North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Spring Brook Twp, Pa

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Brook Twp, Pa

So, I just got home from a week and some change in Spring Brook Twp, Pa. The family and I went up there for a wedding, and to visit friends and family, and I have to say, what a great spot for a summer home. Won't catch me dead up there during the winter, but nice summer spot. Actually thinking about buying some land to clear out and build a retirement home on.

Ok, so on to the point here. Holy Cobalt population! I saw more modded base model, SS and SS/SC models in Spring Brook, Dale(Dan?)ville, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and the surrounding townships than I've seen in 2 1/2 years in Jacksonville. Couldn't believe that such a small area with such a small (relative to here) population could have so many. Was actually pretty cool, and I was disappointed that I didn't bring my car up there (some of those roads would be KILLER to drive a car like ours on). Was also disappointed that I didn't have time to meet up with anyone that was up there. I left a couple notes on windshields, advertising the site and all, but it seemed every time I saw someone, we were in a hurry to get somewhere. Oh well, next time.

Ummm, so I guess this didn't have a point. Just wanted to post up about my trip. And if anyone reading this is from up there, speak up! Saw just about every color SS or SS/SC up there, maybe one was you. I have family there, and will be making more frequent trips up there, once I transfer to Virginia.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 PM

Good population in Virginia as well. Where you transfering to?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 PM

^ Little Creek Amphib Base in Virginia Beach. First week of December. I know there's a large population there, I've seen the Tidewater thread thats like 465 pages long.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 PM

I'm from around that area, about 30 minutes away, but I spend much time in the Scranton area. I have an Ion quad coupe, but I can also say that there are a lot of cobalts in the area. I haven't seen too many modded, but I have a few friends in the area that have ss/sc's. Hope you decide to get some land up here, I wouldn't mind haven't some more ecotecs around!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by tim.t
So, I just got home from a week and some change in Spring Brook Twp, Pa. The family and I went up there for a wedding, and to visit friends and family, and I have to say, what a great spot for a summer home. Won't catch me dead up there during the winter, but nice summer spot. Actually thinking about buying some land to clear out and build a retirement home on.

Ok, so on to the point here. Holy Cobalt population! I saw more modded base model, SS and SS/SC models in Spring Brook, Dale(Dan?)ville, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and the surrounding townships than I've seen in 2 1/2 years in Jacksonville. Couldn't believe that such a small area with such a small (relative to here) population could have so many. Was actually pretty cool, and I was disappointed that I didn't bring my car up there (some of those roads would be KILLER to drive a car like ours on). Was also disappointed that I didn't have time to meet up with anyone that was up there. I left a couple notes on windshields, advertising the site and all, but it seemed every time I saw someone, we were in a hurry to get somewhere. Oh well, next time.

Ummm, so I guess this didn't have a point. Just wanted to post up about my trip. And if anyone reading this is from up there, speak up! Saw just about every color SS or SS/SC up there, maybe one was you. I have family there, and will be making more frequent trips up there, once I transfer to Virginia.
Didn't happen to see a Silver SS/SC by any chance did ya. If so where at. I go to school in Williamsport.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by BriantheLion26
Didn't happen to see a Silver SS/SC by any chance did ya. If so where at. I go to school in Williamsport.
Yeah, actually I did. It was going through a McDonald's drive-thru on the corner of 502 and 435 in Daleville, just down the street from the Covington Volunteer Fire Company's house. I'm not really familiar with the area, my wife spent most of her life there, though.

Originally Posted by Redsaturn13
I'm from around that area, about 30 minutes away, but I spend much time in the Scranton area. I have an Ion quad coupe, but I can also say that there are a lot of cobalts in the area. I haven't seen too many modded, but I have a few friends in the area that have ss/sc's. Hope you decide to get some land up here, I wouldn't mind haven't some more ecotecs around!
The majority of the modded Cobalts I saw were up in the hills more, around Spring Brook, Daleville, Moosic, etc. But the little bit of time I spent in Scranton, I did notice a lot of Ecotecs. Looking forward to checking out the real estate market up there. Probably sometime in the next 2 years, though. I have to sell my house in Florida and complete a deployment to the Persian Gulf before I can even start looking.

Last edited by tim.t; 09-08-2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost