South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Nm Balts

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, guys, just got my car back from the dealership! Did you know that No Lift Shift DOESN'T EXIST!?

OMG, I had NO idea that GM never made any such thing. ******* peice of **** ******* Reliable chevy. Retarded ******* noobs can't even research properly. I'm going to dig up EVERYTHING I can on the NLS, print it, go back to Reliable and throw it in the service managers face and tell him I don't like being treated like im ******* retarded. I am SOOOOO pissed off right now.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Nal

dude I did tell you about them letting me test drive a sweet ass '08 SC, with TC wheels and a lnf instead of the lsj, that looked just like your car, right? , they are ******* idiots in that dealer take it to galles, I think a buddy of mine I used to ride cruisers with still works there, I try to contact him, if you want
Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Probably will. Will wait and see what the service manager says after I go in tomorrow with as many articles of the NLS as I can.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 PM

yeah every chevy dealer in alb sucks ass. i got my car from galles..first had signed papers for a black one from phoenix a vin # and everything. dealer trade never went through i was livid. then went down to casa and they laughed at me and said i could not afford that car. was even more pissed and then went to reliable and they didnt know **** about the car and only had an orange one that i was not interested in. finally galles got my blue on in and i took it. sales manager was a dick though
Old 06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Nal

was it a brit guy?, or someone with a similar accent?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM

i dont think so hispanic guy if i remember correctly. it was about 4 years ago
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM

dvs, I got you beat! I signed for THREE different cobalts before I got mine on the third signing. I talked to Reliable first and they knew nothing of it. then went to Casa and they tried to sell me a sport model for the SAME price as the SS. Went to Santa Fe Chevy. They had one on the way from the manufacturer and they had it marked up 5k. General manager came out and knew me from previous problems and was like '****, youre back with more problems?' I was all 'nah, im interested in the 08 Cobalt SS. He walked over to his sales manager, they talked and the sales manager came over to me.

"I've been instructed to not only give it to you at MSRP, but also to give you the 10% employee pricing" So i signed papers there and then. They called a week later "We have bad news on your CObalt SS. It's fallen off the truck and we're currently looking for another for you." They found one in Denver and the dealer trade didnt go through. Then they found one in pheonix and flew me out so I could drive it back. I knew I shoulda just taken it to Santa Fe Chevy to begin with -_-
Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Nal

I had a dude with an accent be really pushy at galles, so I was like sure, I'll bring my wife in, and never went back, lol, told the mini pimp sales person (he actually looked like katt williams, lol, I saw him walk my way and I chukkled a bit when the hustling song popped in my mind) that I was gonna get the sedan from casa instead
Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM

every day im hustling every day im hustling(as he is flipping burgers) that was f'ing great when i saw katt williams do that ****....i saw that same guy... trying to sell me the car when i was waiting for them to bring my car to the front when i got the clutch bled. that guy was funny trying to act like he know about the car then i took over for him and told him what he was wrong on

i F'ING hate dealerships!!!

Last edited by dvscobaltSS; 06-01-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM

The guys on the general pop page have given me links and stuff to show the stealership. My 08 came with an 07 manual so I'm going to try and get a new one. There's a page with scanned pages of the manual showing the NLS AND the Comp mode that i've got saved and will print out later.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 PM

nice teach those morons a few things about the job they have. i hate when they just try and talk you into a car and think you havent done your research about it.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 PM

Last time i threw a fit in a dealership I got a brand new car for cheap. Maybe wet dreams will occur and i'll get them to pay for a stage1 kit? >.>
Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dvscobaltSS
nice teach those morons a few things about the job they have. i hate when they just try and talk you into a car and think you havent done your research about it.
i got a good one lol. So i go to the service dept today to talk to them about my door jam scratches from the weather stripping sliding and ****. and im standing at my car and this sales "women" comes up to me and asks me how i like my car and I replied I love it haha. She then proceeds to ask me if its a Six speed lmfao. I just looked her blankly and said no its a five speed. These dealers should seriously start educating there sales reps....
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 AM

Yeah, no ****. It Stupid sales people shouldn't belong selling cars. Granted most people actually research cars theyre gonna buy. They don't just go in and gander about...granted there are a TON of stupid people out there...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by raynrishad
Hey, guys, just got my car back from the dealership! Did you know that No Lift Shift DOESN'T EXIST!?

