General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Rattleing Noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattleing Noises

Hey Guys...Just wanted to see if anyone else have alot of rattleing noises in there car. Its not that bad but i want my car to feel more sturdy and solid. Has anyone tried get some kind of car insulation or sound deadner. I was thinking about getting some and lining my trunk amd trying to put some inside the doors.

Ive heard of dynomite but isnt that kind of messy?
My friend just did the back side of his trunk in his S4 but it looks like ****.

I want some like pads that are partially sticky on one side so i can just stick it all on and then cover it back up with the orignal siding. Plus..doing it to the doors would make it sound sooo good when it closes.

Ok well just trying to find out if anyone else has done it here. Let me know about it if so.

`peace
Old 11-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dyna mat comes in a few different ways. there are also "clone" products. there is some thin style made that is sticky on one side, so you could do that pretty easy.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
dyna mat comes in a few different ways. there are also "clone" products. there is some thin style made that is sticky on one side, so you could do that pretty easy.
i thought dynomat was like a paste...do they make like sheets of it
Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 PM

dynamat is sticky on one side and like tilfoil on the other. i used this in my trunk as long as u get everything out of the way before you install it you will be fine. As with anything just take your time. i'm going to be dynamating my hole car soon as my new system is rattling everything that i didn't already dynamat
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 06CobaltSSS
i thought dynomat was like a paste...do they make like sheets of it

it comes as a tar-like crap, a spray and in sheets. it's more of a brand name than a product.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltss2.4L
dynamat is sticky on one side and like tilfoil on the other. i used this in my trunk as long as u get everything out of the way before you install it you will be fine. As with anything just take your time. i'm going to be dynamating my hole car soon as my new system is rattling everything that i didn't already dynamat
Ok sweet so they do come in sheets. I think it will make the car feel so much better. I getting a the scateches and dints out of my car and adding a couple exterior things like the new rotors, possibly underglow so i feel alitle more gangster. But when my car is clean and looks perfect, especially sounds solid and not like a flimsy pieve of ****..make me feel so good about the car
Old 11-28-2006, 01:47 PM

if the raddle is comming from the back of your car you should have those baby anchor things by your rear speakers provided you drive the ss coupe flip those up and the noise will stop you can also secure them down, they start doing this when you get after market sound system or exhaust its a simple quik fix.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by waytofastforyou
if the raddle is comming from the back of your car you should have those baby anchor things by your rear speakers provided you drive the ss coupe flip those up and the noise will stop you can also secure them down, they start doing this when you get after market sound system or exhaust its a simple quik fix.

ypu fliping those up was one o the first things i did...I just want the whole like im in a tank feel if you know what i mean.