General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below
View Poll Results: What eibach spring is better HANDLING?
Pro Kit
40.74%
Sportline
55.56%
Other - Please explain and no coilovers please.
3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

What eibach spring is better? you vote.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What eibach spring is better? you vote.

Well me and my friend were having a discussion about what eibach spring would be the best handling spring for the cobalt him having an ls and me having the ss. I told him ive heard that the pro kit , though not as low, is supposed to be better handling than the sportline springs but just dont look as good. now, neither one of us cares about how the drop looks as long as its the best handling spring out of the 2. So, any input would be cool. thanks.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:39 AM

Sportlines are awesome thats all i have to say
Old 11-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have sportlines and love them. I have not tried the prokit. if it is a stiffer rate then you can argue it is better than stock for SS. better than the SPORTLINES? I dont know. first off you would have to say YES and NO. why? the conditions. how rough are roads or course your driving on. the roads in manitoba are the worst and on good parts I will say I love my springs, but because of certain areas in the city or highways (cause they are bad) I would rather have the prokit. I bottom the car on some bumps and railway crossings.

Just to give you an idea how bad our roads are - my brother inlaw has a 04' Corvette. the cruise control will cutout and a message comes up on the message centre that the road surface is too unstable for cruise control. I didn't know a vette or any other car has this safety feature until he told me. ...LOL

other than that stability is really good with sportlines. on roads in FLORIDA or probably any other US state sportlines would be fine. I feel that Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Toronto would also be fine. I have been to these cities and have an idea of their road conditions compared to WINNIPEG (or Winterpeg). Our roads are so bad here due to lack of funding for up keep and our swing in temperatures from -40 to +40 celcius during the year (that is about -40 to +90 in ferhenheit).
Old 11-26-2006, 04:53 PM

well in another thread i saw that someone said the prokit was better handling but just didnt look as good, and that lower doesnt neccesarily mean better handling. so i was trying to get some insight on this for sure as i was under the impression the lower the better handling and now im not so sure of that. also pittsburgh roads are really bad as well.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slvrbalt
well in another thread i saw that someone said the prokit was better handling but just didnt look as good, and that lower doesnt neccesarily mean better handling. so i was trying to get some insight on this for sure as i was under the impression the lower the better handling and now im not so sure of that. also pittsburgh roads are really bad as well.
Well if your banging now you may want to try the pro kit. it is the safest bet. but if the suspension travel is enough using the sportlines that will definitely give you the best handling in corners due to the lower center of gravity. the real question that I cant answer is how much better is it as I have not tried both. being that the rear is droped by 1/2" with prokit I can only imagine the is not that much better than stock accept for the ride is not a cushy and less sway but the center of gravity will not have changed much. this is purely theorectical, but it makes sense to me that the sportlines will hold the road better.

if you go the prokit and want better handling then consider stiffer rear sway bar.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:38 AM

alright so sportlines are better for handling then, i guess the pro kit being better for handling was just a myth
Old 11-27-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by celicacobalt
alright so sportlines are better for handling then, i guess the pro kit being better for handling was just a myth
Well the Pro Kit keeps almost the same ride height but improves handling over stock springs.

The Sportlines drop the SS/SC an inch and improves handling over stock springs.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:45 AM

i like the Sportline ...