Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

KW/Guelph/GTA Meet...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fidget
It was good getting out with cobalt owners. I can honestly say that the guys have pride in there cars and are quite knowledgeable of them as well.

I took part in IASCA competitions years ago and got the same type of vibe where it is a unique community. They have convinced me to get a ss/sc as my next car just a matter of what model year.

We also discovered that a redneck gets extra horsepower and torque out of a camaro by installing the laundry basket option into his car. (you had to be there)

So when is the next meet?
OMG, I can't believe I forgot about that camaro. That was almost as funny as that honda that went racing by us on 2 wheels back on Easter Weekend at our lil London Cobalt meet, for those who were there, this camaro is a close 2nd lol Now i'm pissing my pants laughing thinking about both of them. Cobalts sure do bring out all the dummies in this world don't they? LOL As far as the next meet whenever, we can make this a weekly thing on a tuesday and head over to that timmies by the aud and just talk and chill, whatya guys think? Meet at lulus again at say 7 or 7:30 then head over on tuesday???
Old 06-22-2006, 06:33 PM

I'd be in for a weekly meet. I had a good time, next time I'll have the common sense not to bring the GF along though LOL. That was a weak call.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by keeper51
OMG, I can't believe I forgot about that camaro. That was almost as funny as that honda that went racing by us on 2 wheels back on Easter Weekend at our lil London Cobalt meet, for those who were there, this camaro is a close 2nd lol Now i'm pissing my pants laughing thinking about both of them. Cobalts sure do bring out all the dummies in this world don't they? LOL As far as the next meet whenever, we can make this a weekly thing on a tuesday and head over to that timmies by the aud and just talk and chill, whatya guys think? Meet at lulus again at say 7 or 7:30 then head over on tuesday???
works for me! Hopefully more come out.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jephron
I'd be in for a weekly meet. I had a good time, next time I'll have the common sense not to bring the GF along though LOL. That was a weak call.
Nah man, gotta do what ya gotta do to keep them happy LOL
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im on holidays next week so i'll be there.
Also looks like its offical... Head gasket on the Z24 is starting to go so im looking at getting a ss/sc in the fall .
Old 06-22-2006, 08:23 PM

Im on holidays next week so i'll be there.
Also looks like its offical... Head gasket on the Z24 is starting to go so im looking at getting a ss/sc in the fall .
sweet, can't wait to add u to our cobalt family officially so what colour are u looking at then if u are, recaros or the two-tone leather?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:36 PM

Im looking at getting LSD and the recaros and as for colour I would like to get blue as my first choice since EVERY car i have owned execpt 1 has been red. The other was black. Second choice is red LOL.

Just have to see if they are out there somewhere in a GM back lot.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:40 PM

Im looking at getting LSD and the recaros and as for colour I would like to get blue as my first choice since EVERY car i have owned execpt 1 has been red. The other was black. Second choice is red LOL.

Just have to see if they are out there somewhere in a GM back lot.
Hey come on, what's wrong with yellow damnit lol
Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 PM

Yellow would be my third Black forth and finally the lovely shade of retro orange.

I was at a dealership in Brampton today. They had a Yellow SS/SC on the lot but no G85 on it. To bad the guy who i bought my car from is no longer there.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 PM

Yellow would be my third Black forth and finally the lovely shade of retro orange.

I was at a dealership in Brampton today. They had a Yellow SS/SC on the lot but no G85 on it. To bad the guy who i bought my car from is no longer there.
What the hell is wrong with black? Jeph's GF was like, wow I like the black....chicks dig black! Jeph, no worries on bringing the GF, I will bring mine, they can be freinds and talk make-up hahaha.

I painted my front chevy symbol gunmetal yesterday to match my rims....ya....f'd that right up....thanks to my butterfingers, I dropped it and put a huge scratch in it....

So I wet sand, and wet sand, and wet sand, 1000 grit paper, and of course, most of it comes off, but there is always that little bit that does not. Ya so it looks horrid...

Guess who is going to GM to get a new symbol? ME!

I don't want to know how much those cost....Anyone want to sell me thier front bumper GM symbol?

GM stage 1 is coming soon! Hurry it up already!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 PM

Black is nice when its clean but its a pain to keep clean.

My black car that i had was a 92 Suzuki Swift Gt. I had a $10k stereo system in it which i compeated in IASCA with. Car always had to be imaculate for shows. It was a pain!! they should invent a black paint where its easy to keep clean.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:48 AM

Black is nice when its clean but its a pain to keep clean.

