Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Pulling Right

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling Right

OK guys, here's the SIT REP. I just installed my Sportline Springs yesterday(which by the way I will be doing a how to write up with pics later). Anyway I noticed a slight pull to the left about a month ago and decided that I would wait until I put the springs on before I got the alignment done. Yesterday my buddy and I installed the Sportline Springs in about 2.5 hours. After the install we went out for a cruise to settle them in. I noticed right from the get go that the car now pulled to the right. So we headed for home and checked the air in the tires and checked the rotors and calibers for drag. All those items where good to go. We headed out for the highway once more the car still pulled to the right. When I loosened my grip on the wheel she pulled right. I know she pulls right under acceleration and I expected that. So today I took the car to my long time mechanic to have him do the alignment. He gets the car on the alignment rig and handles business. The cars alignment is only slightly off so he does not charge me for the service. Afterwards we go for a ride and the car still pulls to the right. He tells to take it back to the shop and lets check it again. The alignment is dead on. He say that it looks like the Thrust is out of wack on it. but he could not fix it without a computer controlled alignment jig.

I take the car to his buddy who has the right jig, but he says the car only has adjustments for camber. So he can't fix it.

So when I got home I did a tire swap to see if the tires were the problem. I moved the front to the back and went for a ride. She still pulls. So I switch the right front and the left front and she still pulls. I'm at a loss here now. My buddy seems to think the it might have something to do with the limited slip in the car.

Have any of you had this problem before or have any ideas on this? Any help would be great. My baby is just no fun to drive like this.

Thanks in advance guys for any help.
Brian
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean only has adjustments for caster, camber is the tilt of the tire as its sitting straight up and down on its tread. They sell camber kits so you can adjust it OR you can use a dremel tool and egg out the one bolt hole on the strut so you can adjust it. This is the cheap fix way to get camber adjustments out of it.

I've never heard of camber causeing it to pull tho so IDK. Did you check and make sure your caliper isn't draging or anything?