Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Fuel Ran Brake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
What a great read, lol. I'm with army Greywolf though. Everything he has said makes sense after thinking hard about it, lol. Good luck man and hopefully it's all settled by now

I have alot of experience with freakish bugs. By far Caterpillar takes the cake as the buggiest computer controlled engine out there. I've seen codes displayed backwards, codes that don't exist and preventative maintenance messages telling the operator the brake fluid is low...when they are AIR OPERATED. That's not to say Hyster forklifts are any better...with codes like 121455-18 with no indication what it pertains to in the service manual (what I'm currently trying to figure out...on a SUNDAY)
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 AM

lots of work done on your ride. just wondering, were they checking the color of the injectors to see if you were spraying, or adding some fuel additives?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G5GtTurboCharged
Bump so people can see results!
And props to YOU for not letting paranoia set in, going ballastic and badmouthing the car and GM for reasons that, obviously, only existed for a split second then went away and were totally unexplainable. It appears that YOU, GM, Chevy in particular, and your dealer did all the right things. Lessons should be learned through this exercise. Enjoy your new car.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What dealership did you go to? I want to take my car there if theres problems.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM

LOL that'll be a loong drive!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gyrocon
lots of work done on your ride. just wondering, were they checking the color of the injectors to see if you were spraying, or adding some fuel additives?
hmm, most probably, however, at this point, I can only assume GM was trying to find any reason whatsoever to figure out what was causing the problem. it came to the point where when the tech first drove my car, and pulled my handbrake, and it wasn't set to "his" standards, he did miracle work, and now with just 1 crank, the car stops :P If it wasn't right, change it I think they were hoping I was spraying so they can say, boom, theres the problem

Originally Posted by buellfooll
And props to YOU for not letting paranoia set in, going ballastic and badmouthing the car and GM for reasons that, obviously, only existed for a split second then went away and were totally unexplainable. It appears that YOU, GM, Chevy in particular, and your dealer did all the right things. Lessons should be learned through this exercise. Enjoy your new car.

Well, I did have my moments, but I left those off the computer. After 6 weeks of being without the car, I didn't want it anymore, it was deemed unsafe in my eyes. But GM took an extra 2 weeks of driving my car around, even off shifts, to make sure the car was fine. The Tech was picking up his 5 year old daughter from preschool for a week, at that point, paranoia went away. For future reference for everyone to know, if your car ***** up, take a picture or take a video. Without my picture proof, guaranteed GM wouldn't have taken this seriously.

Originally Posted by insylem
What dealership did you go to? I want to take my car there if theres problems.

Parkway Pontiac Buick GMC,
9595 Route Trans-Canadienne
St-Laurent, QC, H4S IT6

www.parkway.ca

Originally Posted by Gravey
LOL that'll be a loong drive!!!
**** it, come and we'll get a bunch of 4 Liter Pitchers my friend!