General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

cobalts much cheaper now!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cobalts much cheaper now!

hey guys did some searchin this morning built up the exact same car i have now....06 ss/sc loaded with g85 and they priced it at 23,460 sticker and GMS price at 21,420....... thing is even though GM lowered their prices take a look at their regional incentives i.e. interest ratres with GMAC......they went up! who knows
Old 01-11-2006, 08:18 AM

GM Cuts Sticker Prices to Provide Even More Value
Consumers Benefit Through Simplified, More Competitive Pricing

DETROIT – GM today announced that it has significantly lowered Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRPs) on vehicles accounting for about 80 percent of its sales volume. This move covers every Chevrolet, Buick and GMC model, as well as most Pontiac cars and trucks. The new MSRPs are effective Jan. 11. This is the next step in GM’s initiative to simplify pricing and offer consumers the best value in the industry.

Combining this price repositioning with adjustments made to MSRPs at the beginning of the 2006 model year, GM has lowered MSRPs on vehicles representing about 90 percent of its volume.

“This is a big step for us and arguably the biggest price repositioning in our history,” said Mark LaNeve, GM vice president, North America Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. “This move is in line with our customers’ desire for simple, compelling prices.”

Under the new pricing structure, MSRPs on many GM vehicles have been lowered, some by as much as $2,500.

LaNeve explained that GM’s aggressive pricing action taken at the beginning of the 2006 model year was effective in the improving sales performance of the new launch products. This action allowed for clearer comparisons to competitive vehicles and pricing simplicity. It also enabled the nearly two-thirds of new vehicle buyers using the internet to research their vehicle purchase and get strong MSRP comparisons. Evidence of the consumer appeal of this approach became apparent when new products like the Chevrolet Impala and HHR, Pontiac Solstice and Cadillac DTS – introduced with very compelling prices - experienced strong sales following their launch.

“Starting right now, we are going to communicate a clear, simple message,” LaNeve added. “In more segments, with more brands, GM has a great product at a great price, and in many cases, we have the best product at the best price. Customers can compare for themselves not only on our own websites, but on Head2Head at Edmunds.com.”

Pricing for much of the Cadillac lineup already is well-positioned. With today’s announcement, CTS and SRX MSRPs also were repositioned. 2007 Escalade pricing will be announced next week.

Among Saturn models, only Relay was repositioned. Saab and HUMMER also are not included in today’s announcement. Vehicles for these brands are competitively priced.

“As we head into 2006, we’re launching 19 new products that represent over 1.5 million vehicle sales,” LaNeve said. “Today’s action allows us to talk more about the features and benefits of all of our vehicles and to spend less time talking about ‘the deal.’”

FOR RELEASE: 2006-01-10
Old 01-11-2006, 08:19 AM

And on related news... .

Chevrolet today announced the all-new Tahoe will be priced at $33,990 for the LS model equipped with a standard 5.3L engine. This new vehicle is priced approximately $2,000 below its predecessor. The 2007 Tahoe goes on sale at Chevrolet dealers across the country today.

“Tahoe has been the best-selling full-sized SUV since 2001. The 2007 model is the best Tahoe yet, and we are bringing it to the marketplace at a great value,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. “This is very consistent with our recent pricing of other launch vehicles, making America's number one brand, Chevrolet, also America's number one value.”

The starting price for a Tahoe LT 5.3L is $35,740; and an LTZ, equipped with a 5.3L engine begins at $44,015. All prices include $875 Destination Freight Charge (DFC) and are 2WD.

The new Tahoe takes over at the top of the segment not only in sales, but also in fuel economy. When combined with improved aerodynamics, the small-block V-8 gives the Tahoe the segment’s best fuel economy. Two-wheel-drive models equipped with the 5.3L engine have EPA estimates at 16 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway. Tahoe was the first full-sized SUV with an EPA estimated highway mpg over 20.

“We know customers are looking for fuel-efficient, high quality vehicles that offer more standard equipment at competitive prices, and that’s what we are delivering,” said Peper. “This strategy, which we started last year, helped Chevrolet become the best-selling vehicle brand in the United States for the first time since 1986.”

In 2005, Chevrolet's sales results were paced by full-size pickup sales and the introduction of the new Impala, Equinox, HHR and Cobalt. Over the last five years, driven by consumer response to its revamped product lineup, Chevrolet closed an 850,000-unit sales gap with the competition, a notable accomplishment given the increasingly competitive nature of the U.S. auto industry. Chevrolet's continuing strong truck sales and the introduction of important entry-level vehicles were key to this achievement. Chevrolet's new entry-level vehicles, the Equinox, HHR, Cobalt and Aveo, increased sales by more than 100,000 units in 2005.

“More Americans buy Chevys than any other brand,” Peper said, “and we intend to defend our sales position with a continued strong product assault in 2006, led by our new trucks.”

The new Tahoe is one of six all-new vehicles Chevrolet will launch this year.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-01-10
Old 01-11-2006, 02:20 PM

Oh that sucks! I could have saved a grand by waiting a week.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:03 PM

Wow, 19,900 for a new SS/SC, I REALLY wish I had waited to buy.....
Old 01-11-2006, 05:40 PM

grrrrrrrrrrrrr , I couldnt have touched $21K when I got my SS if it had G85 and the options mine did .
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM

i was lucky enough to pick mine up for 24,900 after taxes, 6% apr, and fees =) you could do the math
Old 01-11-2006, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by mcz34man
hey guys did some searchin this morning built up the exact same car i have now....06 ss/sc loaded with g85 and they priced it at 23,460 sticker and GMS price at 21,420....... thing is even though GM lowered their prices take a look at their regional incentives i.e. interest ratres with GMAC......they went up! who knows

I work for Chevy and we just found out about all of this yesterday when we received the 'tags' for all the vehicles with the new prices on them. The nice thing about the new pricing, is that unlike all other 'red tag events', these prices are permanent on that vehicle until it is sold. There is no time limit on these prices.

Direct quote from a flyer from GM "The window stickers are not short-term promotional items. They are to be permanently displayed on the vehicles until sold."

Incentives and rebates are looking good also, but just like someone else had mentioned in this forum, the loan %'s have gone up dramatically and will most likely continue to climb. For example, the SmartBuy option was at 4.9% and is now at 6.0%.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:10 PM

Bahhh I paid 20 grand flat for mine brand new. 20,500 taxed and titled
Old 01-11-2006, 10:35 PM

After riping the dealer for 3K for my old 97 cavy And my GM discount and a 1000 off ticket I had plus the red tag thing I payed like 18K for mine.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:35 AM

I paid cash for mine, is tha like getting it free?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:32 AM

around 21k for me after you factor in the interest and tax and tag fees, and 3k for my trade in, i wish i had waited, i could got an 04 GTO w/ 5k miles for 23k or a 05 GTO w/ 7k miles for 25k so i could atleast be able to justify my monthly payments, but it's almost been a year since i've had my SS/SC
Old 01-13-2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by denniss
I paid cash for mine, is tha like getting it free?
LOL! nope, but you sure dont have to pay loan rates! that is what I wanted to do, but I got lazy and then other uneventful things happened like my bike accident that prevented me from working. I have a nice down payment though and I will be making some hefty bills once summer gets going...

Anyway.... Is this "lower msrp thing" going to be harder to work the salesperson down? Has anyone tried to haggle for a factory ordered car?