Hahn RaceCraft Hahn RaceCraft Is a Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net
Contacts: EcoBoost ; Hahn Sales

Group Buy on SS-TC Charge Piping Kits!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:25 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have to say if we get a killer deal you don't have a choice to not get the logo on there. We would have to make up the price some how and if that through advertising then so be it. I don't advertise for no one unless I am getting a KILLER deal and make it worth my wile.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont think its gonna matter all that much. i think he'll be willing to do whatever each person wants.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hilty003
i dont think its gonna matter all that much. i think he'll be willing to do whatever each person wants.
Quite true. Logos are optional...I'd never expect everyone to run them
Old 10-23-2008, 01:19 AM

Just like I said with the intercooler, at $350 i am in. I would want black pipes though!

Also, how did you attach the pipe to the mount that is next to the mechanical fuel pump? On the OEM pipe, mine (and others) keeps popping off there.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 AM

when i got my hahn kit i was very very suprised by the quality of the charge piping, i thought it would be simple aluminized exhaust piping that had been powder coated... no, this stuff is very nice quality piping that is quite thick and durable with smooth flowing bends and the powder coat is very durable i have had the pipes on and off at least 5-6 times and not one has a even a scratch in it... no matter what it is hahn never fails to produce very high quality pieces at an affordable price.

if you looking for high flow quality charge piping look no further...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:12 AM

$675 for a intercooler combo would be great... anywhere in the $300 range would be nice for the charg pipe alone... Polished please?
Old 10-23-2008, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
The stock piping, while rather ugly, is actually well up to the task of supporting the stock power level. Power gains realized from a piping upgrade like this will increase as you continue to upgrade the car, since the more airflow you try to put through it, the more restrictive the stock piping becomes.
So if we are not looking to do a lot of modding and generating more HP, there really isn't much of a reason to upgrade the charge piping besides aesthetics?

I was thinking that this plastic might be a weak part of the design and it might not be as reliable as the charge piping kits available. Although the kits look very nice, I'm not sure I'd want to spend hundreds of dollars just for looks...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:03 PM

At stock hp levels the piping will be only for looks and durability

I think snyapse got about 5 wheel in the very top end of the rev range with there dyno results with piping only with a tuned car.

I may upgrade if I ever swap turbos down the road however.

I like the fact that when I open the hood now, it looks bone ass stock!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 PM

I would vote for a combo of the piping + intercooler for

1-10 $675
11-15 $650
16-20 $625
20+ $600

Intercooler alone:

1-10 -$425
11-15-$410
16-20-$400
20+ -$375

Piping:
1-10 -$315
11-15-$300
16-20-$275
20+ -$260

..and the piping in a red that matches the Victory red or possibly chrome? (of course chrome would need to be extra). Perhaps polished then clear over that?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:43 PM

It's a bit awkward debating on prices Bill. Members want to get something for a low price, but the product is probably worth a considerable amount more than most of the current suggestions. We trust your judgment Bill and we know you're not going to screw us, so name your price man!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor

I will do just that. Thanks for the input, everyone...and should there be any more suggestions, don't hesitate to post up!

Originally Posted by marcusicp
Just like I said with the intercooler, at $350 i am in. I would want black pipes though!

Also, how did you attach the pipe to the mount that is next to the mechanical fuel pump? On the OEM pipe, mine (and others) keeps popping off there.
We don't. Rigid mounting the pipes after we've used them to eliminate the flexible hoses at each end is not recommended. Engine/transmission movement versus the intercooler's stationary position on the chassis will lead to unwanted stresses and vibration if we tie down the pipe too tightly. Mostly, it's hard on the intercooler, but it's also hard on the pipes and couplers.

Originally Posted by TrevMo
So if we are not looking to do a lot of modding and generating more HP, there really isn't much of a reason to upgrade the charge piping besides aesthetics?

I was thinking that this plastic might be a weak part of the design and it might not be as reliable as the charge piping kits available. Although the kits look very nice, I'm not sure I'd want to spend hundreds of dollars just for looks...
It's true...at stock power levels, the stock piping does well in terms of power. The more you turn the car up, the more swapping out the charge pipes will help.

