War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I raced my buddy's GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The LT and LS series motors do open up quite a bit from doing gearing swaps, cams, and the such, but a stock LT1 vs a stock SS/SC is a drivers race IMO

Now the stock LS1 Camaros in 00 - 02 that I know for sure, are running AT LEAST 13.3 all day long.

Last edited by 1gmfanatik; 10-11-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
The LT and LS series motors do open up quite a bit from doing gearing swaps, cams, and the such, but a stock LT1 vs a stock SS/SC is a drivers race IMO

Now the stock LS1 Camaros in 00 - 02 that I know for sure, are running AT LEAST 13.3 all day long.
I didn't post this race because i knew i would bruise some ego's and get **** for it but The 3rd night i had my SS i rolled against an SS with atleast CAI and exhaust and walked him badly above 60mph. If i was a 6spd i would have probably crushed him more.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
I didn't post this race because i knew i would bruise some ego's and get **** for it but The 3rd night i had my SS i rolled against an SS with atleast CAI and exhaust and walked him badly above 60mph. If i was a 6spd i would have probably crushed him more.
Well...between you being an ******* and that no matter what you do, someones ego will be hurt, there is nothing you can really do other then tell it like it is.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

Well...between you being an ******* and that no matter what you do, someones ego will be hurt, there is nothing you can really do other then tell it like it is.

I think the majority of LS1's ran on this board were probably high high miles and in need of a major tuneup. The 2nd day i had my SS i had new plugs installed, new wires, fuel filter and changed every fluid over to RP. The car felt like night and day after i did it.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 PM

I think the majority of LS1's ran on this board were probably high high miles and in need of a major tuneup. The 2nd day i had my SS i had new plugs installed, new wires, fuel filter and changed every fluid over to RP. The car felt like night and day after i did it.
Tis quite possible, or the people that beat those cars had more work done then posted. You can never know what will happen or what did happen unless you're there.

Yeah, I was watching the Speed Channel (No not the drug) and they were doing some dyno's between RP and without RP and there were gains in hp and tq, crazy stuff. I'll stick with Mobil 1 for now though
Old 10-11-2007, 05:20 PM

**** this thread isn't 20 pages yet???? SHAME!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

Tis quite possible, or the people that beat those cars had more work done then posted. You can never know what will happen or what did happen unless you're there.

Yeah, I was watching the Speed Channel (No not the drug) and they were doing some dyno's between RP and without RP and there were gains in hp and tq, crazy stuff. I'll stick with Mobil 1 for now though
GM,

Why don't you "Try" RP just once to see if you like it? You can get 6 quarts at walmart for 40 dollars. You might just like it. I LOVE the max gear tranny oil. Made a major difference.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:26 PM

GM,

Why don't you "Try" RP just once to see if you like it? You can get 6 quarts at walmart for 40 dollars. You might just like it. I LOVE the max gear tranny oil. Made a major difference.
**** rp. I put straight samuel adam's boston lager in my baby, keeps her nice and happy and she puts out real easy.

MOBILE 1 FTMFW!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cakeeater
**** rp. I put straight samuel adam's boston lager in my baby, keeps her nice and happy and she puts out real easy.

MOBILE 1 FTMFW!

Cake,

I wouldn't expect much from a mustang owner
Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Cake,

I wouldn't expect much from a mustang owner
touche....but rp isn't exactly trailer park oil, so obviously stereotypes are non-existent in this thread.

LOL jk...maybe
Old 10-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GM,

I am probably doing an oil change this weekend. It's well due, I will switch to RP and see what I get. And for changing the Rearend lube, you think it will be easy? Never done it on the GTO.

touche....but rp isn't exactly trailer park oil, so obviously stereotypes are non-existent in this thread.

LOL jk...maybe
I didn't get it

Last edited by Psykostevo; 10-11-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
I am probably doing an oil change this weekend. It's well due, I will switch to RP and see what I get. And for changing the Rearend lube, you think it will be easy? Never done it on the GTO.

I didn't get it
Steve,

Hmm.. It's an IRS rear but I don't think it should be too hard. It's so easy on an f-body. Just take off the cover bolts, drain the fluid, replace gasket, retighten and pump in the fluid.

EDIT :

You're welcome steve

http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10377
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo

I didn't get it
camaro stereotype = mullet mobile = trailer park
Old 10-11-2007, 06:24 PM

Steve,

Hmm.. It's an IRS rear but I don't think it should be too hard. It's so easy on an f-body. Just take off the cover bolts, drain the fluid, replace gasket, retighten and pump in the fluid.

EDIT :

You're welcome steve

http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10377

Thanks buddy. I just read the whole thing FYI thanks to you. Lots of good info. The rear end looks super easy! A Drain Plug.......GENIUS!

I didn't see the relationship in it, until I realized that the SS he was talking about was a Mullet. I thought he was talking about the GoKartSS.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 10-11-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned

You all make me laugh so hard
Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
You all make me laugh so hard
its mutual.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by codyss
I am glad you asked so I can explain what it is to those " special " people like an0malous.

