North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Pittsburgh Crew < You

Old 10-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy
Everyone has either a GTO or an EVO now.. lol

Anyone interested in having their car in a production in the next month? Doing a short production for my production class and need a few cars for a parking lot scene as well as two main cars for the racing scenes. Any buyers? No direct pay, but there will be food and drink floating around.

Post or PM..
Depending when it is, id be game to be an extra.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fran's really right on, most people have either moved on to different cars or people have segrigated based on where in the area they live. There might be a get together here or there, but overall there's not a whole lot as far as big group outings.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be down to be in the production. depends on when and where...
Old 10-02-2009, 10:04 AM

I'll keep you guys updated with the info as I get it. Got a few guys to help out with the crew, and a couple people to be in it. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Anyone going to Flashlight Drags at BeaveRun on October 10th? It's supposed to be their Octoberfest day or something.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM

well than why can't there be a meet before winter. He is right. I'm bored as hell too. There should be something. I know people moved on, and I may be speaking out of line cause I never was a part of the pittsburgh crew. but I'm bored!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM

I was all for planning on modified fusion at the waterfront this weekend but of course crappy western PA weather got it cancelled. I live in the butler area and we usually meet up in a parking lot every nice evening we get here. Occasionally we'll all head down to pitt and cruise around. I'll be at the flashlight drags on the 10th but if we could get a meet together somewhere that would be cool. I'll bring my crew from up here even though im the only one with a cobalt. ha
Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM

Well no disrespect to the og's triple og's lol but i can understand some movin on to different things and all but why cant we try to put sumthing together???

minus "that guy" that always throws a fart can on and thinks there car goes fast... when i think of a meet i think of just shootin the **** and just chillin, none of that high school bull of whos car goes faster or who has the bigger folgers coffee can and all that good garbage... (that feels better... lol)
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by boomhauers_07G5
Well no disrespect to the og's triple og's lol but i can understand some movin on to different things and all but why cant we try to put sumthing together???

minus "that guy" that always throws a fart can on and thinks there car goes fast... when i think of a meet i think of just shootin the **** and just chillin, none of that high school bull of whos car goes faster or who has the bigger folgers coffee can and all that good garbage... (that feels better... lol)
I couldn't agree with you any more!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:24 PM

Pep Boys is where it's at.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:52 AM

So, considering doing the "parking lot scene" early next week. Anyone able to join me? Will need a handful of cars. If you want to be the other main car also, let me know so I can fill you in. Will be around the Robinson area. No pay, but there will be pizzas, drinks, etc. Will likely need you for an hour or so, unless you're the main car. Anyone interested?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:08 PM

was it cobalt ss night at Rich's Fright Farm last night...i saw about 4 modded balts out there in the parking lot. I didnt have my car out last night, kinda wish I woulda brought it

Last edited by bigbuzzum; 10-04-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by bigbuzzum
was it cobalt ss night at Rich's Fright Farm last night...i saw about 4 modded balts out there in the parking lot. I didnt have my car out last night, kinda wish I woulda brought it
LOL NOT where I would want to park my car. Kennywood was bad enough last night. I got my first two ******* door dings last night.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 AM

So, considering doing the "parking lot scene" early next week. Anyone able to join me? Will need a handful of cars. If you want to be the other main car also, let me know so I can fill you in. Will be around the Robinson area. No pay, but there will be pizzas, drinks, etc. Will likely need you for an hour or so, unless you're the main car. Anyone interested?
weekdays are bad for me...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
weekdays are bad for me...
No problem man. Will let you know if the dates change..
Old 10-05-2009, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by julius41282
Anyone going to Flashlight Drags at BeaveRun on October 10th? It's supposed to be their Octoberfest day or something.
Yup gonna be there...

Should be good times!!

Originally Posted by AuhsoJ007
well than why can't there be a meet before winter. He is right. I'm bored as hell too. There should be something. I know people moved on, and I may be speaking out of line cause I never was a part of the pittsburgh crew. but I'm bored!!!!
Yeah I actually had hung out with the originals from time to time...and by the time I actually bought my T/C everyone had moved on to bigger faster things.

I'm a little behind the curve on that. Oh well...I think I represent the only T/C on here from the South Hills area. (LOL with only five posts so far)

Last edited by BURGHundy T/C; 10-05-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by The Sunburst Kid
If you were not at 1 of the 2 Quaker Steak N Lube meets, you are not an original member of the Pittsburgh crew. Not being mean, its how we classified the OG's.

meh never said i was. just that we hang out every once in a while.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Hmm this would give me a reason to wash the car. Starting Wednesday I have class 8-3 in West Mifflin, but otherwise, Id be down. Kinda interested to see what your filming

But yea, Im game.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by BURGHundy T/C
Yup gonna be there...

