War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Word to the wise... Do not try and race an Evo VIII!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R33P3R007
i was also smoked by an sti. at 155 he left me like i was parked.
You were seriously going 155? Thats 100mph over the speed limit haha.

On another note: Now I know how you have so many posts! You extend one post into numerous ones!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid-R1
Travis, there are different stages from different tuners, but I don't think there is an official path. The general consensus between the 2 is if you're gonna mod, get the Evo. If you're gonna stay stock, get the STi. The Evo seems to be a lot less expensive to mod in the end.

Heck, I paid $1200, and got 50awhp out of my Evo. I'm sure I could have done it cheaper if I really wanted to as well...
So what stages are available for the evo? I know there are 7 different stages for the sti. Theres a Subaru plant in town. That's how I'm aware of what they have. Also, I paid $1200 and gained 107whp on a Cavalier. $225-CAI, $225-Header, $160-Exhaust, $90-Spacer, $500-N20. 115whp-222whp.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by traviskearney
So what stages are available for the evo? I know there are 7 different stages for the sti. Theres a Subaru plant in town. That's how I'm aware of what they have. Also, I paid $1200 and gained 107whp on a Cavalier. $225-CAI, $225-Header, $160-Exhaust, $90-Spacer, $500-N20. 115whp-222whp.
HAHA. Nice with the N20.

I guess it really depends on the tuner. I know Visnu offers a couple as well as Buschar Racing.

I paid $550 for a TBE exhaust, which was a good price. However, I paid $600 for a flash which is a bit high. I choice this particular tuner because of the way they controlled the boost. I got a HKS intake used for $50. Actually, I spend $150 for a HFC which in the end hurts the performance, so I didn't really want to count that
Old 02-09-2006, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by pkskull77
I learned several months ago that most people on this board have it out for the EVO and STI (you always hate what you fear or covet).
Hey, speak for yourself. I don't fear EVO or STI nor will I ever own on. I simply don't like boxy 4-door cars with big ass wings.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wesmanw02
Sound is subjective. Personally though I think the 2.0 S/C sounds better than either the Evo or STi..
I guarantee every Cobalt owner would agree the STI sounds better, EVO maybe.

What site are we on again?? Thats right, a site about Chevrolet Cobalts. You are lost, go back to yor STi forums..
What car do you drive? A Cavalier with a "custom intake". I was one of the, if not the first person to drive the Cobalt SS/SC. Since I got to take it and an Ion Redline through an autocross course before the Cobalt was even out.

The STi is only runs 13's with a hard launch. Launch the car at 2K RPMs an its just going to bog down or stall. Don't believe me?? Go to the track, launch at 2K, and see what you run. I guarentee you won't be seeing anything close to low 13's.
Do you have any proof of this??? NOPE!

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
Hey, speak for yourself. I don't fear EVO or STI nor will I ever own on. I simply don't like boxy 4-door cars with big ass wings.
But you do respect what EVOs and STIs can do and are capable of doing, right?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:54 PM

What site are we on again?? Thats right, a site about Chevrolet Cobalts. You are lost, go back to yor STi forums.
But you don't even own a cobalt. So if we go by your logic than by all means the exit is that way-->

The STi is only runs 13's with a hard launch. Launch the car at 2K RPMs an its just going to bog down or stall. Don't believe me?? Go to the track, launch at 2K, and see what you run. I guarentee you won't be seeing anything close to low 13's.
Why in gods name would you launch an awd car at 2000 rpms. The thing would bog to all hell. They have to 1. try and launch in some kinda boost and 2. they have to get that awd system moving hence the need for short gearing and a nice 5000 plus launch.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wasey13
I guarantee every Cobalt owner would agree the STI sounds better, EVO maybe.
Why don't you make a survey and prove yourself wrong. I don't see how a large 4 banger that sounds like a deep duck call sounds better than a screaming supercharger. Speak for yourself.

What car do you drive? A Cavalier with a "custom intake". I was one of the, if not the first person to drive the Cobalt SS/SC. Since I got to take it and an Ion Redline through an autocross course before the Cobalt was even out.
Wow, so you claim to be the first person to drive an SS S/C. You want a damn cookie?? Nobody cares. As for my Cavalier, at least its a 2 door coupe, in that respect its sportier than your 4 door family car

Do you have any proof of this??? NOPE!
Do you have any proof against this?? NOPE!! Take it to the track and try it, theres your proof. Bring a video cam while your at it so we can all make fun of you when it stalls

But you do respect what EVOs and STIs can do and are capable of doing, right?
Why do you assume that everyone has "respect" for the Evo and STi?? Sorry, but I have very little respect for a 4-door family sedan with a huge wing that looks like a caricature of itself. They throw on massive turbo and a handling package on a family car and all of a sudden its the best car in the world. Why pay that kind of money when you can buy a real car, like a GTO or Mustang Cobra, for the same price??

