Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

My 335i Top Mount Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Aside from pressure, can the stock fuel lines handle the massive amount of volume needed to supply e85 to the entire fuel system without heating the snot out of the fuel? That just seems like a ton of fuel to push through those little fuel lines.

Wow. So the port injector setup is essentially just a manifold spacer with injector ports and billet rail? Now that's pretty slick! No need to modify the manifold and you have less heat transfer to the manifold. Me likey!

What did that setup set you back and what size injectors are you using? 1000cc?
Old 11-18-2014, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JapEatr
thats pretty cool that the ecm controlled stock cluster can be used in leiu of additional instrumentation.

how do you know how much fuel you have? mileage only?
Yep that's why I'm so attracted to the JB4, besides that the owner lives 30 minutes from me is a total plus as well lol. But yea, it's a hijacked setting. When pedal is pushed above 50% it will hijack it until it is let off. Then 5 seconds after let off it will go to normal gas and temp.

As well as being able to change to 8 different maps on the fly at a push of a button while the car is on and driving etc. The JB4 is a great tuning device/tool.

Originally Posted by alerosaint
I just watched that pull and DAAAAAM P. That thing is brutal. Nice dam job bro. Im glad you seeing your dream
Hahahaha, thanks Leo! Working hard brotha!

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
Aside from pressure, can the stock fuel lines handle the massive amount of volume needed to supply e85 to the entire fuel system without heating the snot out of the fuel? That just seems like a ton of fuel to push through those little fuel lines.

Wow. So the port injector setup is essentially just a manifold spacer with injector ports and billet rail? Now that's pretty slick! No need to modify the manifold and you have less heat transfer to the manifold. Me likey!

What did that setup set you back and what size injectors are you using? 1000cc?
The lines itself are actually pretty wide to be honest. They look like -10size lines from the tank to the HPFP. They're on bundy fittings and it flows a great amount judging by the size.

We shall definitely find out tho, that is why I am a beta. I am pushing the limits of the N54 where others have only dreamed of. I have the second highest hp 335 in the world, so it's hard to tell what can and can't be done . I'm the one that will figure it out for all of us tho!

Yep, that is exactly what that is! Retain the plastic manifold, it is better for heat compared to aluminum etc. As well as just being clean, nobody can really tell I have port injection at all.

Rail and spacer kit, with injectors and AIC1 with harness everything should be around 1600$ retail. I am a vendor so I get wholesale pricing which I can't disclose of course lol.
550cc injectors from Bosch.

52lb/h 550cc Bosch Fuel Injector w/ EV6 / USCAR Connector - 0280158117

I just wish there was a way to just modify the stock HPFP to make it flow more and still retain the pressure it needs for the rail. It's literally impossible to modify. The injectors in my car are rated at 3300cc each. If that could some how be done it would be great.

Problem with spraying all this meth and port injection for fueling is that I can't NLS. The amount I am spraying is enormous. That one second can mess it all up and blow the intake manifold apart if it catches. I heard ethanol doesn't detonate as much as meth, so I shouldn't have that issue with PI and NLS. Who knows tho, it would be great to no lift with this bigger turbo.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Aye you need to get back in an lnf for a daily lol
Old 11-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastgti69
We shall definitely find out tho, that is why I am a beta. I am pushing the limits of the N54 where others have only dreamed of. I have the second highest hp 335 in the world, so it's hard to tell what can and can't be done . I'm the one that will figure it out for all of us tho!
That's awesome man . . . nice work by you and your crew! Do you ever roll thru Ventura County via the 118 or 101? We should meet up one day . . better yet, PCH from Malibu Canyon to Point Mugu and back - I gotta get me a radar detector and a GoPro . . . !
Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alerosaint
Aye you need to get back in an lnf for a daily lol
Wouldn't mind a nice 2010 again. I'm trying to find my old one with the built motor and stuff but its hard .

Originally Posted by 96S1
That's awesome man . . . nice work by you and your crew! Do you ever roll thru Ventura County via the 118 or 101? We should meet up one day . . better yet, PCH from Malibu Canyon to Point Mugu and back - I gotta get me a radar detector and a GoPro . . . !
I don't go canyoning as much as I used to before. I haven't been to a meet in a long time either. I'll probably go down to a meet soon and just cruise on a sunday. I miss those days.