War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Word to the wise... Do not try and race an Evo VIII!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wesmanw02
You said it right here, I suppose you are having trouble remembering what you wrote considering its all BS:
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Let's not talk about modded cars, now. I could probably build a Fox Mustang faster than any Evo in existance for under $10k total investment, but talking about modded cars doesn't prove anything.
Blaine said that so I said for under 10k that foxbody won't run lows 9s (what EVOs run) for very long. I never compared the durability, between the two. Learn to read.

Once again bashing roll racing just because your car gets owned from a roll. Grow up. Roll racing shows exactly which vehicle is faster, being that theres no launch to screw up and very little possible driver error. You just stomp the gas and go. The slower car generally loses, hence the reason you are so sore on the subject of roll racing
Roll racing is dumb, stop talking about it. Like I said when the N.R.R.A. starts up then talk about it.

You say there is "no way in hell" a 400HP Camaro would be able to beat an Evo with 300HP?? Pull your head out of your ass riceboy, the Evo wouldn't have a prayer against a car weighing about the same with 100 extra horsepower. What, do you think the extra 100 ponies just vanish into thin air in the presence of the all mighty Evo??
Now I am a riceboy?? Good one. Now the new Camaro only weighs about 3200lbs ? Get real.

No, its just pretty obvious that you've never driven a car with a V8. If you did, you would realize just how laggy most turbo cars are - especially ones like the Evo, with a small 4 cylinder engine coupled to a massive turbo.
Are you even old enought to drive??? You obviously haven't driven an EVO or STI, I would guess you haven't driven any turbo car. Stop talking and read what we said about this "lag" you keep babbling about.

You have fun replacing your clutch after all those 5,000RPM clutch drops. You guys don't have a clue how hard that is on the clutch and tranmission, it falls under the category of "drivetrain abuse". Theres no way any clutch can last more than a few thousand miles when you beat on it like that, especially considering that theres hardly any wheelspin due to the AWD.
I have 5,000 miles on my STI and I launch and power shift ALL the time ever since I bought it. Guess what?...the car runs perfect. Once again you have no clue what you are talking about. Just grasping at straws.

Funny how some newbie comes in here and starts telling people they don't know what they're talking about. Its also interesting how all 3 of you trolls own Evos or STi's. Go back to the Evo/STi forums, we don't need you trolling around here.

I guess I should feel really scared that your car can "handle in the twisties". You know what, next time someone challenges you to a race, tell them you'll "race them in the twisties". Then see how long it takes them to stop laughing in your face.

You say I "know nothing"?? Considering you don't know me, you don't know what vehicles I've driven, you don't know how much experience I have, and you have a whopping 10 posts, I suggest you STFU. You just keep believing that theres no such thing as turbo lag and that the Evo is the best car ever made, maybe one day you'll wake up in the real world
Here we go again, your post count somehow equals your IQ. You don't even have a car. Why are YOU trolling on these boards?? Go back to your high school message board and talk about removing pimples.

Do me a favor once you get a car, go drive around and find a track for roll racing. Oh wait there are none.

BTW, how many MPG does the Huffy get???
Old 02-08-2006, 02:44 AM

wesmanw02, I've never driven a V8... Haha. Yah, that's it. I do know about V8's and their wide power band. I hear it everyday from my friend with his C5. I've driven it. Thank god he's not as closed minded as you. He's an die hard American car fanatic, but he appreciates that there are different ways to achieve faster time. I like the fact that you can lug around at 1k. I like being able to shift from 1st to 4th because of the amount of low end torque. I look at it like going from a 600cc motorcycle to a 1000cc one. The power is there. You don't have to worry about what your rev range is, etc etc. I never said that the power of a Turbo'd car was there at the tap of the gas. But you make it sound like it's a giant on/off switch everytime you get on the gas. On the Evo, yes, you go get lag IF you're below 3k. But if I was "racing," why would I be below 3k anyways?

You talk about roll racing and how we don't like it because it's a weak point. Well, let's talk about twisties. Probably a weak point for the Camaro. Or perhaps a dig. Where both do pretty evenly. I never said the AWD was God's gift to man. However, it's a pretty versatile performance car. I can take it to the track, do fairly well, as well as take it to a road course and mop up the course. I don't think the Camaro or a GTO can say the same thing. Also, last time I checked, there was no event for roll racing. I've never been to a track and been challendged to a 1/4mi race starting at 5mph. If you have, can you tell me your times and trap speed?