OMG, I had NO idea that GM never made any such thing. ******* peice of **** ******* Reliable chevy. Retarded ******* noobs can't even research properly. I'm going to dig up EVERYTHING I can on the NLS, print it, go back to Reliable and throw it in the service managers face and tell him I don't like being treated like im ******* retarded. I am SOOOOO pissed off right now.
I know it's a long way to go, but Kathy Armstrong at Bravo Chevrolet in Las Cruces is the only service writer I will deal with. She knows her **** and if she doesn't she admits it and finds out. I took my car down there the other day to have the flex coupling at the turbo looked at (was flexing A LOT around the clamp, so bad that I was afraid it was gonna tear). The tech that she had look at it was like, "Damn, that sounds like **** Bro. That clicking sound is wrong. Why are the injectors so loud?" I had to stand there and educate him. When I went in to make the appointment with Kathy, I told her that I didn't want that guy touching my car. She laughed and said that was the last time she would ever send him out to look at anything with a turbo. She had her best tech. check out my car. He didn't like the look of it and called tech assist (the engineers at the factory). They said it was normal. Kathy called the engineers. Then she had the Service Manager call the engineers and had them open a case file on it so if there are any problems (even after the warranty) I am covered. Kathy is awesome.

Sorry for the book guys but I believe in supporting someone in the industry who does right by their customers.

Last edited by rebelss; 06-02-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
mind you the service manager himself at bravo is very much a doucebag. did you ever meet shawn before he quit a few years back?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
thats worse than clovis, what are you doing there?
working my ass off so i can move from this hole in the dirt
Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM

Yeah, the service writer said they dug around everywhere for info on the NLS, TSB's, Internet, etc... and STILL they couldn't find anything. lamers -_- Yeah... Cruces IS a bit of a drive >.<
Old 06-02-2009, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by DomDiggity
working my ass off so i can move from this hole in the dirt
You coming to the track on the 19th dom
Old 06-02-2009, 02:33 AM
Nal

I'm gonna try to contact the dude tomorrow, I have'nt talked to him in awhile so don't know if he still working there, but if he is I tell him about your situation, to see what he advises, he was a service writer I think
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 AM

Ha ha he started a thread about the idiots at the dealership...that's awesome
Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM

i met the coolest salesmen ever here in Clovis about a year ago.

they had just gotten an sc on the lot and I was just curious so I stopped by and asked the guy a couple questions. after like 2 questions he stopped me and said

"**** bro, you sound like you know far more about this car than I do. Will you tell me about it and let me take notes? I will give you the keys and pretend we are going on a test drive so we are not botherd by any other salesmen."

it was awesome lol
Old 06-02-2009, 04:19 PM

ha ha nice
Old 06-02-2009, 07:03 PM

wow, people post like crzy on this thread, i can barely catch up
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by fakameanrepresent
wow, people post like crzy on this thread, i can barely catch up
I have no life >.>

So, anyway... Just got back from the stealership. Showed all the reviews to them AND the SI code. And they were baffled. They couldn't figure out WHY GM would do such a thing. Went for a cruise with the tech I drove, ground my gears. He drove ground the gears and got it to NLS. He thinks it's just my timing and that I should, "Go practice at the track, where it's legal. But you didn't hear me say that." They said that if the synchroids or gear start to wear down that warrenty will cover it. BUT if I crack my bellhousing like that TSB states, GM won't pay a dime on it. SOOO.... I'll just work on my shifting a bit more than I already do.

Quick Reply: Nm Balts