Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Pleaseeeee help with serious clutch issue!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pleaseeeee help with serious clutch issue!!

Ok guys... Got a 05 ss/sc, car has apx 81xxx on it, about 2 months back I purchased gmpp clutch kit for lsj from crate engine, also got shocks struts, mounts, throwout bearing, clutch alignment tool.... Installed all parts, along with new flywheel, could NOT get a pedal no matter how much we bled, did a little research on here figured it was master cylinder, replaced master also. Here's where it gets crazy, had the car in the road driving great! For about a week, haha, got hit in a parking spot! Went to body shop car was gone 22 days, put 487 miles on it before it went to shop with NO issues!!! Got it back from the shop last week, put about 50 miles on it... Went to leave work mon night, no pedal?!?!? Wtf?!? Took it back to where we did the clutch, put ANOTHER new master on, bled the $!ck out it, car went into gear fine, drive home 38 miles from my boys house, get up this morn to go to work... Pedal to the floor!!! Fml!!!!! Pumped it apx 5-7 times, went into gear drive to work fine... Wtf is going on here?!?!? Are we missing something??? Still air in the system?? What else could possibly cause this??? ANY help would be more appreciated than I can say! Thank you in advanced for anyone who responds, ready to blow this thing up and buy a subura or something non American lmao
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 AM

Possible bad slave or a hydraulic leak in bell housing
Old 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
sadly, idk, in for answers as im about to do the same exact upgrade kit you are. was it professionally installed?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 AM

Not "professionally" but my boy has been wrenching for 13 yrs he just never got certified, so close enough, we've both done clutches before that's the kicker haha. And as far as leak in slave or bell housing... As far as I've read fluid would be dripping from bottom of bell housing seal, everything is bone dry and I have not lost a DROP of fluid through all this... So would overly aerated fluid cause this possibly?? Hoping someone can chime in that has experienced this issue :/ thanks for the responses guys much appreciated!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Where the hell is "Chevy customer service" on this one?!?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Banned

^Give it time lol you just posted this a few hours ago. As for your problem, if it's not the slave and it's doubtful that the master really **** out this many times, is there any way the clutch rod could not be going where it is supposed to all the time?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by balla420
Where the hell is "Chevy customer service" on this one?!?
6:00 AM dude.

And you didn't buy the parts from a dealer or have a dealer install them. What do you expect her to be able to do for you?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Sounds like its probably the distribution block above the clutch pipe behind the oil cooler is not properly installed and while clipped is only sealing partially.

re do. Its a pita to get to, remove fuse box entirely. Go from there. Buy new distribution block is easiest. Make sure you dont have two seals jammed in there, and put the hairpin clip in properly. Good luck
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM

I'm curious as well. My bf is having just about the same issues as you have had.. we've been trying to figure out the issue.

He put a LSD transmission and new throw out bearing, clutch looked good from visual inspection. Can't shift.

Master cylinder was replaced and it worked fine for about a week and then crapped out again.

We've bled it a million times... manually and vacuum
Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 AM

Crate engine is gmpp first off so they are dealer parts, of you want to run your mouth do it on someone else's thread, it's a simple ? Not looking to hear your opinion. Thought about that block but as previously stated there is NO loss of fluid, NO leak at all whatsoever, every single piece is dry as a bone, wondering of all the pumping to get into gear aerated the fluid maybe?? The aeration then turns into bubbles?? Not sure of that's possible but in running out of ideas here
Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Crate engine is gmpp first off so they are dealer parts, of you want to run your mouth do it on someone else's thread, it's a simple ? Not looking to hear your opinion. Thought about that block but as previously stated there is NO loss of fluid, NO leak at all whatsoever, every single piece is dry as a bone, wondering of all the pumping to get into gear aerated the fluid maybe?? The aeration then turns into bubbles?? Not sure of that's possible but in running out of ideas here
the nature of the sealing in the distribution block and the positioning of the hairpin clip makes it possible for it to semi seal, not leak much if at all and still allow air in and make the pedal funky. Thats my experience. Sorry you dont want opinions, good luck with your problem.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Thanks Powell! I'm gonna let my bf know about what you said and see if we can look into that on his car this weekend.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
o ring on the clutch pipe has always been the culprit on previous installs
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Very interesting hypothesis, not trying to be a dick here but crate engine is gmpp directly... Had over 65 yrs of mechanical exp install everything, not like it was done by some random monkies, idk if that is the problem but it's def one of the very few things we have NOT checked, mainly because of NO fluid loss, is it at all possible for that to leak and never lose a drop of fluid? From what I understand anything that leaks will leave some spots around the bottom of the bell housing, and drop the fluid level, EXCEPT the master cylinder which can leak internally, not sure if I am correct on this or not, just what I've read from my recent reaearch, and the clutch pipe is DEF sealed, pulled the trans out a third time just to check that and the slave/ throwout, every piece is brand new at this point with the exception of the dist block
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned

Why did you even make this thread if you're gonna be pissy every time someone makes a suggestion? If you don't want people's opinions of what could be wrong, don't ask and figure it out on your own.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bluebalt07
Why did you even make this thread if you're gonna be pissy every time someone makes a suggestion? If you don't want people's opinions of what could be wrong, don't ask and figure it out on your own.
I agree. Let us know how it all works out for you if you want. meh
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
I agree. Let us know how it all works out for you if you want. meh
No no no.... Soooo sorry guys, not trying to say I don't want opinions on the problem, just irrates me when people say stuff like... Well it wasn't dealer parts or dealer installed sooo... Ya know what I'm saying lol?? It wasn't trying to be rude or disrespect anyone and that comment was strictly to that guy, shoulda quoted that... My bad, very sorry for sounding like a jackass :/... As far as the car goes, dropped it off to a local trans shop, he said he guarantees hell know what it is by noon tom... I will repost and let everyone know so it's on the forum for future reference! Sorry again for coming off as a dick guys!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No no no.... Soooo sorry guys, not trying to say I don't want opinions on the problem, just irrates me when people say stuff like... Well it wasn't dealer parts or dealer installed sooo... Ya know what I'm saying lol?? It wasn't trying to be rude or disrespect anyone and that comment was strictly to that guy, shoulda quoted that... My bad, very sorry for sounding like a jackass :/... As far as the car goes, dropped it off to a local trans shop, he said he guarantees hell know what it is by noon tom... I will repost and let everyone know so it's on the forum for future reference! Sorry again for coming off as a dick guys!
Why did it irritate you when I questioned why you called out Sarah at 6:00 AM like that?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 PM

Powell & Vaughn, thanx for the input. Ill pull my dist block off and take a look this weekend, I have about a half dozen extra blocks, pins, and grommets.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 PM

Update!! Took it to a local trans shop, USA trans, if your from Michigan I strongly recommend these guys! Diagnosed free of charge! They said it is just barely leaking, not enough to lose fluid but enough to lose pressure, the leak is coming from the hydraulic clutch line that runs from master down to clutch dist block on top of hell housing, $80 hose!!!! Wtf?!? Haha, dealer only part, ordered today, be in tues-thurs this week, I'll update again if this solves the problem! Thanks soooo much for all the help and ideas guys, really do appreciate it!!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM

Let us all know
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM

Well..... Got the hose and installed, got nothing now, no pedal, bleed and bleed can't get a Fing pedal, ready to light the gas tank on fire and walk away, idk wtf else could cause this, had it to 3 trans shops idk anymore, can not get good pedal no matter what, not losing a single tiny drop of fluid
Old 05-01-2012, 03:32 AM

your in Michigan? take it to ZZP and see if they can help you