Take the roll race. Show that you have a better car. Take the 1/4 or a road course, show you are a better DRIVER.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wasey13
Roll racing is dumb, stop talking about it. Like I said when the N.R.R.A. starts up then talk about it.
Once again, thats just your useless opinion. And thats a typical response of someone who owns a WRX, seeing as your car sucks at anything other than a dig compared to other vehicles in the same price range.

Now I am a riceboy?? Good one. Now the new Camaro only weighs about 3200lbs ? Get real.
I don't know, but the way you talk makes it seem that you really are just a dumb ricer. You say a 300HP Evo will beat a 400HP Camaro. That alone make it pretty obvious that you're just a straight up ricer, not to mention a complete Moron.

Are you even old enought to drive??? You obviously haven't driven an EVO or STI, I would guess you haven't driven any turbo car. Stop talking and read what we said about this "lag" you keep babbling about.
Old enough to drive?? I'm willing to bet I'm older that you punk. And yes, I've ridden in/driven Evo's and STi's, and I can't say I was very impressed. They take off hard, but then the power tapers off as the speed goes up. You act as if turbo lag is nonexistant, pull your head out of your ass. Unless your turbo is completely spooled at idle, than you have turbo lag.

I have 5,000 miles on my STI and I launch and power shift ALL the time ever since I bought it. Guess what?...the car runs perfect. Once again you have no clue what you are talking about. Just grasping at straws.
Congratulations, you want a cookie?? You just keep abusing your car, and we'll see how long it lasts. Just because it hasn't broken yet doesn't mean you aren't causing excessive wear damage. 5K miles may not be enough to blow anything out, but we'll be having the last laugh when you need a new trans and clutch at 20K miles.

Here we go again, your post count somehow equals your IQ. You don't even have a car. Why are YOU trolling on these boards?? Go back to your high school message board and talk about removing pimples.

Do me a favor once you get a car, go drive around and find a track for roll racing. Oh wait there are none.
Did I say post count had anything to do with IQ?? No I didn't, so don't put words in my mouth fool. My reference was that its pretty obvious what you and Liquid are here for, and thats to troll about STi's and Evo's. Liquid only has a few posts because he only replys when he wants to troll about his beloved Evo. Well I got bad news for you, but nobody cares. If people wanted those cars they would have bought them in the first place instead of getting Cobalts and joining a Cobalt site. Hence the reason you should just leave, and go hang out on an STi/Evo site. Maybe they will want you there, because you are nothing but an annoyance around here.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:34 PM

Once again, thats just your useless opinion. And thats a typical response of someone who owns a WRX, seeing as your car sucks at anything other than a dig compared to other vehicles in the same price range.
Yah, those damn WRX's suck at Road racing... Lord have mercy that's what they were deisgned for. When the car 1st came out, I swear I saw the ads advertising it, "Designed for the DIG!"

I check the forums out because I like to see the competition out there. I appreciate competition, because without it, you wouldn't see faster and faster cars. I can appreciate the Colbalt SS and the Redline Ion. I commend American car manufacturer's for finally getting in the game. In fact, I used to have a Stage 2 SRT-4. The drove that motor without mercy, and it still held up. The reason I traded for the Evo wanted something that could handle as well as go fast.

The reason I opened my mouth is because I can't stand the mis-conceptions that get spouted out here. I'm been reasonable. Obviously to a point that you can't come back and refute my arguements. I, unlike you, can appreciate all cars and what they were DESIGNED for.

What's your 1/4mi time and trap speed in the the 5mph rolling 1/4mi?
Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Liquid-R1
Yah, those damn WRX's suck at Road racing... Lord have mercy that's what they were deisgned for. When the car 1st came out, I swear I saw the ads advertising it, "Designed for the DIG!"
Way to be a smartass. I was referring to straight line racing, not road or rally racing. People don't generally catch other drivers at a light or on the highway and challenge them to a "road course". You'd just get laughed at for being a retard.