My black car that i had was a 92 Suzuki Swift Gt. I had a $10k stereo system in it which i compeated in IASCA with. Car always had to be imaculate for shows. It was a pain!! they should invent a black paint where its easy to keep clean.
Argh tell me about it. Hey about the meet being on Tuesday or sometimes on tuesdays, that works for me cause mon tues are my days off cause of my schedule. I'd like to get out, that is if i get my car back out of the shop!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 AM

If there is a meet on July 9th going on, i would be down in London that weekend and would be up for it
Old 06-23-2006, 06:57 AM

no, the meet on July 9th would be down here in Kitchener, no set time or place yet. And yes, Tuesdays has officially become our coffee night now, so come on down either meet at the old lulu's at 7:30 or meet at the Tim Hortons beside Stedlebauer Chevrolet dealership on the corner of King & Ottawa basically about 7:45ish then.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 PM

no, the meet on July 9th would be down here in Kitchener, no set time or place yet. And yes, Tuesdays has officially become our coffee night now, so come on down either meet at the old lulu's at 7:30 or meet at the Tim Hortons beside Stedlebauer Chevrolet dealership on the corner of King & Ottawa basically about 7:45ish then.
nice that works great for me... so coffee talk , then u guys usually go for a good rip around town n stuff?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by knatsabooh
nice that works great for me... so coffee talk , then u guys usually go for a good rip around town n stuff?
Well last time, and only time so far, all we did was stand around and talk then left, but we were there for a good 1 1/2 hours. We could go for a cruise this time if everyone wants to but trust me, it's a lot of fun just in the parking lot at this timmies lol
Old 06-23-2006, 03:41 PM

Well last time, and only time so far, all we did was stand around and talk then left, but we were there for a good 1 1/2 hours. We could go for a cruise this time if everyone wants to but trust me, it's a lot of fun just in the parking lot at this timmies lol
as long as my car is out of the shop by then i'm in.... another thing i was thinking was getting a bunch of us together from the area and hitting up Grand Bend for the test and tune friday night... could be pretty fun.. something to think about anyway. I'm off to work... talk to ya's later.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:11 PM

I did grand bend two or three weeks ago. I posted on here for two weeks prior and got no takers, hopefully you'll have better luck. In any case count me in.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jephron
I did grand bend two or three weeks ago. I posted on here for two weeks prior and got no takers, hopefully you'll have better luck. In any case count me in.
**** i didn't see that... i would have been keen.. ya well umm 2 weeks from now i'm thinking... u;d be in tho ?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:40 PM

Let met check my calander at work and see if I can leave early on that friday, and I'll get back to you, I'm just itching to go again.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by knatsabooh
**** i didn't see that... i would have been keen.. ya well umm 2 weeks from now i'm thinking... u;d be in tho ?
I'd be up for Grand bend, but I want to get my GMPP stage 1 installed first...but Tues is good for me, who is coming on Tues anyway?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:53 AM

Yeah my geography sucks, but if you can give an address so that i can google map ill definately drive up to the meet, and try to get my buddy Greg up there as well, he also has an SS/SC
Old 06-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Destructo26
I'd be up for Grand bend, but I want to get my GMPP stage 1 installed first...but Tues is good for me, who is coming on Tues anyway?

I'll be there tue, 7:30 LuLu's again?
Old 06-25-2006, 12:41 PM

I'll be there tue, 7:30 LuLu's again?

OK 7:30 LuLu's...

I want a new toy, the G-Tech Pro test drive SS...Who needs a shift light when you have this thing, measure 1/4 mile G-forces etc etc..check it out, like $230 on ebay..

http://www.gtechpro.com/index.html
Old 06-25-2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Xury
Yeah my geography sucks, but if you can give an address so that i can google map ill definately drive up to the meet, and try to get my buddy Greg up there as well, he also has an SS/SC
Well instead of going to the old Lulu's, i'm not sure what the address of it is anyways and if i said it's near sportsworld u prolly wouldn't know where it is still, but if u'd rather just meet us at the Tim Hortons were going to at say 8pm tuesday, it's right beside Stedelbauer Motor Ltd (Chevy Dealership) and the address for them is 20 Ottawa Street North so, hope that helps.

Quick Reply: KW/Guelph/GTA Meet...