Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

ZZP Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RossGo
I was confused for a minute. I was thinking "man I really don't see it" haha
I was like, "This dude's got a fever... and the only prescription... is more control arm!"
Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RossGo
I know I sound dumb here, but where does that even go? Is that an endlink?
What aspect of performance is it for?
PM me if you want some detail information but FYI the ttr mounts are copies of the ones I make for OTTP. who cares?

joints in the suspension for road use need to be protected for use in all weather. Race spherical joints are not

trailing (rear) inner joint goes in and out as it goes up and down therefore needs to be articulated or flexible. Flexible OEM wears out over time

inner leading (front) joint is rubber and has a lot of friction OEM. Delrin or UHMW is best in this application dirt is an issue. Stock last for ever. Aftermarket becomes high maintenence. Poly is too soft in this application, and will open up very soon, leaving a big gap and lots of play. Dirt is also an issue for poly more than for delrin (hardest) and UHMW ( better temperature performance, less durometer than delrin).

The inner trailing CABS I make for OTTP are lifetime good, sealed from the elements high quality part.

Easy to install with a press. FE5 arms are (relatively) easy to come by...Try Morad auto wreckers.

Endlinks or drop links or sway bar end connectors are just that. They wear out OEM. the best replacement I have found are powergridinc.com adjustable all weather joints. Great part.

Key words for good handling cars when it comes to suspension: No friction. No "play" or looseness in joints. good shock damping. good springs. good alignment. good tires with correct tire pressures. matched spring rates and antiroll bars for desired handling...