Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

New Rotated Trans Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
I will ask for others with the JBP header, how much is slightly closer to the firewall?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SI FTL
Fast, I threw you a PM.. Cobalt 2.4's?
working on it asap Fast can let you know....did not think they had a problem shows how isolated we are in our tiny little sc/tc universe....

Originally Posted by SI FTL
Fast, I threw you a PM.. Cobalt 2.4's?
i watched a trailblazer take out a cement barrier head one at 140 mph once in testing awesome truck driver walked away

Last edited by qwikredline; 11-15-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qwikredline
amazing. anybody can copy stuff. I wont tell you the clock, figure it out yourself, you can watercut a keyhole spacer if you want, hell you can grind the s**t out of your mount so you dont nned to , it wont matter until it breaks, and the bushings are not sold by GM as a separate part. We use a jig to replicate the job. It is always possible to jap this stuff that is the road to hell. Go ahead. and when you screw it up you can post here, and if it doesn't screw up you can give yourself a big old pat on the back...and buy a toyota.
call down buddy.first off im a flat rate tech. so i dont have that kind of money to shell out for some mounts. this would not be the first time i rotated mounts thats not that hard to figure out. all i wanted to kno is if i did that then all i would need to buy from you is that key hole spacer and how much would that cost me.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I will ask for others with the JBP header, how much is slightly closer to the firewall?
About a half inch closer. Thats 1.27cm for you

Originally Posted by uwishuhdmyecotec
call down buddy.first off im a flat rate tech. so i dont have that kind of money to shell out for some mounts. this would not be the first time i rotated mounts thats not that hard to figure out. all i wanted to kno is if i did that then all i would need to buy from you is that key hole spacer and how much would that cost me.
The key hole spacer will not be sold seperately. This is a kit, also the mounts are offset the motor is what is rotated.

Last edited by Josh@ottp; 11-15-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2008, 01:46 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by fast98

The key hole spacer will not be sold seperately. This is a kit, also the mounts are offset the motor is what is rotated.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM

would we have to revert back to the stock engine mount once installing these mounts or would my solid engine mount be just fine?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
im also a little concerned about firewall/floor clearance as i have a clear image mid length header. im not so concerned about that as i am my exhaust as i built it to sit quite high in the tunnel as it is (its all custom). this is something i can change however.

very interested, im sick of the driveline vibrations.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So is this how the stock LNF cars come stock or is applicable to them aswell? Are these stiffer than the stock bushing at all? The stock LSJ mounts were horrible and allowed TONS of movement. So yea these might help with wheel hop and axle stress but what about power transfer? The stock mounts pretty much let the engine flop around like a fish our of water will this prevent that?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:51 PM

working on it asap Fast can let you know....did not think they had a problem shows how isolated we are in our tiny little sc/tc universe....

i watched a trailblazer take out a cement barrier head one at 140 mph once in testing awesome truck driver walked away
Thanks man, He PM'd me. Yeah. My 2.4 Is horrible right now. And with building my head up in January, I'm thinking i need some more supporting mods. So, You've got at least one 2.4 that is 110% in on this.

I don't think i've had it over 85, But it has been a solid truck. I love it. Only gets driven on good days :-)
Old 11-15-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by fast98

Alrights thanks, thats all i needed to kno. ill either wait till i can afford it or figure it out myself
Old 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM

it actually moves the top of the motor away from the firewall and the bottom closer, using the axis of the mount centerline as your pivot point for calculations.... i am thinking if Pauls voodoo motor can handle it yours can as well....
Old 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good question Rob, will there be room back there???
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 PM

i m calm that doesnt mean i have to like it. I am poor like you, and it looks like I may stay that way

migod i cant resist...ready? NOTHING works with the JBP header. Rimshot There . I said it

Last edited by qwikredline; 11-15-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

it actually moves the top of the motor away from the firewall and the bottom closer, using the axis of the mount centerline as your pivot point for calculations.... i am thinking if Pauls voodoo motor can handle it yours can as well....
So if it is moving the top of the engine forward, how does it affect clearance for the blower pulley?
Right now I have the 80mm pulley on the Harrop and there is little clearance between the pulley/belt and the front upper frame rail.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RBC
So is this how the stock LNF cars come stock or is applicable to them aswell? Are these stiffer than the stock bushing at all? The stock LSJ mounts were horrible and allowed TONS of movement. So yea these might help with wheel hop and axle stress but what about power transfer? The stock mounts pretty much let the engine flop around like a fish our of water will this prevent that?
No stock lnf cars just come with different bushings. These will work on lnf's, for the lnf you would just need the stage 1 and skip the stage 2. These don't allow much movement at all way less then the lsj bushings and slightly less then the lnf. Because of them being firmer they will help with power transfer also.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 PM

So if it is moving the top of the engine forward, how does it affect clearance for the blower pulley?
Right now I have the 80mm pulley on the Harrop and there is little clearance between the pulley/belt and the front upper frame rail.
i think you should buy a smaller pulley
Old 11-15-2008, 02:14 PM

i think you should buy a smaller pulley
the Koni cars used a stock pulley thats bigger than 3.1 so unless the harrop is taller i cant see an issue, the actual movement is not a landslide here, and there is a reason beyond cost that GM didn't incorporate the idea in the LNF, their requirements for clearances are way beyond what you and i consider, things like front barrier crash movement, that is to say movement of the transaxle which is designed to go down and not straight back into the driver passenger compartment in a crash, and also GM have clearances for exhaust etc etc it all goes on for ever the criteria that have to be met.

At the end of the day they did not not do it, your fortune is that Josh at OTTP is selling the solution and it will most likely work for you with a Harrop.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:18 PM

the Koni cars used a stock pulley thats bigger than 3.1 so unless the harrop is taller i cant see an issue, the actual movement is not a landslide here, and there is a reason beyond cost that GM didn't incorporate the idea in the LNF, their requirements for clearances are way beyond what you and i consider, things like front barrier crash movement, that is to say movement of the transaxle which is designed to go down and not straight back into the driver passenger compartment in a crash, and also GM have clearances for exhaust etc etc it all goes on for ever the criteria that have to be met.

At the end of the day they did not not do it, your fortune is that Josh at OTTP is selling the solution and it will most likely work for you with a Harrop.
speaking of clearances my compressor housing still clears the firewall, not bad considering it's a t04e.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
i may have missed this , but what exactly comes with the stage 1 and 2 kit??? is stage 1 just the front mount and the rear spacer (no rear mount)??? is stage 2 the front mount, rear spacer and lnf mount insert??? is the core charge included in the price or is that over and above???
Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
you have to pay to play. money dictates how fast you go.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
you have to pay to play. money dictates how fast you go.
no one realizes that anymore, everyone wants cheap performance. in this business you get what you pay for.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:23 PM

I just want something that I know is going to work. If it does help eliminate wheel hop, and it'll work with my tvs and jbp header (no comment...) and with less vibes, I don't care if it costs a little to get it. I just want something that works.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Rent me! per hour

it will work just fine.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:47 PM

I just hate feeling I'm on the inside of a vibrator everytime I start my car. My girl said she enjoyed it at first though.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Rent me! per hour

get some subs. they like that too

Quick Reply: New Rotated Trans Mounts