South Central TX, OK, AR, and LA

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new guy

hey fellow texans and such... im new here and i live in a little town in texas called Fairfield its right in the middle of dallas and houston on interstate 45 and was wondering where you all meet weekly i'm willing to drive to either dallas or houston... but if theres a closer meet that would be better i don't have any mods on my car yet seeming how i just bought it... and im looking for some info on some tunes i drive a 2007 cobalt ls its sunburst orange pearl, automatic, and has the 2.2l.... nice to meet you all
Old 04-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

tunes as in songs or tunes as in for your cars computer to increase performance , as far as i know there isnt any tuning out for the 2.2 other than piggy backing it with a smg6 or somthing like that i dunno , sorry i cant be more help i dont own that car

sorry if my post looks confusing , you have to piggy back the 2.2 BUT i dont know the name of mod to buy , its like smg 6

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 04-06-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
tunes as in songs or tunes as in for your cars computer to increase performance , as far as i know there isnt any tuning out for the 2.2 other than piggy backing it with a smg6 or somthing like that i dunno , sorry i cant be more help i dont own that car

sorry if my post looks confusing , you have to piggy back the 2.2 BUT i dont know the name of mod to buy , its like smg 6
well i'm not sure if its gonan work but i was gonna try a ls-ss conversion basically turn my ls into a ss supercharged not sure if its possible but i think its worth a shot
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xcobaltlsx
well i'm not sure if its gonan work but i was gonna try a ls-ss conversion basically turn my ls into a ss supercharged not sure if its possible but i think its worth a shot
well its worth a shot i guess , if you ever want some ss/sc seats let me know or the wing , the 2.2 is a good motor ,the only thing is , is that there isnt any tuning so its a setback , some of the guys on here were running an alpine turbo kit , but one guy blew his motor

always remember there are MANY MANY things different between the ls and the ss/sc

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 04-06-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2007, 09:23 PM

well i dont pan on blowing it i have a brother who has a acura integra thats turbo'd and stuff so hes kinda guiding me along... if i have to do a motor swap then i will but other than that ima try and tune this 2.2... hopefully it all works out... right now its all stock i have a cold air intake coming in im do all the body work and wheels later right now im all about the motor.... have any idea on exhausts.... i saw a gm cat back but listened to a video on it and it sounded weak i want something that kinda growls deep
Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

first you need to set a goal , dont buy a 2.5 in exhaust if oyu plan on going turbo , bc then your gonna need a different exhaust therefore wasting money , you can save thousands of dollars if you just pick what you want to do and stay with it. so in my opinion dont buy exhaust think about if your gonna swap the motor or not
Old 04-06-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
the 07 models dont suffer from the tuning issues that the 05 and 06 do, it uses a different pcm which is much more suited to tuning. i dont think there are any tunes out for it yet, but with the pcm it has hp tuners will definitely support it. id suggest focusing on suspension mods at first to prep the car for the future power upgrade. gtg in the dallas area are sporatic at best theres one tommorow in grapevine, and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 PM

well ill probably tune the 2.2 for awhile cause its gonan tak eme awhile on the motor swa if it happens.... and ive been looking around for turbos on the net and i havent found any yet... right now looking just for smal things to add on... hince the car club im trying to join requires three things done to your car.... the big stuff will come next year whent eh income tax comes in....unless i manage to squeeze it in this year

Originally Posted by bluebaltjim
the 07 models dont suffer from the tuning issues that the 05 and 06 do, it uses a different pcm which is much more suited to tuning. i dont think there are any tunes out for it yet, but with the pcm it has hp tuners will definitely support it. id suggest focusing on suspension mods at first to prep the car for the future power upgrade. gtg in the dallas area are sporatic at best theres one tommorow in grapevine, and welcome to the forum.
wont make it tomorrow... in louisiana visint family at the moment.

Last edited by xcobaltlsx; 04-06-2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost