Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

P0171 after zzp stage 3 kit instal.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I apologize for last post, i am irritated at this car!!!! I can't stand having issues with any of my cars. I am trying to figure out the LSJ stuff. I drove the car for two days and no code but it cane back lastnight on way to work. I was told to look at the LTF and short term, well at idle long and short stay about the same 0000, 1.8 -1.8, at cruise long terms are around 14.8 and drops to 6.8 ish. Short terms are jumping around. I am still trying to figure out if I have a vacuum leak. My fuel pressure is 45 @ prime and will hold, running it goes to 58-60, then drops to 50 once car is off. After about 10 min pressuer drops to 45. This kinda boggles my mind it will hold prime psi for over 15 min but once i shut it off it will drop. I guess I should have waited to see if it would have dropped past 45.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:01 PM

Anybody that is watching this thread, I data logged it today and sent it to zzp (Tim), he adjusted fuel trims and tweeked it a bit. The Long terms seem allot better for now. I will be driving to Fl in am and hoping fir the best. I have a stupid question though can I download HP tuners with out oaying for it to look at tunes?
Old 10-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean Cummings
Anybody that is watching this thread, I data logged it today and sent it to zzp (Tim), he adjusted fuel trims and tweeked it a bit. The Long terms seem allot better for now. I will be driving to Fl in am and hoping fir the best. I have a stupid question though can I download HP tuners with out oaying for it to look at tunes?
Good to hear... Zzp has always taken care of me.

You have to buy the hpt cable. You can data log with it but cAnt change the tune unless you unlock your vin via credits. I'm assuming you already have hpt or your friend does since you already data logged something. So I don't understand you question?
Old 10-02-2015, 06:33 PM

Question is my buddy has HP tuners and is the one that did the data log and tune for me. I am just curious cause I would like to compare all three tunes for learning reasons. I paid him for the credits so he could install the tune. Just wanting to look at tunes to see how they are diff
Old 10-02-2015, 08:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Question is my buddy has HP tuners and is the one that did the data log and tune for me. I am just curious cause I would like to compare all three tunes for learning reasons. I paid him for the credits so he could install the tune. Just wanting to look at tunes to see how they are diff
Gotcha... Yea you're all set bud. You only pay once to unlock your vin and can tune/retune as much as you want.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:51 PM

Well new problem I posted this in the tuning section also.

Ok as some of you may have seen I was having a lean condition at cruise, well Tim at Zzp adjusted the tune off of my data log and now the car is getting code p02135, and power reduced.... Had car reflashed drove it home had no issues other then idle was a little erratic very minor, anyways let it sit for couple hours then tried to take it out and as soon as I started to let the clutch out the engine light came on and reduced power. I thought maybe it was a bad flash so I had my buddy reflash and that fixed it for the 30 min drive I took after, but after and hour of sitting it came back on as soon as I let the clutch out!!!!!! I checked battery volts and it was @ 12.6 so not thinking that is it. Is there any modifications that could have been adjusted in this new tune that would cause this???? I was supose to be taking this damn thing to Fl in am for out family vacation well that isnt going to happen now...... I am so ready to push this thing off a cliff!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:55 PM

This crap is making no since to me.... Left battery disconnected while I was out of town for 4 days, came home hooked up battery and code was still there. Cleared with my scanner and didnt come back so I drove it with no issues, let car sit for an hour light and code came back and wont clear, well it will clear but comes rait back once clutch is completly out trying to move fwd. this makes no since!!!!!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check your TPS sensor. You may have a voltage issue, Loose connection.

P2135 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch "a"/"b" voltage correlation.
Car will throw a mil light if the voltage exceeds 4.65 volts for more than .4 seconds. I have heard it can be caused by a low battery. Could also trip from ignition voltage exceeding 5.23 volts.

Also, check the wiring to the Pedal itself. ( this is where most have found the problem. )

I am no mechanic, but I can troubleshoot very well.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:21 AM

I did do all you advised, that was part of my trouble shooting also, looks like both issues are resolved. The 2135 seemed to have been a dirty TB. I will know for sure in about and hour when I drive it home from work. Worked well on way to work.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have anyway to log, but the light came back on this morning, stayed off yesterday. I did look at the LT and it would go -3.8 then back to 3.8 and of course it changed every few mins. I will see if my buddy that has HP tuners can log it for me. Does anyone know if it costs to do a log with HP tuners. He said he would buy the license but it cost two credits and he is just starting to play with his tune for his Camaro so not real comfy with paying for it when we bot have no clue. So you are thinking since it is a randome code that it is from the air intake
I picked up a BAFX Bluetooth OBD II code reader / scanner off Amazon for around $22. I have an Android and use two different apps that work together with one another. The first app is Torque. You need Torque Pro (around 2.99 in the play store) to use the second app called Realtime Charts (around 3.99 in the play store). Realtime Charts can be custom tailored to monitor and record up to 10 sensors set by the user for the duration of the drive. It can also be set up to auto record every time you get within range of the code reader / scanner. IMO, probably the best $29 I spent on this car. Something else great about this combination is that you can take it from vehicle to vehicle to vehicle, it' not specific to the car you purchased it to use it in and doesn' require purchasing additional software. I've used it in my 2012 Toyota Sienna on vacation to prove to my wife that she has a lead foot, diagnosed a bad O2 sensor in my buddy's F150, and used it in my son's Silverado to diagnose a bad fuel filler cap. Like I said, $29 well spent in my opinion.