But you don't even own a cobalt. So if we go by your logic than by all means the exit is that way-->
I'm here because I like the Cobalt SS S/C and I'm interested in possibly buying one. Contrary to Wasey13, who owns an STi and is only here to troll around and brag about his car.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all right, before i get started i'm just gonna say, i'm tired of sitting back and watching this guy be an idiot and making himself look like a reject. one of my posts already got deleted, so we'll see if this one does.

Why don't you make a survey and prove yourself wrong. I don't see how a large 4 banger that sounds like a deep duck call sounds better than a screaming supercharger. Speak for yourself.
dude, you are being childish. wtf man, i think most people would agree that a wrx sounds incredibly great and very similar to a v-8. that's why it sounds better than a 4cyl with a supercharger. the supercharger does sound awesome!!! but the exhaust note coming out is very ricey and high pitched compared to the low growl of a wrx.

Wow, so you claim to be the first person to drive an SS S/C. You want a damn cookie?? Nobody cares. As for my Cavalier, at least its a 2 door coupe, in that respect its sportier than your 4 door family car
that's got to be the first time i've ever heard anyone claim that a 2-door CAVALIER is sportier than an evo/sti. WOW! you got *****. a cavalier, whether it be a 2-door or not, isn't even comparable to an evo/sti. hell, my 4-door ralliart is WAY more sportier than your CAVALIER. sorry dude, but that was an ignorant, senseless, stupid comment.

Do you have any proof against this?? NOPE!! Take it to the track and try it, theres your proof. Bring a video cam while your at it so we can all make fun of you when it stalls
i just wanted to say you're an idiot for posting this.

Why do you assume that everyone has "respect" for the Evo and STi?? Sorry, but I have very little respect for a 4-door family sedan with a huge wing that looks like a caricature of itself. They throw on massive turbo and a handling package on a family car and all of a sudden its the best car in the world. Why pay that kind of money when you can buy a real car, like a GTO or Mustang Cobra, for the same price??
this shows how much more of an idiot that you are. he ASSUMES that everyone has "respect" for the Evo and STI because MOST people do. just because you don't know wtf you're even talking about doesn't mean you need to bash him. they didn't throw a massive turbo on either car, and the handling package is superior to any other, and it IS NOT a family car and it IS NOT the best car in the world. no one is making that claim, you're just getting all over excited over nothing. what makes a GTO or a Mustang Cobra a REAL car. those are just different cars with different performance capabilities. i believe this has been explained to you numerous times already. you're just to ******* retarded to get it into your ***** brain.

I'm here because I like the Cobalt SS S/C and I'm interested in possibly buying one. Contrary to Wasey13, who owns an STi and is only here to troll around and brag about his car.
congrats on being here then. i'm here cause i think i might want to buy one too. Wasey, is not here to troll, he's giving you facts and you're making false accusations. you need to use the SEARCH button and the INTERNET before you make such stupid comments. here, i'll even give you a video to watch about posting on forums: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
I think that one has even been posted on this forum before, hmm, you must have missed it.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 AM

I see you prefer cheap low quality two doors with big ass wings.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:58 AM

Thank god im at work and not at home wasting REAL time reading this...
Old 02-10-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by pkskull77
I see you prefer cheap low quality two doors with big ass wings.
What wings? Stop making up **** to fit your feeble argument.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:57 AM

What wings? Stop making up **** to fit your feeble argument.
I hope your being sarcastic.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:15 PM

As for my Cavalier, at least its a 2 door coupe, in that respect its sportier than your 4 door family car
In that respect, I guess a Geo Metro is a Sportier car too since it's a 2 door. But let's just say that the engine and suspension make the STi/Evo sportier in that respect... I got a 4 door since I have a child. It makes it easier to get the seat in/out of the car. But in the same respect, I wouldn't recommend putting anyone back there for long. The leather tends to make people slide around (not a problem if all you do is go in a straight line...). Also, with the suspension being so stiff, I have had reports of people getting sick back there...

