Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

P0236 nightmare

Old 04-13-2019, 03:55 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
P0236 nightmare

I've been trying tho fix p0236 for 3 months now . I've been researching on this site & internet religiously & really haven't found any fix yet. It's a 2008 LNF. 3 months ago when i bought the car it was completely stock with no problems or codes. I decided to clean the intake valves with gm top engine cleaner which came out great by the way. Directly after cleaning n intake valves i installed ZZP 1.0 pcm, 3 bar sensors with plug in pig tails, ZZP 400 cell catted down pipe, & ZZP intake tube. So directly after the relearn i started it up & was only boosting 5 pounds. Didn't know why. Drove home & then car was fully boosting 25 pounds . park car fur the night. Next day reduced engine power mode again! So i do a boost leak test after turbo & plugged before throttle body. Had leak in intercooler on bottom right with small crack on end tank( i bought it this way peevious owner got caught on parking block & ripped off condensate tray). Lower charge pipe had leak @ joint. I epoxied the intercooler which is holding fantastically 25 pounds closed system.i replaced lower charge pipe with a ZZP one with the tmap relocate. No more leaks! Still p0236. Bought new pig tails upper & lower & new 3 bar sensors. Still p0236. I installed a new waste gate Boost solenoid, new bypass valve solenoid. Still p0236. Replaced all vacuum hoses & put worm clamps on them. Changed pcv breather hose( had a small leak in the check). Still no solution. I was also getting P0106 until i changed out the lower charge b pipe. That has bit chime back. Just can't *** p0236. Every morning i start the car it's in limp mode. Through out my daily journeys the code clears itself & drives great. I don't have intermittent boost anymore since solenoids & charge pipe swap. So basically i just clear the code & the car drives great. Idles perfect. My freeze frame data says no knock. P0236 doesn't occur while I'm driving ever. It's only when i turn the car off & let it sit. I have no drivability issues besides limp mode which when i clear there's no problems. ***** driving me crazy: I've cleaned the throttle body very delicately as well.i did notice better throttle response. I never had this problem until after cleaning intake valves & upgrades. I changed my oil yesterday & it was really black for 3000 miles. Probably from driving really rich in reduced engine power mode for 3 months. Wasn't missing any oil though. Only thing left uncovered really is a short to ground somewhere. I don't know much about electrical but i am reading all the time. Any help on this matter would be awesome. I'm so burnt out on this one. I have continuity on all 3 wires going from intake manifold map sensor pigtail to pcm harness. It seems that i only get the code when car is off in the on position. Doesn't happen while driving
Old 04-14-2019, 10:00 PM

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
I chased my p0236 code for a while and it connection the lower maf Sensor in the charge pipe, my charge pipe has it in a hard to reach spot and the connection was strained
Old 04-14-2019, 11:41 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ok. Umm are you speaking of lower map or maf. I have the stock bpv & use the block off plate. I have the map relocated under the throttle body on my zzp cold side charge pipe.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:42 AM

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
I believe it’s actually the lower map sensor, the way the connection was run it strained the connection. My charge pipes are CIA and it’s not the greatest