Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Simple transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple transmission question

Do the transmissions on the LSJ and LNF feel the same? I know they are the same, but should they feel the exact same?

My mom has a '07 with 23k miles on it that we know the complete history of, I have an '09 with 20k miles and when we bought it, it had TONS of issues(It barely ran). The dealership said it was tuned for everything-exhaust, intake, turbo, and that there was signs of nitrous use. They never said anything about the transmission and it never had any problems(Besides a broken shifter cable).

I don't know how a stock clutch would have held up but I would have thought the dealership would have at least told me if it wasn't stock, or they just never checked it, im not sure. My mom's car feels really smooth to shift, almost like a toy car and the clutch engages at a very exact spot. Mine feels allot more sticky to shift and the clutch feels much wider, you have to push the pedal pretty much all the way to the ground for it to fully engage. Either way...I like mine more, it feels allot more beefy and its easier to manipulate the clutch. It'd be awesome to findout I have a built transmission and a nice clutch lol
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
lsj has a shorter axle ratio than lnf. 4.05:1 compared to 3.86:1/

clutch cover on the lsj is weak. the gmpp upgrade clutch is the same cover as an LNF.

fit a gmpp upgrade clutch to the 07 it will feel better. But the final drive ratio difference will make it feel different, and shifter cable/pivot arms/shift box are improved on the lnf SO

bottom line different. both okay, LNF feels better.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
lsj has a shorter axle ratio than lnf. 4.05:1 compared to 3.86:1/

clutch cover on the lsj is weak. the gmpp upgrade clutch is the same cover as an LNF.

fit a gmpp upgrade clutch to the 07 it will feel better. But the final drive ratio difference will make it feel different, and shifter cable/pivot arms/shift box are improved on the lnf SO

bottom line different. both okay, LNF feels better.
Sweet, thanks. Probably stock then, previous owner took the time to replace everything else to stock, dont know why they would have skipped the transmission.