Other reasons to consider using this on a stock vehicle:
  • Aesthetics (if one is into underhood looks)
  • Durability (the plastic piping has proven a bit limp in some cases)
  • Blow-Off Valve system inclusion later (to improve upshift performance and reduce turbo strain)

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 10-23-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM

I will do just that. Thanks for the input, everyone...and should there be any more suggestions, don't hesitate to post up!

We don't. Rigid mounting the pipes after we've used them to eliminate the flexible hoses at each end is not recommended. Engine/transmission movement versus the intercooler's stationary position on the chassis will lead to unwanted stresses and vibration if we tie down the pipe too tightly. Mostly, it's hard on the intercooler, but it's also hard on the pipes and couplers.

It's true...at stock power levels, the stock piping does well in terms of power. The more you turn the car up, the more swapping out the charge pipes will help.

• Blow-Off Valve system inclusion later (to improve upshift performance and reduce turbo strain)
wut will i have to do to put a tial bov on there??
Old 10-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 04redline0124
wut will i have to do to put a tial bov on there??
Most TiaLs are open discharge...and not readily compatible with this engine management system without significant retuning and modification.

Our system will used our adjustable recirculating Billet BOV:

Old 10-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious... Do you have any sound clips on what that Billet would sound like?
Old 10-23-2008, 03:30 PM

Does anyone know if there have been problems with the stock piping at stock levels besides it coming loose (I've heard of a few cases of this). I'm mostly looking for the durability improvement...and the looks would also be nice...
Old 10-23-2008, 03:31 PM

Most TiaLs are open discharge...and not readily compatible with this engine management system without significant retuning and modification.

soo this system is recirculated??? same problems on the dsm's correct?

Originally Posted by JPizzle
Just curious... Do you have any sound clips on what that Billet would sound like?
x2 lol

Last edited by 04redline0124; 10-23-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor

soo this system is recirculated??? same problems on the dsm's correct?
Yes, most OEM systems use a recirculating style. Frankly, it is the most efficient method, as it keeps the turbo more spooled than an open discharge. With our design, it's pretty noisy too!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM

Yes, most OEM systems use a recirculating style. Frankly, it is the most efficient method, as it keeps the turbo more spooled than an open discharge. With our design, it's pretty noisy too!
I hear ya lol So then a greddy type s would work on this car then?
Old 10-23-2008, 03:37 PM

Could your BOV be vented to atmosphere with proper tuning?

Originally Posted by TrevMo
Does anyone know if there have been problems with the stock piping at stock levels besides it coming loose (I've heard of a few cases of this). I'm mostly looking for the durability improvement...and the looks would also be nice...
I can't speak for the Cobalt people, but there have been lots of issues with the HHR SS stock piping.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronHHRSS
I can't speak for the Cobalt people, but there have been lots of issues with the HHR SS stock piping.
We do have an open version. Employing one is usually much more complex than a tuning change alone...it may also require significant hardware changes to re-locate the MAF, and then basically turns into a complete re-tune from top to bottom of the airflow range.

You are correct...I am actually surprised that we've not seen more Cobalts with the plastic piping problems that have appeared on HHR.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:44 PM

I might go with a greaddy type s for the time being then.....but i want to hear ur billet one hah
Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM

i wanna hear this billet bov with this car. id love to C what the dyno numbers are with the piping. the i/c and the BOV. and the tune!!! im sure this car will be well over 300 WHP and thats what i want

OMG is that BOV sport tint red!?!?! it looks sexi!!!

Last edited by SRodSS007; 10-23-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2008, 03:58 PM

There are dyno tests for the HHR SS intercooler on the Hahn website.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are dyno tests for the HHR SS intercooler on the Hahn website.
Yep. I would like to know if the Cobalt somehow makes more power out of the IC, than the HHR would.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

I might go with a greaddy type s for the time being then.....but i want to hear ur billet one hah
Get them while you can...Greddy's filed bankruptcy in the USA and Japan

I'll get a sound clip up for this soon!

Originally Posted by JPizzle
Yep. I would like to know if the Cobalt somehow makes more power out of the IC, than the HHR would.
They should be too close to call...the engines and supporting equipment are 99.99999% identical. Making the HHR SS one of the coolest grocery-getters ever!

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 10-23-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Group Buy on SS-TC Charge Piping Kits!