Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.

1st accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st accident

some guy sideswiped me at the mall yest afternoon....heres the carnage

picking up the police report on Wed to see whos to blame...story of what happened is too long to write on here lol
Old 01-15-2007, 06:05 PM

that sucks.....make his insurance pay for all of it!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:11 PM

haha 10 bucks says his insurance is bogus...his licence looked fake too...at least the cops got involved so i have some documentation...we'll see what happens...*crosses fingers*...he claimed that he works for a law firm and that he was gonna sue me for all i got cuz i messed up his car...a late 90's acura integra beat to hell all banged up with tints altezzas and an exaust...his car was red but you can only see traces of red paint transfer and the rest is all from rust and primer lol..the cop actually told the guy to settle down cuz he was getting on his nerves while i was standing calmly by my car
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 PM

am i missing the links
Old 01-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like some paint trade is all that went down.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Could have been worse
Old 01-15-2007, 06:22 PM

his 1/4 panel is pretty screwed up (not much more than it already was lol) and theres some deep gouges in my bumper cover, small ding with a paint crack in the fender and the fenders pushed in a little so it doesnt line up with the hood anymore...im gonna see if the detail guy where i work can buff off all the paint transfer and **** so the actual damage is more visible...im not really freaking out over this but u kno..its sad lol this was the 1st brand new car (aka PERFECT) for me
Old 01-15-2007, 06:31 PM

Oh yea, he's gonna sue you for everything you got alright! ROFL! Some people need to grow up and learn to accept responsibility for their ****-ups.

Definitely a shame though.

Let us know what happens as far as the police report and insurance goes.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:36 PM

easy fix right there
Old 01-15-2007, 06:37 PM

i want to know the story!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by afireinside7710
i want to know the story!!!

if u insist...although its kind of hard without a diagram lol

ok to start...im at the mall on a sunday afternoon..primetime....its packed...worst ive ever seen...and thats an understatement....so anyway im driving around the better part of an hour looking for a space...im making a left into an aisle but i stop to wait for a car to finish parallel parking into a space....******* in a teggy decides to try to go around me as i start moving forward again (its barely wide enuf to fit 2 cars in these aisles fyi) i keep going and he stops and pulls back in behind me....up ahead i see a girl waiting for a car to pull out of its space (on her side its regular side by side parking...on my side its paralell parking so this girl is attempting to parallel park ACROSS the lane...in the WRONG direction) i pretend i dont see her (yes i know kind of being an ******* but hell i was sick of driving around looking and besides i did have the right of way to park there) so i set myself up to paralell park in the space...signals on...cars in reverse....i check my mirror and the teggy was stopped behind me so i proceed....as im backing into the space watching to make sure i didnt hit the car pulling out of it i hear the girl screaming at me cuz im "stealing her space" and i hear a horn honking at me...i assumed it was the girl...it was actually the guy in the teggy trying to squeeze between me and the girl which was IMO a suicidal move seeing as its barely big enuf for 2 cars side by side let alone 3...evidently the guy in the teg doesnt know what the middle pedal in his car is cuz he keeps going despite the fact that im in his way and boom his pass. door and 1/4 panel meets my bumper and fender....and get this...HE DOESNT STOP...so the damage on his car goes from the middle of the door to the taillight....the girls still screaming at me the whole time i wanted to shoot her....she then pulls up and backs into the space im already half way into and gets out of her car and goes over to the teg dude and they come and tag team me for hitting him....the guys screaming at me like i hit his freakin ferarri or something when it was just an old beat up acura with more rust than paint on the thing and countless glaring violations (busted lights, illegal tint, exhaust etc). he gets on the fone and calls the cops screaming at the top of his lungs like someone was being murdered meanwhile the girls STILL going at me non stop...cops come to write it up and assess everyting...the guys all up in the cops face telling him how he works for a law firm and i was at fault and blah blah blah till the cop tells him to shut it and comes over to me (calmly standing by my car waiting) and asks me a couple questions...the girls still going on and on till the cop told her to get out b4 he ticketed her for her expired inspection and tints. (thank god)....so the cop goes back to his car for about 40 min and comes back informing us that the report would be ready on wednesday.....thats basically the story....i know its confusing but thats the best i can do lol

as far as im concerned this is not my fault at all becuase
a) its a 2 lane road...not 3 therefor the ac' dude had no right of way to go around me either time and...
b) the girl didnt have the right to the space cuz she was on the other side of the road facing the other direction...you parallel park on ur own side facing ur own direction...not across the street facing the wrong direction

the only thing i can be accused of here is being an inconsiderate ******* to the girl but i honestly couldnt care less...i was sick of driving around in circles
Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 AM

I'm glad I don't live in NY state Best of luck in getting everything all fixed up. You gotta love inconsiderate a-holes.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:04 AM

In this state, accidents in parking lots and other private lots are automatically no fault accidents. Sounds like you weren't paying attention while stealing a spot from someone else, but it didn't make it any more right for him to try and pass you.
However, technically you have LESS right to park your car than he has to pass. Sorry to say it, but I think it will either be a no fault accident or your fault. Since by his course of action, no accident would have occurred had you been sitting still, but even if he stopped when it became clear that you were parallel parking, you still would have swiveled out and hit him.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

either my eyes are bad..or im just stupid...

but i cant read 40 long sentenced paragraphs...

...what the hell is a teg?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
but even if he stopped when it became clear that you were parallel parking, you still would have swiveled out and hit him.
my car was already swiveled out when he tried to go through...he just misjudged the amount of space he had....i know some things could construe this as being my fault here so im just hoping for the best....

a 'teg is an acura integra lol and yeah i know its hard to read..sorry

just got the estimate back and its gonne be about $926 to $1148
Old 01-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by TCarter
either my eyes are bad..or im just stupid...

but i cant read 40 long sentenced paragraphs...

...what the hell is a teg?
The teg is the Integra from the accident lol

Originally Posted by MikeyMo84
my car was already swiveled out when he tried to go through...he just misjudged the amount of space he had....i know some things could construe this as being my fault here so im just hoping for the best....

a 'teg is an acura integra lol and yeah i know its hard to read..sorry
damnit you beat me to it

Last edited by 07LaserBlueSS; 01-16-2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by 06CobaltLSSilver
The teg is the Integra from the accident lol

damnit you beat me to it

i wish i had a pic of it lol...it was kinda pathetic...like you could see the holes left in the hatch where someone ripped off his ricer spoiler...and i could tell it was ripped off cuz the holes were all ragged like the thing was pried off
Old 01-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned

Those scuff marks can come off easily with Cleaner Wax (any autoparts store) atleast it will make your car look better until you get the work done...good luck
Old 01-16-2007, 07:43 PM

yeah i already did that today..used some body shop paint prep solvent **** from out back

all that grey stuff is primer and dirt from his car lol..says a lot for the condition it was in
Old 01-16-2007, 07:51 PM

That sucks man my first accident was alot worse than that lol Hope you get everything worked out.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:06 PM

picked up the police report today and what a crock of **** that was...the entire description and diagram was rife with editorialized storytelling and exaggeration...time to make some phone calls and take this to court...oh and i just found out that i apparently was not insured at the time of the accident because the insurance company "didnt recieve my payment and called me 4 times about it" ugh...this is getting really messy