Nitrous Oxide N20

My new nitrous set up pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
I got that info from Honda kids.
Thats ur problem right there. Im sure they told you that they run 12's with Intake and 14 bottles of octane booster as well.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Tinkles
What kind of inspection was done? Im hesitant about adding nitrous to my S/C build because of concerns with how the fuel will affect the rotors and the possibility of it being pulled out of the "air" at the laminva cores.
What do you mean by inspection? The black coation was normal, as any other used blower that has not had nitrous/fuel passed through it would be.

Honestly, after going through the blower, i'm sure it's dispersed well past the point of dropping out of the airstream in the laminova cores. Airspeed is really high through the cores as well, much more so than the rest of the manifold.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
apparently it removes the teflon coating on the blades but that coating is only for noise reduction anyway
They no longer put teflon on the rotors, the coating that is on them is more like powder coating.. The post below is from zoomer in response to a question i had about methanol vs rotor coating a while back.

Originally Posted by Zooomer
The older Eaton blowers used larger tolerances in the blowers with a teflon coating on the rotors. The M62 in the Cobalt does not have teflon on the rotors. It's more of a powder coat and doesn't flake off like the old blowers used to. It is considered abradable, meaning it's meant to 'wear in' As Eaton has tightened tolerances and used coatings the efficiency of the blowers has improved, especially at higher boost levels.

Methanol injected before the blower will speed the loss of coating but it is a small issue with the current generation of blowers. It will not clog the IC cores. It is still recommended to spray methanol after the blower using a blower spacer plate over the TB spacer plate.

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...=970&catid=143

-Zooomer, owner ZZPerformance.com; The forum's only Eaton Authorized Dealer/Rebuilder.