Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2.4 Problems so far..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.4 Problems so far..

2006 2.4 SS / 1850 miles

Here are my problems so far.

1 -The passenger seat (cloth) is too close to the arm rest. Therefore every time you release the seatback it rubs against it and wears away the side bolster on the seat. I took it to the dealer about 2 weeks after I bought it and they "replaced the seat back" and had the seat re-upholstered. But....as soon as I got it home (it was dark when I picked it up) I noticed that the seat was still rubbing against the side. The only difference was the new upholstery (that has many creases in it). So apparently they do not check the work after repair. (Service scheduled again)

2 -Upon delivery I noticed a deep scratch on the deck lid. Took it back to the dealer the next morning and they took it in back and "rubbed it out". When they gave it back to me(night again) it looked ok. When I saw the car in the sunlight...the scratch was still there. So I had to go back so they could repaint the deck lid. This took 4 days.

3 -The coolant temperature gage reads " --- " often for no apparent reason. (Service scheduled)

4 -The car is a manual. When I am coasting in neutral, it slows down very quickly...especially when turning. Seems like the parking brake may be sticking a bit. (Service scheduled).

That's all I have so far. I know there are problems and things that need to be "tweaked" on a new car. My only problem is the lack of attention that my dealer has. JAY CHEVROLET / MILFORD, MI They thought the problem with the seat would be fixed with a new seat back. They obviously never checked to see if it actually solved the problem, same with their "rubbed out" scratch repair .....UGGGHHH!

Does anyone else have this problem with the passenger seat????