The reason I opened my mouth is because I can't stand the mis-conceptions that get spouted out here. I'm been reasonable. Obviously to a point that you can't come back and refute my arguements. I, unlike you, can appreciate all cars and what they were DESIGNED for.
Well I'd like to know what "misconceptions" you are talking about. I'm just telling it like it is, but Wasey likes to argue against the facts. He claims that an Evo would beat a 400HP Camaro. Thats just plain stupid and unreasonable, and thats the kind of things talking about that are BS. I hope you have the common sense to realize that Evos and STi's only run low-mid 13's with a hard lauch, if you lauch the car at a reasonable RPM or go from a roll, they are nothing special at all. I agree that they handle well, but handling is useless in a straight line race, and thats how the majority of races are won.

What's your 1/4mi time and trap speed in the the 5mph rolling 1/4mi?
Well that depends what vehicle you're taking about, but I can tell you that the 5-60MPH time for your Evo is about 6.5 seconds. Not only that, but if you launch your Evo from a sane RPM, like 2000, your car is only going to run a mid-high 14. Not exactly very impressive performance for the price.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:22 PM

Way to be a smartass. I was referring to straight line racing, not road or rally racing. People don't generally catch other drivers at a light or on the highway and challenge them to a "road course". You'd just get laughed at for being a retard.
Last I checked, anything other than a dig wasn't limited to just straight line racing. Read your previous post.

Again, it's about power to weight. We don't know what a 400hp Camaro is gonna run. But let's look at the GTO since we have those numbers to bench race. Courtesy of Car and Driver, the Pontiac GTO runs 13.3 @ 107. The Evo runs 13.4 sec @ 104 mph. Not exactly the slaughter you make it to be. Is the Goat gonna keep on pulling him after that? Hell yah, but it's not exactly as big a difference as you make it in the 1/4. Once again, the Evo was never designed to be a 1/4 drag car. The money you pay was for the suspension, brakes and the AWD resulting in a better handling car.

Once again, you miss the point. I asked what your time and trap speed was in the 1/4mi from a 5mph. You don't have an answer because NO one times that sort of event.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:29 PM

damn i hate magazines.....13.1 people....13.1 bone stock on street tires.......
Old 02-08-2006, 07:27 PM

Well that depends what vehicle you're taking about, but I can tell you that the 5-60MPH time for your Evo is about 6.5 seconds. Not only that, but if you launch your Evo from a sane RPM, like 2000, your car is only going to run a mid-high 14. Not exactly very impressive performance for the price.
Nice try the EVO/STi will run 13 second 1/4 mile even with a 2000 RPM launch
Old 02-08-2006, 07:40 PM

I'd take an sti over an evo even though I think evo's look better. Are there 5 stages and two race stages of upgrades on an evo? There are for an sti....and they are both freakin scary as far as 4 cylinders are concerned. If you wanna talk about price wise. Theres a 406hp 2002 Zo6 that's on sale at a local dealer here with only 11k miles for $33000. If I was gonna pay $30000 for a car, that would be it.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by traviskearney
I'd take an sti over an evo even though I think evo's look better. Are there 5 stages and two race stages of upgrades on an evo? There are for an sti....and they are both freakin scary as far as 4 cylinders are concerned. If you wanna talk about price wise. Theres a 406hp 2002 Zo6 that's on sale at a local dealer here with only 11k miles for $33000. If I was gonna pay $30000 for a car, that would be it.
Travis, there are different stages from different tuners, but I don't think there is an official path. The general consensus between the 2 is if you're gonna mod, get the Evo. If you're gonna stay stock, get the STi. The Evo seems to be a lot less expensive to mod in the end.

Heck, I paid $1200, and got 50awhp out of my Evo. I'm sure I could have done it cheaper if I really wanted to as well...
Old 02-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomt5078
Nice try the EVO/STi will run 13 second 1/4 mile even with a 2000 RPM launch
Spoken like a truely clueless fanboy who has never heard of the concept called turbo lag. If you launch or punch the gas in an Evo or STi from any RPM below where the turbo spools there is nothing. Completely gutless. Therefore a 2K RPM launch would bog the engine down to about 1500RPM, at which point it would slowly pull until it got into boost after a few thousand RPM. Thats going to result in a mid-high 14 second pass, whether you like it or not.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

