Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

5th gear and strange idle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5th gear and strange idle.

I was going to a friend's house this afternoon and was at a stop sign waiting for a train of bikers to go by. Sat for maybe 5 min then took off down this straight away, accelerated kinda hard but not WOT or nothing. When I put it in 5th the car started jumping bad like if a noob took off in 4th or something. A really bad jerking that was worse when i tried to accelerate. when I put it in 4th it stopped but when I put it back in 5th it did it again. So I babied it in 4th cause I was about a mile from my friend's house. I got a CEL that came on for maybe 5 sec then went back off. When I got to the next stop sign the idle was going crazy dropping to about 250 RPM then surging back to 1200 or so. the boost gauge was also jumping around. I pulled into my friend's driveway and shut it off for a bit. His sisters BF happens to be a mechanic and had an OBDII reader in his truck, so we checked it but it showed no codes. Started it back up and test drove it and it has ran fine since. I have somewhat of an airbox mod on my car, but its the stock filter. It has been really dusty around here lately so I'm guessing some dust got on the MAF sensor or something? I am going to change filters tonight and keep an eye on it but everything seems to be fine. What I find really weird as when it was doing this I could rev the car up and there was no power loss the only thing was the weird idle and the 5th gear jerk. Has this happened to anybody else? Should I have the dealer look at it? I think now I'm gonna break down and get the AEM Intake kit and quit dicking around with this little airbox mod ****.

Last edited by jtg_blk07ss; 08-18-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: edited for shitty grammer and spelling lol