Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

E-Brake Squeaking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Brake Squeaking?

So yesterday at work I got stuck in this bullshit snow and ice that suddenly won't go away here in Pittsburgh. We park on an up-slope and unless you have a truck, you're fucked. So we got like 4 inches and a nice big pile of snow from the plow in front of my car. I try rocking it back a bit and making a run forward. Nothing. I get help. Nothing. My ***** just goin' nunnnn nunnnnn nunnnn nunnnnn at like 4k by the time I start moving anywhere. It was a retarded day at work, I've been up for like 19 hours at that point, and all I wanted to do was leave. So by the time I got out, not only has 10 minutes passed and I left half a set of P6's on the ground, there's a kind of metal-on-metal e-brake-ish sound comming from the back of the car. When I'd move it'd go squeak squeak squeak. Finally when I got up on the road it stopped. I'm an auto, but I always use my e-brake (mostly because we have insane hills in PA). It hasn't given me any problems aside from loosening up a few times. It even never froze when it was close to 0. So when I pulled into my garage last night I didn't pull the e-brake this time figuring maybe something got jammed. Maybe an ice clump got wedged in there and it'd melt? Who know's? Any ideas?