I don't know, but the way you talk makes it seem that you really are just a dumb ricer. You say a 300HP Evo will beat a 400HP Camaro. That alone make it pretty obvious that you're just a straight up ricer, not to mention a complete Moron.
Wow, for the nth time I also have a 280z. In less then 5 hours I can change the rear end on it and gear it to probably do 180. But that is stupid, there is never a reason to go that fast(unless you trap that fast ) and also I DON'T care about roll racing. Funny that you keep calling me a ricer, when I and most people consider people that only want or only can go from a roll to be ricers. Roll racing is dumb, period. Put some money into your car so it can hook it is not that complicated. Nice insults, ricer with no car

Old enough to drive?? I'm willing to bet I'm older that you punk. And yes, I've ridden in/driven Evo's and STi's, and I can't say I was very impressed. They take off hard, but then the power tapers off as the speed goes up. You act as if turbo lag is nonexistant, pull your head out of your ass. Unless your turbo is completely spooled at idle, than you have turbo lag.
I'm 20 and I act more mature, so I assumed you were 15-16. 1st-4th my STI pulls harder then a lot of fast V8s that I have been in and driven so I think you are BSin about riding and/or driving them. NO DUH, there is turbo lag but 2.5l really helps and VVT on the 2.0l EVO helps too, so it isn't some long process that you seem to think it is, another reason I don't think you have driver or ridden in an EVO or STI.

Congratulations, you want a cookie?? You just keep abusing your car, and we'll see how long it lasts. Just because it hasn't broken yet doesn't mean you aren't causing excessive wear damage. 5K miles may not be enough to blow anything out, but we'll be having the last laugh when you need a new trans and clutch at 20K miles.
Blah blah blah, this is what I bought the car for, 100 dollars says my clutch and tranny will be fine at 20k miles. Assuming you are old enough to work, take the bet. Who are "we"??? Cobalt SS owners??? You don't have a car, why are you saying we??

Did I say post count had anything to do with IQ?? No I didn't, so don't put words in my mouth fool. My reference was that its pretty obvious what you and Liquid are here for, and thats to troll about STi's and Evo's. Liquid only has a few posts because he only replys when he wants to troll about his beloved Evo. Well I got bad news for you, but nobody cares. If people wanted those cars they would have bought them in the first place instead of getting Cobalts and joining a Cobalt site. Hence the reason you should just leave, and go hang out on an STi/Evo site. Maybe they will want you there, because you are nothing but an annoyance around here.
You said that he[liquid] didn't know anything cause he was a newbie, he is only a newbie because of his post count. Don't back pedal and nice another insult . Like Liquid, I respect all cars, and really like the Cobalt, but unlike you I have a grasp on reality and know what cars can and cannot do. I am willing to bet another 100 dollars that more people would agree with me on this subject and also find you more annoying then liquid or me.

Spoken like a truely clueless fanboy who has never heard of the concept called turbo lag. If you launch or punch the gas in an Evo or STi from any RPM below where the turbo spools there is nothing. Completely gutless. Therefore a 2K RPM launch would bog the engine down to about 1500RPM, at which point it would slowly pull until it got into boost after a few thousand RPM. Thats going to result in a mid-high 14 second pass, whether you like it or not.
Spoken like someone that is a babbling straw grasper. My car takes off fine at 2000 RPM(2.5l remember), I tell you what though, I am going to the track the 26th. There I will take off at 2000RPM and we will see what I run.

Also, why do you keep dodging my questions, what kind of car do you have???? Or how good of gas mileage does your huffy get??
Old 02-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Banned

Wow, for the nth time I also have a 280z. In less then 5 hours I can change the rear end on it and gear it to probably do 180. But that is stupid, there is never a reason to go that fast(unless you trap that fast ) and also I DON'T care about roll racing. Funny that you keep calling me a ricer, when I and most people consider people that only want or only can go from a roll to be ricers. Roll racing is dumb, period. Put some money into your car so it can hook it is not that complicated. Nice insults, ricer with no car
Thats awesome for you. Too bad nobody asked nor cares.

As for my car?? You just keep thinking I don't own one. If you had any common sense you would have spotted numerous posts were I make references to the suject. Of course you only troll in the posts involving imports vs. domestic, so I'm not surprised that you didn't pick up on any of that.