Are you ready for this kids?

Magazine Racing =

Quoting times and performance data from tests usually from a publication like magazines.

Example: There is no way that SS/SC kept up with a LT1 Motor Trend got a 14.1 out of a LT1 and Road & Track got no better than a 14.7 out of a SS/SC.

And sorry an0malous I don't have a cute little picture or some other bullshit to show you but I could really care less about e-thuging like a little bitch. The term ******* fit the and very well I might add since you are dumb and an ass.

And it is common sense that if a car doesn't beat another with power alone it was driver error or some other issue. That isn't paper racing it's 100% fact.

would you like a shovel? or are you ok digging that hole deeper with your hands?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by an0malous
would you like a shovel? or are you ok digging that hole deeper with your hands?
naw... he is doing some of that "ricer" racing he just explained to us
Old 10-12-2007, 08:30 AM

Maybe the late 80's and early 90's model Camaro's but not the new ones. There is a particular time frame for that erra. You can't say that ALL Camaro peoples are Mullet wearin bafoons. That would be like sayin that ALL Mustang owners are rednecks that have 10 **** box mustangs in their yard rusting away, but still use em for parts.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous

The only hole I am diging is the one you will be using when I am done with the shovel.

You like acidangel are the reason the term rice was spawned.

If either of you are ever in Nebraska I will show you how " rice " I am and how I magazine race.

Add the fact that some of you think a SS/SC will kill a LT1 and this post went from funny to hilarious. I mean really lets think about this, these sceneraos come straight from past posts by other members here and from other forums aswell.

Stock vs Stock
SS/SC vs SRT-4 = SRT-4
99-04 Mustang GT vs SRT-4 = Drivers Race
LT1 F-Body vs 99-04 Mustang GT = LT1

So how does the SS/SC change place in the food chain so fast? And you guys have the guts to call me a fanboy..........

Last edited by codyss; 10-12-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 AM

I never said "kill" I said that stock for stock, it's a drivers race. They are very comparable to the SS/SC as far as power to weight ratio goes IMHO
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned

I know what you meant I was more so talking to the other two boneheads in this thread who don't understand simple things.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only hole I am diging is the one you will be using when I am done with the shovel.
*From the caveman commercial*... Uhhhh What?!?
Okay seriously man, you aren't even trying anymore, are you? Please say you arent trying.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 AM

You like acidangel are the reason the term rice was spawned.

If either of you are ever in Nebraska I will show you how " rice " I am and how I magazine race.

Add the fact that some of you think a SS/SC will kill a LT1 and this post went from funny to hilarious. I mean really lets think about this, these sceneraos come straight from past posts by other members here and from other forums aswell.

Stock vs Stock
SS/SC vs SRT-4 = SRT-4
99-04 Mustang GT vs SRT-4 = Drivers Race
LT1 F-Body vs 99-04 Mustang GT = LT1

So how does the SS/SC change place in the food chain so fast? And you guys have the guts to call me a fanboy..........
sorry bro... you about the most incompetant asshat i have ever seen...
today ... just for you.. me and my roommate will go racing and i will show you a LT1 getting bitched slapped from a stop/roll and all in between.. maybe ill get lucky and find the WS6 up the road to join in on this fun....

yea.. sure.. ill come out there, make sure you have money though.. and ill bring some of my "domestic" non 4-cylinder rice since thats a waiste of time for you.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM

Maybe the late 80's and early 90's model Camaro's but not the new ones. There is a particular time frame for that erra. You can't say that ALL Camaro peoples are Mullet wearin bafoons. That would be like sayin that ALL Mustang owners are rednecks that have 10 **** box mustangs in their yard rusting away, but still use em for parts.
In my head they all do.

Nobody actually wants to go to Nebraska. ****, even President Clinton didn't visit it until he was almost out of office. And the only time I was there was when I had a plane get diverted, and then grounded in Nebraska, it was horrible. If we could all come there and save you from that hell hole we would, but it's too risky. I'm afraid if I got there I would get stuck in a Corn Maze and then it would turn into a bad horror movie.

We all know how magazine racing goes, it's just that none of us are as good at it as you are. We actually look up to you for being able to make it into an exact science.

Now go back to driving your White Trash Work Trucks and quit giving me and other GTO owners a bad name. I don't think any of us are benefiting from your useless ramblings. There is rarely anything you say that is worth standing up for, and yet you won't let it rest. If you look at the few threads that you are in, there are more comments directed AT you than supporting WITH you. Even if you believe 100% that you are right, you stand no chance here. These people are not going to believe 90% of the **** you say, whether you want them to or not. Just 'cause you shove your **** down someone's throat doesn't mean they sucked it, so stop kidding yourself and zip up your e-pants.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 10-12-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: I raced my buddy's GTO