Should be good times!!

Yeah I actually had hung out with the originals from time to time...and by the time I actually bought my T/C everyone had moved on to bigger faster things.

I'm a little behind the curve on that. Oh well...I think I represent the only T/C on here from the South Hills area. (LOL with only five posts so far)

Not the only T/C from the South Hills...I live in South Fayette/Bridgeville area. I talked to you up at North Star Chevy in Moon back in May I believe. Are you running your car at BeaveRun? I've never taken my car to a track before so I'm a bit nervous...

Anyone ever go to test-n-tune at Pittsburgh Raceway Park? I've been trying to get in contact with them for a few weeks with no luck. I wanted to know if they require a helmet and what the time the Oct./Nov. weekend test-n-tune times are?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Not the only T/C from the South Hills...I live in South Fayette/Bridgeville area. I talked to you up at North Star Chevy in Moon back in May I believe. Are you running your car at BeaveRun? I've never taken my car to a track before so I'm a bit nervous...

Anyone ever go to test-n-tune at Pittsburgh Raceway Park? I've been trying to get in contact with them for a few weeks with no luck. I wanted to know if they require a helmet and what the time the Oct./Nov. weekend test-n-tune times are?
Are either of you doing the Flat Out Day for Oktoberfest? I had thought about it, but at the time I was scheduled to run Watkins Glen at the end of the month and squirreled away all my money for that. Now the car won't be ready I may come up and poke around for fun depending on what else they've got going on.

I think for PRP they require a helmet (M rated, no need for SA) if you run under 13.99. In the past, they switch their TnT dates to Saturdays.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Are either of you doing the Flat Out Day for Oktoberfest? I had thought about it, but at the time I was scheduled to run Watkins Glen at the end of the month and squirreled away all my money for that. Now the car won't be ready I may come up and poke around for fun depending on what else they've got going on.

I think for PRP they require a helmet (M rated, no need for SA) if you run under 13.99. In the past, they switch their TnT dates to Saturdays.

I am going for Octoberfest, but I'm probably just doing the drags since I don't have a helmet yet. I hope I run faster than 13.99! I'm really hoping for low 13's, but who knows what I will run since I've never ran my car before.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 PM

No problem man. Will let you know if the dates change..
I'm down with whatever you need average...I love cool little projects like that!

I am going for Octoberfest, but I'm probably just doing the drags since I don't have a helmet yet. I hope I run faster than 13.99! I'm really hoping for low 13's, but who knows what I will run since I've never ran my car before.
I'm under the impression you can rent helmets there?! I'm planning to do the "follow the leader laps" as well as the flat out laps with an instructor. I have the pamphlet in my car and it doesn't mention anything about a flat out segment that does NOT have the instructor ride along with you. If there was a way to drive it solo...that would be even more fun.

I'm calling it now Julius...me and you grudge match at the flashlights. That way you'll have an idea of just how much quicker your modded T/C is over my stock SS. I know for sure I won't win lol.

Last edited by BURGHundy T/C; 10-05-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2009, 08:55 AM

I'm down with whatever you need average...I love cool little projects like that!
Cool dude! Will hit you up in a few days!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 AM

I'm under the impression you can rent helmets there?! I'm planning to do the "follow the leader laps" as well as the flat out laps with an instructor. I have the pamphlet in my car and it doesn't mention anything about a flat out segment that does NOT have the instructor ride along with you. If there was a way to drive it solo...that would be even more fun.
They have loaner helmets for the flat out portion. If you do flat out days with your own helmet it *HAS* to be SA rated 2000 or newer (next year will be 2005 or newer).

You MUST have an instructor ride with you until you are signed off to run solo, which takes about a dozen flat out days with an instructor. In all honesty, I've driven it both solo and with an instructor and it's actually BETTER with the instructor. It's not like a driver's ed instructor, they actually encourage you to push the limits of the car once you've shown them you're capable of handling it.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 PM

Evening people ...

Haven't posted in a while since I've kinda fell out of the circle here...

There's a chance the 150K mile SS might be getting traded in soon, so I'm putting it out there that if any of you are looking for winter wheels, I have a set of 16" Steelies with winterforce Snow tires on them. They are good enough for this winter I think.
Not sure what I want for them yet, and not even 100% I'm unloading the SS...

BUT... let me know.

Alicia! Glad to hear you're getting out on track again. I saw Melissa @ the PVGP event and realized that I've not seen you guys in a while.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pittsburgh Crew < You