Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Problems with OTTP

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Well now that the truth is out we can clearly see the op edited his pms to make it appear ottp was gonna charge him a restocking fee on the gauges, but it was for the meth kit he had asked to cancel that the restocking fee was for, op dont be so dishonest.
Get an email from OTTP saying that I owe them more for the order because there site/software didnt charge me enough. Read bellow, I deleted stuff about a second order I was having issues with also, wanna keep this thread mainly about the gauges and communication.

Also I never stated that I was possibly going to have to pay restocking fees... I wasnt dishonest... read the bold....

My main concern was with the communication problems.... this all could have been settled in probably a 3 day span...but no it took over 2 weeks...just so I could get a full refund.

Originally Posted by 05RallyYellowSS

So he's always had problems with OTTP but continues to buy from them? This is just one of the many stories he has yet he doesn't mind submitting more orders knowing that they're probably gonna suck too?

Sorry but I don't buy the OP's complaint. The moment any business upsets me, they are DONE unless I absolutely need it. No offense to OTTP because they have always handled me well but.....they don't really have anything you can't get somewhere else so why would the OP CONTINUE to make purchases from an alleged crappy vendor?

Just saying..
after I placed my orders I had a gut feeling that I was probably going to get fucked so way or another...talked to Mark and other friends on FB. They just had some way better deals on the stuff I wanted than ZZP had.....this is the final straw with OTTP....never again
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They didn't really have much choice they had already shipped them. They couldn't bill customer more cause it would just be charged back by customers bank. There only recourse would be to sick their lawyers on the customer to try to recover the extra items and it would be a public relations nightmare. I know for a fact because it has happened to me that they cancel orders that haven't been shipped if their is a pricing error. The error will be reported on a forum, a few dozen will get the shipment but most will have the order canceled. At one point when your order was canceled due to a pricing error they would give you a discount code to be used in the future but they haven't done that for two or three years
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had good and bad times with OTTP but after talking with Josh and after placing another order, I have had nothing but good times with OTTP. Its clear here that the OP went to the website after Josh and him talked and ordered the gauges he wanted for a NON STOCK item. So when they were bought online for the in stock items there was a price diff. There is always two sides, OTTP is still solid in my book. Just get verbal before you order anything online. A small business doesn't have the time sometimes to babysit a website error. Josh refunded it and made it right.

As far as the mounts go they are awesome, but there is a bit of nutswinging for powell but Josh makes a great mount, just be sure to know the details about the bushings and both sides of the story between Powell and OTTP. I was hated on just for posting pics of my stage 2 ottp mounts. There is a bit of favoritism for certain vendors.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still never received my 2.7in pulley from two years ago from OTTP. oh well
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CobaltSS89
Still never received my 2.7in pulley from two years ago from OTTP. oh well
I tried to lookup your info by your city listed as nashville and we have no record of it. Maybe you have moved. Pm me your name and I will see if I can help you out.