South Pacific CA, NV, and HI

Suggestions on fix it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunburst_07_ss
ok so I'm going to play the helpless female card on this one.. i bought my car brand new in 07 its the 2.4 L ss and got pulled over today for window tint violation. The tint on my car came stock. The limit in Indiana is 30% my tint is 23%.... but why the hell would GM put illegal tint on cars since my research is showing the legal limit in most states is above 23%. is there anyway around this law since I had nothing to do with the tint thats on my car?
If that's the case the dealer has to pay your ticket and have the dealer put on a legal tint for free
Old 04-22-2009, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by tony2toness/sc
If that's the case the dealer has to pay your ticket and have the dealer put on a legal tint for free
yea he can try to get them to do that but it'll proll be a fight
Old 04-22-2009, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by {TEAM ADRENALINE}
yea he can try to get them to do that but it'll proll be a fight
Yea they will bitch and moan but they have to change it technically the car is not street legal cause can't drive with the tints so she can legally return the car for getting sold an wink wink unsafe car lol it happen to me they had no choice but to replace it the tint I think it has something to do with the contract
Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 AM

ur right im just saying its gonna be a fight.lol
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blaze2712
there really is no way to get out of it. The only way is if you maybe go to a eye doctor and tell him the lights from oncoming cars at night gives you migraines and what he can do about it.
If you look under the CVC 26708.10 under the vehicle code, it states that you can use a sun screening device if you have a letter from your doctor, but that it must be removed and can't be used in times of darkness. This is talking about the stick-on sun screen shades and tint would not meet the requirements under the law and would still be ticketable.

Originally Posted by reign1
4. go to ur tint guy and get the bare minimum. (70% i believe)
If you're tinting any of the windows and you use a 70% tint be aware that you'll probably still be illegal under the vehicle code. The factory glass on nearly every vehicle manufactured already has a light amount of tint applied internal to the glass itself to reduce UV rays entering the vehicle to help with cooling, keep the upholstery from fading, etc. Therefore even "clear" glass does not have 100% light transmittance and you must factor that in when adding any tint. As a side note, there's a apparently a couple European models sold in the US that meet the FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) guidelines for window glazings but in California would technically be illegal due to their internal tinting of the glass reducing light transmittance below the California levels.

Originally Posted by RyanBlueSRT-4
I got a ticket this morning while I was sleepin wit my girl at her house and my car was park outside and he gave me a no front lisence plate ticket so is that consider a fix-it ticket....
Look up what you were sited for. No front plate is a moving violation and if your car was parked you should be able to get it dismissed if you take it to court (unless your local jurisdiction has a different code you were sited under).

There is no tint allowed on the front windows in california period. No matter what percent.
The problem with the California Vehicle Code is that in many, many areas it contradicts itself. You can be sited under one article but be able to prove your innocence or compliance with the law under another. For example under CVC 26708, subdivision (d) it states in regards to the front windows "(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.", so technically you can have a lightly tinted clear film. In reality, your glass is more than likely already near that percent with the factory tint in the glass material, but you could argue the case for allowing a light tint.

Originally Posted by UserDrew
OK, so is there any sort of test that the police use to check tinting? Or is it just something they are allowed to eyeball?
If they see a film on the front windows they can site under CVC 26708. On the other windows, the officer may have a light meter they can use to test light transmission through the window and tint. Keep in mind that as I mentioned before that all factory glass already blocks a small portion of the light transmittance. Also not every officer will have a meter as they have to pay for them out of pocket in most jurisdictions.

no theres not and GM did not put the tint on. They dnt put tint oln. Ur dealer prolly did it
If it was a film, and on a passenger car, then no GM didn't add any from the factory. But the glass itself has an internal tinting so technically they did tint all the windows. Also if the vehicle falls under the category of a truck based platform, under FMVSS the manufacturer can tint the rear windows behind the driver and in many cases they will use a film-based product at the factory (but already applied to the glass prior to installation on the vehicle).
Old 04-22-2009, 05:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tony2toness/sc
Yea they will bitch and moan but they have to change it technically the car is not street legal cause can't drive with the tints so she can legally return the car for getting sold an wink wink unsafe car lol it happen to me they had no choice but to replace it the tint I think it has something to do with the contract
what are you driving that runs a 14.6 1/4 mile but slays all those dope cars in your sig?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Buckweed
what are you driving that runs a 14.6 1/4 mile but slays all those dope cars in your sig?
My cobalt and what do you meen dope cars all those cars sucked jaguar come on its the stype that car is garbaged when it comes to speed the only worthy good races were the 350zs but driver race lol and 14.6 first time at the track with all my work tools in the trunk