Once again, all you think about is a straight line. Sure, if you want to go fast in a line, get a GTO or a Cobra. I don't deny it. Hell, I took my friends Goat out for a spin and I was impressed. I love the rear seats and the rest of the interior. BUT, some of us like to take turns. Last time I was at Thunderhill (road course), I didn't see to many Goats and Cobra's there. However, go to the 1/4 strip, and you'll see GTO's, Mustangs, and Evo/STi's. That's a testament to how versatile the STi's and Evo's are. I challenge you to name a car in the SAME price range that can equal the performance of them. That means, you need to think about more than just a straight line. Think outside the box for once...
Old 02-10-2006, 01:21 PM

Wesman02, when are you going too shut the f@#k up. It has been said many times in this thread and other threads, you don't know what you are talking about. Evo's/STI's are 200% cooler then you or your Cavy will ever be. Please take your argument to the J-body forums!!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
2005 COBALT SS/SC
1)Best ET:14.707@95.7MPH
2)Best ET:14.733@97.1MPH
I think you meant "Best Trap" or "Best MPH" for the second one.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ralliartist
all right, before i get started i'm just gonna say, i'm tired of sitting back and watching this guy be an idiot and making himself look like a reject. one of my posts already got deleted, so we'll see if this one does.
Making myself look like a "reject"?? Why, because I stated my opinion that I don't like turbocharged 4-door family cars?? Your post got deleted because you were being uncivilized and just plain stupid, just as you are doing in this one. I guess you aren't too swift though, or you wouldn't have wasted everyones time posting the same thing again.

dude, you are being childish. wtf man, i think most people would agree that a wrx sounds incredibly great and very similar to a v-8. that's why it sounds better than a 4cyl with a supercharger. the supercharger does sound awesome!!! but the exhaust note coming out is very ricey and high pitched compared to the low growl of a wrx.
Sorry dude but thats a serious ricer comment right there. You say, and you say most would agree, that a WRX sounds like/as good as a V8?? Are you deaf or something?? There's no comparison, the WRX sounds like a duck call next to a V8, especially something like a Ford 4.6 or GM LS1.

that's got to be the first time i've ever heard anyone claim that a 2-door CAVALIER is sportier than an evo/sti. WOW! you got *****. a cavalier, whether it be a 2-door or not, isn't even comparable to an evo/sti. hell, my 4-door ralliart is WAY more sportier than your CAVALIER. sorry dude, but that was an ignorant, senseless, stupid comment.
I guess the laughing smiley icon at the end wasn't enough of a clue for you to realize I was exaggerating. Obviously a Cavalier isn't a better car than a WRX or EVO, never would be, I was just making reference to the fact that at least you could get a J-Body in coupe form, the same can't be said for the supposed "sports cars" known as the WRX STi and Evo.

i just wanted to say you're an idiot for posting this.
Real mature. And you wonder why your post was deleted the first time

this shows how much more of an idiot that you are. he ASSUMES that everyone has "respect" for the Evo and STI because MOST people do. just because you don't know wtf you're even talking about doesn't mean you need to bash him. they didn't throw a massive turbo on either car, and the handling package is superior to any other, and it IS NOT a family car and it IS NOT the best car in the world. no one is making that claim, you're just getting all over excited over nothing. what makes a GTO or a Mustang Cobra a REAL car. those are just different cars with different performance capabilities. i believe this has been explained to you numerous times already. you're just to ******* retarded to get it into your ***** brain.
Once again with the name calling. Then you call me a "***** brain"?? How old are you, 5?? Christ, grow up kid. I can state my opinion, and whether you like it or not I don't "respect" the STi or Evo nearly as much as some of you do. I merely see it for what it really is, a 4-door saloon with a big turbo and a handling package. Neither the Impreza nor the Lancer were originally designed to be sports cars, hence I don't treat them as such. The same cannot be likened to cars like the F-body, Mustang, or Corvette; they were originally designed with performance in mind, and hence are considered muscle/sports cars in the true sense of the word.

congrats on being here then. i'm here cause i think i might want to buy one too. Wasey, is not here to troll, he's giving you facts and you're making false accusations. you need to use the SEARCH button and the INTERNET before you make such stupid comments. here, i'll even give you a video to watch about posting on forums: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
I think that one has even been posted on this forum before, hmm, you must have missed it.
False accusations?? No, not quite. I'm just merely telling it like it is, why don't you try and actually prove me wrong if you disagree, instead of just throwing around insults like a child??