I'm 20 and I act more mature, so I assumed you were 15-16. 1st-4th my STI pulls harder then a lot of fast V8s that I have been in and driven so I think you are BSin about riding and/or driving them. NO DUH, there is turbo lag but 2.5l really helps and VVT on the 2.0l EVO helps too, so it isn't some long process that you seem to think it is, another reason I don't think you have driver or ridden in an EVO or STI.
Mature?? You must be kidding. Somehow I don't see many "mature" people coming in and saying things like "roll racing = teh ghey". Thats the kind of thing that would come out of the mouth of a 16 year old with a riced out Honda. And for the record, I have driven and ridden in both Evos and WRX's. I suppose your just awestruck that I wasn't extremely impressed. Hate to imform you, but not everybody likes those cars as much as you do. Something about a small 4 cylinder with a huge turbo in a 4 door sedan that sounds like ass didn't impress me. Wonder why.

Blah blah blah, this is what I bought the car for, 100 dollars says my clutch and tranny will be fine at 20k miles. Assuming you are old enough to work, take the bet. Who are "we"??? Cobalt SS owners??? You don't have a car, why are you saying we??
Believe what you want, but you can't argue with the laws of physics. Abusing your vehicle like that will eventually take its toll, whether you think it will or not.

You said that he[liquid] didn't know anything cause he was a newbie, he is only a newbie because of his post count. Don't back pedal and nice another insult . Like Liquid, I respect all cars, and really like the Cobalt, but unlike you I have a grasp on reality and know what cars can and cannot do. I am willing to bet another 100 dollars that more people would agree with me on this subject and also find you more annoying then liquid or me.
Show me where I said he "didn't know anything". I didn't say that, therefore you can't. You say people will find me annoying?? Somehow I don't see how an Evo/STI owner that trolls around a Cobalt site and jumps on people who don't like imports isn't annoying.

Spoken like someone that is a babbling straw grasper. My car takes off fine at 2000 RPM(2.5l remember), I tell you what though, I am going to the track the 26th. There I will take off at 2000RPM and we will see what I run.

Also, why do you keep dodging my questions, what kind of car do you have???? Or how good of gas mileage does your huffy get??
You've used the "grasping at straws" bullshit about 10 times already. And everytime you say that I can prove you wrong. Give it up already. And you have fun dropping the clutch at 2,000RPM at the track, I'll be in the stands laughing my ass off as your car jerks forward and stalls
Old 02-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Banned

Thats awesome for you. Too bad nobody asked nor cares.

As for my car?? You just keep thinking I don't own one. If you had any common sense you would have spotted numerous posts were I make references to the suject. Of course you only troll in the posts involving imports vs. domestic, so I'm not surprised that you didn't pick up on any of that.

Mature?? You must be kidding. Somehow I don't see many "mature" people coming in and saying things like "roll racing = teh ghey". Thats the kind of thing that would come out of the mouth of a 16 year old with a riced out Honda. And for the record, I have driven and ridden in both Evos and WRX's. I suppose your just awestruck that I wasn't extremely impressed. Hate to imform you, but not everybody likes those cars as much as you do. Something about a small 4 cylinder with a huge turbo in a 4 door sedan that sounds like ass didn't impress me. Wonder why.
You are saying the Cobalt SS/SC sounds better then the STI and EVO??? When the Camaro comes out lets compare sales against the STI and EVO and see which cars most people like more. Also I have heard people with cars faster then anybody's on this site say roll racing is dumb.

Believe what you want, but you can't argue with the laws of physics. Abusing your vehicle like that will eventually take its toll, whether you think it will or not.
You taking the bet?

Show me where I said he "didn't know anything". I didn't say that, therefore you can't. You say people will find me annoying?? Somehow I don't see how an Evo/STI owner that trolls around a Cobalt site and jumps on people who don't like imports isn't annoying.
You don't own a Cobalt. You just troll, bashing imports.

