Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

lets start an offical slammed thread .......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Slammed = not just lowering springs. I don't know why half this forum insists on posting up pics of their car on some simple lowering springs when people are askingfor "slammed" Cobalts........when its a far cry from being "slammed". My car is on Sportlines, and its not even close to have slammed status.

If you wanna slam a Cobalt.........get coilovers of bags.
what if i had coilovers that didnt lower the car as much as i had now? or i didnt lower it all the way? am i still slammed

what people like you dont get is that it really doestn matter HOW you got to the height you are, but the height itself, smaller tires, rims, springs, bags, struts, frame notching, coilovers...
IT DOESNT MATTER
Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 PM

Anyone running Apex Springs? I'm thinking about butin em cause nobody else has them but I wanna see em first
Old 05-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
what if i had coilovers that didnt lower the car as much as i had now? or i didnt lower it all the way? am i still slammed

what people like you dont get is that it really doestn matter HOW you got to the height you are, but the height itself, smaller tires, rims, springs, bags, struts, frame notching, coilovers...
IT DOESNT MATTER

No. If youre running coilovers but dont lower it much you wouldnt be slammed, thats kinda obvious, your grasping at straws here, youre right that it doesnt matter how, just how low, but no matter how you spell it out, youre not slammed, closest balt ive seen so far is that blue one with vertical doors, but even that still has daylight under it. See my previous pics for what slammed looks like
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldHo...eature=related
Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hehe ^ smart guy
Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IT DOESNT MATTER
Well if you have coilovers set to the highest ride height (probally same as that of stock ride height) and took a picture of your car, then that wouldn't be a picture of a slammed Cobalt. A picture of a "slammed" Cobalt would be that of one with coilovers (or bags) set to a low height setting.

It just seems that everywhere in the car world EXCEPT here people understand the defenition of what a slammed car is. Go look at VWvortex or Honda-Tech. There you will find SLAMMED.....not lowered.....cars. Theres a difference between slammed and lowered. I'm not hating on having a lowered car......b/c hell, my car is just that.....lowered. But the OP didn't ask for pictures of lowered Cobalts. Theres already like 10,948 threads like that on here. He asked for "slammed" Cobalts. There a very few Cobalts in existence that have the right to consider their stance "slammed".

Like I said, no hate. Just trying to clarify on what I meant originally.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM

kinda off topic...
but this happened in the RICE thread.

its all opinionated.
now lets all be friends
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Geoffery Kennedy

only pic of my car lowered
yeh your car is the lowest i have seen on just springs
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Not a Sebring

Here, in my opinion, are some examples of "slammed" cars.

Call it stupid, call it pointless, and say "why would you ever want your car that low?".......but thats what seperates a "slammed" car from a "lowered" car.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM

IT DOESNT MATTER
listen to what these guys have to say, your just being hard headed for the sake of trying to be right. the logic you are tryin to use is like saying a stock smart car is slammed because it sits 4" off the ground.

Originally Posted by Maven
No. If youre running coilovers but dont lower it much you wouldnt be slammed, thats kinda obvious, your grasping at straws here, youre right that it doesnt matter how, just how low, but no matter how you spell it out, youre not slammed, closest balt ive seen so far is that blue one with vertical doors, but even that still has daylight under it. See my previous pics for what slammed looks like
Well if you have coilovers set to the highest ride height (probally same as that of stock ride height) and took a picture of your car, then that wouldn't be a picture of a slammed Cobalt. A picture of a "slammed" Cobalt would be that of one with coilovers (or bags) set to a low height setting.

It just seems that everywhere in the car world EXCEPT here people understand the defenition of what a slammed car is. Go look at VWvortex or Honda-Tech. There you will find SLAMMED.....not lowered.....cars. Theres a difference between slammed and lowered. I'm not hating on having a lowered car......b/c hell, my car is just that.....lowered. But the OP didn't ask for pictures of lowered Cobalts. Theres already like 10,948 threads like that on here. He asked for "slammed" Cobalts. There a very few Cobalts in existence that have the right to consider their stance "slammed".

Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM

then maybe he shouldnt have asked lol, if no one has one, and he didnt specify, then why post up about it???
it seems that his def of slammed is what the cobalt world thinks it is...just what weve all been posting

as far as the argument at hand, the argument at hand was that alot of the cobalts posted are slammed but mine wasnt, if we are defining slammed as what has been posted then mine fits in just fine, if we dont define that as slammed then none of us are....
/thread
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you're just butt hurt because your car isn't as low as your mind imagines it to be.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM

your right on the fact that all those "slammed" cars look rediculous
thats the utter def of "all show no go"

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
you're just butt hurt because your car isn't as low as your mind imagines it to be.
lawl, did you see the measurements, i put a lip kit on it and the pointless show plastic is lower then most cobalts posted in this thread hahhahaha
go measure most of those cobalts that have already posted frame to ground, find the lowest point on the car...but its really not as low as you think it is
and this coming from a guy with a pic of a pink brake in his sig...hmmm...i think your judgement is off anywho

Last edited by NWAE Cobalt; 05-05-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Haz l33t wheelz.

there is nothing wrong with a car that is all show no go. Just a different perspective on vehicle modification.

Originally Posted by cblt12
listen to what these guys have to say, your just being hard headed for the sake of trying to be right. the logic you are tryin to use is like saying a stock smart car is slammed because it sits 4" off the ground.
no...thats what these guys ahve been trying to say...im just summing it up for them
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

lawl, did you see the measurements, i put a lip kit on it and the pointless show plastic is lower then most cobalts posted in this thread hahhahaha
go measure most of those cobalts that have already posted frame to ground, find the lowest point on the car...but its really not as low as you think it is
and this coming from a guy with a pic of a pink brake in his sig...hmmm...i think your judgement is off anywho
my measurements are the same as yours. just because you have 1/2" of rubber between your rim and the pavement means nothing. why am i still discussing this?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM

then maybe he shouldnt have asked lol, if no one has one, and he didnt specify, then why post up about it???
it seems that his def of slammed is what the cobalt world thinks it is...just what weve all been posting

as far as the argument at hand, the argument at hand was that alot of the cobalts posted are slammed but mine wasnt, if we are defining slammed as what has been posted then mine fits in just fine, if we dont define that as slammed then none of us are....
/thread
its been said pleanty of times that there are very few slammed cobalts and you keep trying to prove that yours is... the only people that should be posting is here are donna, sson20's and that blue one and maybe a couple others. they are the only balts that are close to being slammed.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Not a Sebring

I think they look fantastic and have a MUCH better looking stance than my car. And just recently at the College Park Tuning show, I watched an IS300 w/ a full 2JZ-GTE swap built by Swift Motorsports lay down over 1,000whp on a dyno.........and had a stance just like those cars. Also watched it leave the show.......and even drove behind it on the way home for a bit. They have their coilovers set so that their tires rub very minimally.

To me, the stance those cars have just looks so sick. Its cars like that........that have been pushing me to leave the Cobalt world and get into either like a VW or an old school Honda hatch.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
there is nothing wrong with a car that is all show no go. Just a different perspective on vehicle modification.
there sure isnt..but as its been argued on this site time and time again about this...90% of people here all 90% go 10% show...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 PM

IMO slammed looks ugly , rims dont match the body lines just not my thing removing gaps / slamming ftw. But i know slamming cars is a big thing to do.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

my measurements are the same as yours. just because you have 1/2" of rubber between your rim and the pavement means nothing. why am i still discussing this?

doublepost. oops.

Last edited by ls1fbody; 05-05-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 PM

no...thats what these guys ahve been trying to say...im just summing it up for them
no they have been trying to say that a car w/ zero clearance to the ground is slammed.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 PM

HnR springs
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
I think they look fantastic and have a MUCH better looking stance than my car. And just recently at the College Park Tuning show, I watched an IS300 w/ a full 2JZ-GTE swap built by Swift Motorsports lay down over 1,000whp on a dyno.........and had a stance just like those cars. Also watched it leave the show.......and even drove behind it on the way home for a bit. They have their coilovers set so that their tires rub very minimally.

To me, the stance those cars have just looks so sick. Its cars like that........that have been pushing me to leave the Cobalt world and get into either like a VW or an old school Honda hatch.
are you talking about swift in Connnecticut?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:37 AM

Quick Reply: lets start an offical slammed thread .......