Wesman02, when are you going too shut the f@#k up. It has been said many times in this thread and other threads, you don't know what you are talking about. Evo's/STI's are 200% cooler then you or your Cavy will ever be. Please take your argument to the J-body forums!!
Take it down a notch there keyboard warrior, before you end up hurting yourself. You are just about as mature as Ralliartist, all you can do is hurl insults and rant about not agreeing with me. I was exaggerating about the Cavalier comment, get a clue. Your post is nothing but a waste of space, funny how you think you can tell other people what do to.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:35 PM

The doors, although there are 4 of them on the sti's, never been in a evo, but I'm assuming are probably the same, are SUPER light. Even though there are four of them, they really just give you better access to the back seat, then add useless weight. That's more than I can say for most 4 door cars. And I like wings. That's why I added a carbon fiber one to my Cavalier, and that's why I eat at Hooters. "For the wings."
Old 02-10-2006, 07:52 PM

Making myself look like a "reject"?? Why, because I stated my opinion that I don't like turbocharged 4-door family cars?? Your post got deleted because you were being uncivilized and just plain stupid, just as you are doing in this one. I guess you aren't too swift though, or you wouldn't have wasted everyones time posting the same thing again.

Sorry dude but thats a serious ricer comment right there. You say, and you say most would agree, that a WRX sounds like/as good as a V8?? Are you deaf or something?? There's no comparison, the WRX sounds like a duck call next to a V8, especially something like a Ford 4.6 or GM LS1.

I guess the laughing smiley icon at the end wasn't enough of a clue for you to realize I was exaggerating. Obviously a Cavalier isn't a better car than a WRX or EVO, never would be, I was just making reference to the fact that at least you could get a J-Body in coupe form, the same can't be said for the supposed "sports cars" known as the WRX STi and Evo.

Once again with the name calling. Then you call me a "***** brain"?? How old are you, 5?? Christ, grow up kid. I can state my opinion, and whether you like it or not I don't "respect" the STi or Evo nearly as much as some of you do. I merely see it for what it really is, a 4-door saloon with a big turbo and a handling package. Neither the Impreza nor the Lancer were originally designed to be sports cars, hence I don't treat them as such. The same cannot be likened to cars like the F-body, Mustang, or Corvette; they were originally designed with performance in mind, and hence are considered muscle/sports cars in the true sense of the word.

False accusations?? No, not quite. I'm just merely telling it like it is, why don't you try and actually prove me wrong if you disagree, instead of just throwing around insults like a child??

Take it down a notch there keyboard warrior, before you end up hurting yourself. You are just about as mature as Ralliartist, all you can do is hurl insults and rant about not agreeing with me. I was exaggerating about the Cavalier comment, get a clue. Your post is nothing but a waste of space, funny how you think you can tell other people what do to.
yea ur right my srt4 and evo's and sti's cant be compared to mustangs..... only cuz we eat them and 3 other people can watch as i walk the ponys ass
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by jaydizzle82
yea ur right my srt4 and evo's and sti's cant be compared to mustangs..... only cuz we eat them and 3 other people can watch as i walk the ponys ass
You can walk modified Mach1's, Saleens, and Cobras? Those put out about 700 horse power, and run 9 second 1/4 miles. I think what you meant to say was you can walk modified 6 cylinders and stock-slightly modified gt's. I'm assuming at most your srt-4 puts out about 355 horsepower, take a 400hp Mustang stock, add one 150 shot, and you're already giving up about 200 horses. I don't believe you can even compete with more than a mildly modified gt. But what do I know.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:53 PM

OK. This thread has lost its value and I would like to give special thanks to wesmanw02 for doing this. Wesmanw02 reminds me of a 20-year-old pimple faced kid who thinks he knows it all but truly knows nothing. Who cares if you don't like EVO/STIs??? Never once did I say in any of my posts the EVO was the best car around. There are many cars out there better then the EVO/STI. These cars are not for everyone! Also, why should I go back to the EVO forum?? I don't just like EVOs, I like all kinds cars including the SS/Mustangs/STI's/GTOs/VETs and the list goes on. I'm a true car enthusiast and have been now for 20 years ever since I bought my first car.

All I ask is you research first before posting "crap" about cars you know nothing about. Opinions are one thing but when you’re really trying to compare something, facts work much better. Just because you drove one doesn't make you an expert. Oh, and your statement about the twisties, please go back and read my first post, but this time "read it" including the bottom line!

Hopefully next time you respond and post the responses from everyone on this thread as it seems you do fairly well, you'll have facts to discuss other then your meaningless opinions.

