Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, and IL

Get together before winter.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get together before winter.

everyone in the chicago land area should have a meet or something before it gets cold out. i live near arlington heights so idk where would be a good central place for it to happen. any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt SS/TC
everyone in the chicago land area should have a meet or something before it gets cold out. i live near arlington heights so idk where would be a good central place for it to happen. any suggestions?
Im game and anywhere other than the city lol such a cluster up there
Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 PM

Sigh.

We already have a a strong Chicagoland group that meets up once a month. There is already on thread on this. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/mid-...-meets-245226/

Come to meets. Meet people. You then get the info on the other things we do, like fall CED sponsored BBQs that happened two weeks ago.

Can't come on Wednesday? Post up in that thread anyways. Yes, a lot of us aren't on this forum anymore. Again. Come to meets, meet the guys in person. Or PM me on info on where everyone is...

Having a billion threads for every suburb of Chicago is going to get us no where.

A lot of the guys in Chicago don't have their cars right now, and so they aren't posting. This is where it again relies on people coming to the monthly meets if at all possible so we stay connected. We also do things like go drag racing up at Great Lakes, or just hanging out at Strats. But that again means we have to meet you. By showing up at the meets or posting up in once place.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Whitnith
Sigh.

We already have a a strong Chicagoland group that meets up once a month. There is already on thread on this. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/mid-...-meets-245226/

Come to meets. Meet people. You then get the info on the other things we do, like fall CED sponsored BBQs that happened two weeks ago.

Can't come on Wednesday? Post up in that thread anyways. Yes, a lot of us aren't on this forum anymore. Again. Come to meets, meet the guys in person. Or PM me on info on where everyone is...

Having a billion threads for every suburb of Chicago is going to get us no where.

A lot of the guys in Chicago don't have their cars right now, and so they aren't posting. This is where it again relies on people coming to the monthly meets if at all possible so we stay connected. We also do things like go drag racing up at Great Lakes, or just hanging out at Strats. But that again means we have to meet you. By showing up at the meets or posting up in once place.

driving to chicago 45 min away isnt the best. iv read through that thread and its just having dinner
Old 10-11-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt SS/TC
driving to chicago 45 min away isnt the best. iv read through that thread and its just having dinner
But yet we have guys from Schaumburg, Carol Stream, etc come every month. If we meet in the city everyone has to drive about the same distance to get there.

And guess what? I live in Chicago, and still takes me at least 30 mins to get down there.

And yeah, that is just us having dinner. But that's how you get to know people, to then set up other things. We've already had one fall BBQ, and are probably going to have another if the weather keeps being nice. We go racing at Great Lakes. We all meet up at Strats. We go out to dinner other times during the month. Go to water parks during the summer. Watch football games.

Come to the monthly meet. Get to know people. Do things with us.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 AM

my cars way tooooo slow to be cruisin with any fast cobalts ;/ but i usually go to strats alot and chill and eat the burgers and watch all the dumb asses that leave that place it fills up on friday nights pretty fast
Old 10-12-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by LittleRedRocketSS
my cars way tooooo slow to be cruisin with any fast cobalts ;/ but i usually go to strats alot and chill and eat the burgers and watch all the dumb asses that leave that place it fills up on friday nights pretty fast
strats aint to bad took the balt there a few times