Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

HELP PLEASE! I have electrical problems!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP PLEASE! I have electrical problems!

Sad to say that this is my first post on here! Alright, so here's my problem! I recently purchased a 2008 SS/TC and it has some wiring/electrical problems. None of my interior lights work. This is includes my radio button lights, steering wheel controls, HVAC controls, and my boost gauge. I dug into the passenger fuse box and found that the previous owner disconnected the gray wire that powers all of these things and ran a green wire straight to the gauge cluster. When I connected all the wires together, everything worked great like it should. I was driving back home that night, but got pulled over for no taillights. I looked down at my gauge cluster and realized it wasn't lighting up, along with all of my other interior lights. I replaced the fuse in the engine bay fuse box (15A park lamp) and all was good for a little bit. The fuse popped again, and again, and again. Finally, I disconnected everything and wired it back up to how it originally was when I got the car, but now I am back to no interior lights. I'm not sure where to start looking to solve my problem, or why the previous owner even wired the gauge cluster to the circuit that he did. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
Sounds like you have a short somewhere that is popping that fuse. The PO must have been too lazy to find the short and just wired up a new circuit. I would start by checking all the wires connected to the original circuit, and make sure they are in good condition.