By the way, as you can tell, I'm not the only one sitting here telling you these things. Seems like the whole thread is telling you the same thing. Maybe one day you'll listen instead of posting meaningless reponses such as "Sorry dude but thats a serious ricer comment right there". What a cop out. When things get rough, this is the best statement to post so you feel better. Do you even know what a ricer really is??? I don't think so but everyone else says it, so why don't you tag along.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by traviskearney
You can walk modified Mach1's, Saleens, and Cobras? Those put out about 700 horse power, and run 9 second 1/4 miles. I think what you meant to say was you can walk modified 6 cylinders and stock-slightly modified gt's. I'm assuming at most your srt-4 puts out about 355 horsepower, take a 400hp Mustang stock, add one 150 shot, and you're already giving up about 200 horses. I don't believe you can even compete with more than a mildly modified gt. But what do I know.
i said mustangs...didnt say cobra's thats a different animal...but mach 1's and bolt on gt's are fkn easy kthnx

and what mustang has 400hp stock? oh yea and 1 more thing 150 shot plus 4.6 mustang gt = bye bye plastic intake

u fkn retard
Old 02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Banned

Nice job changing the topic off of you saying the STI sounds worse then the Cobalt SS/SC. Weren't you ran off some J-body forums for thinking your Cavi with "custom intake" was SUPER and getting on people's nerves, for not knowing anything?????

See more proof that you know NOTHING!! 2 door STIs and WRXs exist.

Wow!!! How many times have you insulted me in this thread and countless others, yet you have the minerals to rag on Ralli for him stating facts about you???? Just wow. I guess you don't consider rally racing a sport, .

Also again you have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Mustangs were not designed with performence in mind, they were designed to get good gas mileage in a stylish 2 door coupe. Performence didn't enter Ford's mind until 2 or 3 years later.

You've been proven wrong all up and down this thread. Also, Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle he is black just like you.

I think SS4ME was trying to help you. Cause I know he isn't a big fan of me so for him to agree with me on that you know nothing, means you should listen to him.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:33 PM

I wanted an EVO, too expensive & 3,000/yr. insurance! I like them much better than the STI.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by jaydizzle82
i said mustangs...didnt say cobra's thats a different animal...but mach 1's and bolt on gt's are fkn easy kthnx

and what mustang has 400hp stock? oh yea and 1 more thing 150 shot plus 4.6 mustang gt = bye bye plastic intake

u fkn retard
You can not beat, let alone "walk" a true modified gt, mach1, steeda, saleen, or cobra. All of these cars are Mustangs.

Here is a Mustang with 400 hp stock. http://modernracer.com/fordmustangsvtcobra.html

My Cavalier, with a 2.2L engine gained 132 horsepower with modifications. If an engine with double the displacement, starts out with 305 horspower and gains 132 horspower, you have 437 horsepower. And with larger displacement you're gonna get larger gains. Not to mention that if my 2.2 ecotec handles a 75 shot, an engine twice as big can obviously handle a 150 shot. My friend's Mach 1 in fact handles a 250 shot. If you have proof that your srt-4 has over 400 hp, the minimal amout of horses one of these truly modified Mustangs has, I'll believe you. Until then, I need not cuss and call you names as you do me, cause it's obvious I'm right and you are wrong.

Also........300+175=475.

EFI WET NITROUS SYSTEM - 2005 Mustang GT
Part #82034
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A complete wet nitrous system that fits the new Mustang GT perfectly!

Standard, off-the-shelf nitrous kits will not fit the 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Due to a fuel system redesign, special components are needed to install a nitrous kit. ZEX™ is the first manufacturer to engineer an application-specific kit for the new 2005 Mustang GT that includes all of the special parts needed for an easy, 2 hour installation.

Along with the required, Mustang specific parts, the ZEX™ system also features the most technically advanced performance features of any system on the market. The ZEX™ system uses patented “Active Fuel Control” that automatically adjusts nitrous fuel enrichment with bottle pressure; the engine never runs too rich or too lean. Our system also features a patented electronic TPS switch for perfect system activation at wide open throttle. Power settings are fully adjustable from 75-175 horsepower with the included tuning jets. For more information, contact ZEX™ at 1-888-817-1008.

Also, A GT with Bolt on's. Cold air intake, headers, and exhaust ONLY, has 330whp. That doesn't count chips, injector upgrades, weight reductions, ignition upgrades, bigger throttle bodies, bigger intake manifolds. With all of those we're talking over 400whp. That's not going with forced air or Nitrous. Show me a dyno of your srt-4 over 400whp and I'll gladly believe you ...by the way...A stage three srt-4 has 355hp.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:37 PM

evos are nice cars but i still love my SS

Quick Reply: Word to the wise... Do not try and race an Evo VIII!