Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Any Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Ideas

Today we decided to put my brothers subs and anp in the trunk and wire up his xm, both from his previous car. I have the xm working through the fm modulator type thing that comes with the kit because he has the stock deck, but it only comes thru clear with the antenna off. Is it because of the modulator or some wiring on my part? Also I wired the amp exactly how I did on my moms Silverado, I used an add a circuit to run a remote turn on from the fuse pannel and a hi/lo converter to get the rca hookup. The amp turns on but nothing comes out, is the hi/lo converter bad, and how would I check? Sorry for the long post just want to get all the details out there.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Domestictuned
Today we decided to put my brothers subs and anp in the trunk and wire up his xm, both from his previous car. I have the xm working through the fm modulator type thing that comes with the kit because he has the stock deck, but it only comes thru clear with the antenna off. Is it because of the modulator or some wiring on my part? Also I wired the amp exactly how I did on my moms Silverado, I used an add a circuit to run a remote turn on from the fuse pannel and a hi/lo converter to get the rca hookup. The amp turns on but nothing comes out, is the hi/lo converter bad, and how would I check? Sorry for the long post just want to get all the details out there.
I don't know what you mean "with the antenna off" do you mean with the regular factory antenna unscrewed from the car?? If that's the case, the modulator is likely using a frequency that's very close to a radio station out there, and when you put the antenna in its picking it up.

For the no output coming from the speakers, I would go over all of your connections again and make sure you have the converter wired correctly from the factory wiring. Also, isn't there some type of gain control on those things? Is it too low?