General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

New to the cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan07SS
I plan on taking my time and learning to drive it . I will get it .....it just takes time .

So what can I do about an intake for the car ?
When you say intake you refer to intake manifold or CAI?

I know GM has an intake manifold.

06 stock ss/sc
Old 06-12-2007, 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=R&C_rallySS;1124322]I have to ask, if you had a GTP I'm guessing you have some exp. with cars. Can you install simple things like intakes and exhaust? If so I think a intake would be a good start. That was my first mod. Also to answer your question, yes I think you should or need exhaust to trap that high. You can get a nice GMP catback set up for around 400 bucks. Stainless and everything. As for the intake, I hear good things about Injen, and the drop ins are ok too. I personally like the injen and Fujita or w/e its called.

I plan on asking the salesman if he could give me a good deal for the gmp exhaust and stage 2 kit since im buying the car . He said he could work out a nice deal for me , but Im wondering how much it would be for the stage 2 and exhaust parts and intall on both
Old 06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Pave It All...

Originally Posted by Ryan07SS
I plan on asking the salesman if he could give me a good deal for the gmp exhaust and stage 2 kit since im buying the car . He said he could work out a nice deal for me , but Im wondering how much it would be for the stage 2 and exhaust parts and install on both
I paid $1000 (plus tax) for parts and labor for the Stage II...

Reading other members' posts here makes that seem a bit high but I think at the most I might've saved $200 by mail ordering the kit and then just paying labor at a local dealership. Didn't seem worth it when I could take delivery with it already installed.

If you can turn a wrench and have a sawzall/hacksaw/other method of cutting an exhaust tube I'm sure you could do the GMPP exhaust yourself. Best price (and service) I've seen is at crateenginedepot.com, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.