War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

TC vs 335i Coupe

Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
TC vs 335i Coupe

Ran into a really cool fella on my way home on Friday with a 335i Coupe. We both expressed interest back and forth but weren't able to get a clean run in due to one of us having a car rather close in front.

As we were rolling along, waiting for traffic up front to clear, I rolled down my passenger window and told him that I'd really like to run him but there's just not enough room, to which he smiled and nodded in agreement. He mentioned he would follow me to the next open road and see if we get an opening.

We turn right on to the next road and happened to get lucky with it being somewhat clear. We get up to 35mph, I'm in 2nd gear and unsure about him at the time, and I yell out "on three, you honking or am I?". He nods at me and I honk it off. 1-2-3, we're off and I managed to spin most of 2nd gear (the screeching sound of my tires crying is almost deafening as it bounces off of our cars) but slightly inching ahead, putting him at my back passenger door. Just as 2nd grabs, I NLS into 3rd and he continues to slowly fall back. With a quick glance, he was about a car and a nose back and then we had to get on the brakes hard (around 100mph according to my log) due to cars turning in front of us up ahead.

I get in behind him and follow him into a parking lot. We chat a bit about the race and we asked each other about mods. I told him that he probably wouldn't believe me but that I was running a modded stock airbox, downpipe and a 20% E blend tune (held up laptop and we both laughed). He tells me his is an auto car running DCIs, downpipes and a recently flashed JB4 map. I asked whether or not he had had the car on a dyno and he mentioned that prior to the bolt ons, he was sitting at 355/38x with a different JB4 map and that with the new map/bolt ons he was expecting mid 370s on 91.

Also found out he does freelance videography/photography for local shops around the valley, including Vivid Racing. Unfortunately for us, his go-pros were in his trunk! Another cool thing was that he didn't even know that GM made a 4dr turbo Cobalt. +1 for the rental! I told him that his car was extremely nice and that he needed an E-blend, to which he smiled and said that it's next.

For what it's worth, I'm sitting around 320whp/350wtq with 20lbs of boost and 16.5 degrees of timing. Would have really liked to see what 4th gear would have brought because of how my cal is setup, my power curve doesn't drop off like a rock as is typically seen with stock turbo LNFs.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mmmmmmmm E.