Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Water On MAF help guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Water On MAF help guys

pouring in va right now anyways i was on a two lane ran and up ahead there was a pretty good size puddle near the side of the road well there was a tractor trailer beside me and i had to go through it. Went through it im like ok everythings ok. come to the light to turn into my developement and bood reduce power sounds like an sti at idle, CEL on so i turn the car off coast into the gas station and scan the codes with my aeroforce gauge. Ive hit reduce power before and let her sit for two minutes start it and fine so, I reset the codes started driving seemed ok. Well when she started going from vacuum into boost she started missing im like ok maybe a little water got on the MAF and it just freaked it out. Well the scary thing is my AEM wideband wasnt reading **** while driving only when i let the car idle would it read now shes not going into boost without falling on her face. I really hope i didnt fry the maf sensor i do have the K&N Typhoon but have the hydro shield ect. Any ideas i figured ill let her sit tonite and she how she acts tommorrow

Last edited by zrated89; 09-25-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: accidental double post
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you need to take off your intake and clean your maf
it can take water, but its probably dirty, so your reading less air.
its happened to me before, it blows but really, just go in there and clean up the MAF and youll be good to go
Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 PM

yeah i noticed a couple of times when i was at the track running my boys boosted civic at almost rev limit it would hiccup like have a dead miss i did it a couple of times and i tought it was my gap on my ngks running like 0.032 ill try that in the morning im a tech and figured the MAF should be ok with a little water may havefreaked it out though. but when i took my front end off and did my cobra i checked my MAF to make sure iit was clean and it was i dunno. I always correctly oil my filter and let it sit ill have to checkit though

lately shes been feeeling a little sluggish

Last edited by zrated89; 09-25-2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 AM

update guys this morning i went out and started her up to see howd she run and she didnt even wanna stay running. i cut her off first thing i did was take my intake off the throttle body to make sure no water made it up there and was possibly hydro locking the motor. Good at the throttle body no water. So mind you im in my driveway not my shop so i took the headlamp assembly out to acces the MAF. I look down in the bottom of the fender liner and theres a good 1/8 of an inch of water that my k&N is just sitting in. So I take the MAF out and i can see water beads on the resistor wires. You techs out there now that you MAF wire gets hot and the way it takes its reading for air is how much air it takes to cool the wire. So With water making it to the MAF i sure she didnt know what the hell to do. Right now i got my Air filter and my MAF inside in front of my fan drying out. Ima go down and grab some MAF cleaner and clean her out some. I really hope the sensor didnt get fucked up!