Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2006 2.4L Break Problems.... Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 2.4L Break Problems.... Need help!

Alright, so my abs light came on a while back, I had virtually no symptoms so I didn't feel like there was a huge need to get it checked out.

As time progressed, I started to feel like my rear brakes were kind of sticking on... I could feel a bit of a drag and a lack in acceleration...

So the first snow fall of the year comes, and it feels like I'm getting stuck in everything... my drive way is fully cleared of snow, and I can barely make it up...

So to top it off, I go to park... pull up my e-brake and nothing happens, its as if the cable snapped..

So I take it in... they said the cable disconnected from the lever somehow, so they reconnect it and everything is good...

The next day same thing... e-brake lever feels non existent again... along with the feeling of the rear wheels locking up.

I go back to the shop and they tell me they want to change my lever, but I told them that I didn't think the lever was the problem.
The mechanic got in my car... drove backwards for approx 2 feet then forward 2 feet and came to the conclusion my breaks weren't locking up.

....So I just left.... I am very certain there is a cause to the cable coming off the lever and not just a faulty lever... but the mechanic doesn't seem to think so... but then again he also tells me that my rear wheels aren't locking up when I know they are.

But anyways... has this happened to someone? Or does anyone out there know of a possible solution to this problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well if you can do it, look yourself. Maybe the slide pins need some grease.