You've used the "grasping at straws" bullshit about 10 times already. And everytime you say that I can prove you wrong. Give it up already. And you have fun dropping the clutch at 2,000RPM at the track, I'll be in the stands laughing my ass off as your car jerks forward and stalls
Who said anything about dropping the clutch at 2000rpm? You just said launch at it.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 AM

I was a huge fan of the STI, and respect the hell out of the evo (I'm a WRC fan), both very well made cars but the simple fact that the SS/SC is different is what I love about it. Only thing I wonder is with the $10,000 difference, what could I do to the SS/SC with $10k that could make it compete with either of those two beasts
Old 02-09-2006, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, i guess my post got deleted. i guess it's a good thing tho. i became very angry and expressed my feelings a little too well. oh well. i'll try to stay out of this thread. but man, "one" of you has no clue what he is talking about.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by kades420
I was a huge fan of the STI, and respect the hell out of the evo (I'm a WRC fan), both very well made cars but the simple fact that the SS/SC is different is what I love about it. Only thing I wonder is with the $10,000 difference, what could I do to the SS/SC with $10k that could make it compete with either of those two beasts
There's no doubt that 10k is a lot of money that could be put to good use. The motors are the SS and the Redline are quite impressive and has quite a lot of potential. Remember though, that the $10,000 difference was not just spent on just the motor in the Evo. The AWD is a huge chunk in itself I'm sure. Add to that the Brakes, rims, additional spot welds, aluminum hood, and wider body and you start to see exact where the 10k is going. The Evo and Sti's are not one trick ponies. There main focus has always been handling. For 30k, you're getting a go-kart that can compete with cars costing $20k more. A side effect of the AWD system is that they make for excellent launches and pretty decent 1/4mi times. But remember, the Evo and STi got their roots from rally racing. It wasn't designed for high speed performance (i.e. roll racing.)

As for racing, the only place I know of where you can roll race is on the streets. You can't go to your local track and get a timed event in roll racing. Personally, I believe a mature person will take it to the track...
Old 02-09-2006, 04:37 AM

Yeah, I kind of forgot what they were made for, I was caught up in the street racing sceen for a second. The only thing that hurts my feelings 90% of the people that own them here in So Cal never even think about looking at a track or any type of ralley, they are just concerned with launching the car.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:15 AM

Wow I guess since I own an STi I would know what you your talking about, but I don't. Cause your wrong. Trust me it's a 13 second car if even if launched at 2000 RPM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by kades420
Yeah, I kind of forgot what they were made for, I was caught up in the street racing sceen for a second. The only thing that hurts my feelings 90% of the people that own them here in So Cal never even think about looking at a track or any type of ralley, they are just concerned with launching the car.
Don't worry, I get the same thing in Nor Cal. Luckily, we have a couple tracks (Thunder Hill, Laguna Seca, and Willows) that are not too far away. And we have enough backroads to keep it fun!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Banned

You are saying the Cobalt SS/SC sounds better then the STI and EVO??? When the Camaro comes out lets compare sales against the STI and EVO and see which cars most people like more. Also I have heard people with cars faster then anybody's on this site say roll racing is dumb.
Sound is subjective. Personally though I think the 2.0 S/C sounds better than either the Evo or STi.

You don't own a Cobalt. You just troll, bashing imports.
What site are we on again?? Thats right, a site about Chevrolet Cobalts. You are lost, go back to yor STi forums.

Originally Posted by Tomt5078
Wow I guess since I own an STi I would know what you your talking about, but I don't. Cause your wrong. Trust me it's a 13 second car if even if launched at 2000 RPM.
The STi is only runs 13's with a hard launch. Launch the car at 2K RPMs an its just going to bog down or stall. Don't believe me?? Go to the track, launch at 2K, and see what you run. I guarentee you won't be seeing anything close to low 13's.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM

I beat an 05 WRX from a roll....
Old 02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
360 L337 User

me too
Old 02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
360 L337 User

i was also smoked by an sti. at 155 he left me like i was parked.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Wow this thread really got out of hand. I learned several months ago that most people on this board have it out for the EVO and STI (you always hate what you fear or covet). No matter how much data you point to, they are going to believe what they want; when the data contradicts the argument, people start pulling stuff out of the air, or more appropriately stated in this instance comparing inflated dyno sheets of one car to understated dyno sheets of another.

If anyone feels that the argument is lost, they chime in with the “if I had that extra 10 thousand dollars I could…” The fact is you don’t have that 10 grand, or else you would have spent it on your car already (e.g. better car from the start, or tons of modifications).

The argument will never be won, so everyone just agree to disagree. Let the truth be told on the street and at the track.

Can the moderators please do us all a favor and close this freaking thread.

Quick Reply: Word to the wise... Do not try and race an Evo VIII!