War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolvr2006
It's only because you are awesome and no Evo or STi driver can touch your awesomeness!!

Our track here sucks pretty bad as far as prep is concerned so the majority of GTO's I see run 14's. I've seen 6.0L ones running mid 14's consistently. And that's multiple GTO's.

Yet somehow my car managed a 12.6 with exhaust and off the shelf tune at only 20psi....with a messed up clutch. With my brother driving it.

Of course to further my proof here is a video of me embarassing my friends GTO. I was at 21psi (exhaust, tune and an extra half a psi or so from stock) and we went from like a 40 roll.

Quick race with GTO.Song- Adema- The Way You Like ItSnot- Snot

I know it's an 04, but I have like 2 performance mods. And we went from a roll. Plus, I had an extra passenger, he did not.

I'm not saying GTO's are slow, but they aren't godlike. I like my friends GTO, it's actually a very nice car to drive. It does feel heavy, but it's comfortable, has power everything, and is much quieter to cruise down the road in than my own car. But it's still far, far, far from invincible.

Oh yeah, and an STi can run 12.9's stock. It's not THAT hard. It just takes a somewhat skilled driver and decent track conditions. I've seen more stock STi's run low 13's than GTO's.

all im gonna say is ive raced one evo granted it was a roll race but with the way they handled a 40 roll race i would NEVER buy one , i would never buy a car that you HAVE to treat like **** in order to run good ET's and what i mean by that is the STi lacks so much topend that if you dont launch the **** out of it your time will suffer , Sti's might as well just race 60 foot races
Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

It took an 18g + support on an STi to keep up with my Stock GTO. Stock STi's have been slaughtered, sent back to the dealership crying for a refund.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM

hmmmm i thought this thread was questioning why all the cobalt gto thread get closed not gto is faster than everything
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
It took an 18g + support on an STi to keep up with my Stock GTO. Stock STi's have been slaughtered, sent back to the dealership crying for a refund.
From a roll you should walk him...From a stop hes gonna out launch you on street tires. On street tires...esp on the street...hes gonna kick ur as everytime...twice the traction.

lol u guys just dont quit and refuse to comprehend
Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Wow... so the GTO owners (who, by the way, usually call us Cobalt owners "ricers") are now claiming that they prefer to "roll race" instead of go from a dig? Real racing is roll racing now? I want your official "roll racing" timeslips please. Until you show me roll racing timeslips for both an STi and a GTO, I refuse to believe that your GTO runs... wait... what does it run in a roll race? How do you measure... ahh nevermind.

LOL. Seriously. LOL.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
all im gonna say is ive raced one evo granted it was a roll race but with the way they handled a 40 roll race i would NEVER buy one , i would never buy a car that you HAVE to treat like **** in order to run good ET's and what i mean by that is the STi lacks so much topend that if you dont launch the **** out of it your time will suffer , Sti's might as well just race 60 foot races

Well certain cars are for certain people. I would own a GTO cause it's a comfortabe cruiser, but I wouldn't own it for speed. I'll take an LS1 powered f-body first. Or in my personal case, a FD LS1 powered RX-7.

I actually prefer to roll race cause then I know my car is at a disadvantage and that's fine by me. I'd rather not beat on my car to get great 1/4 mile times. Like here's a couple vids:

Video of my MRSong- Bullet for my Valentine- All these things

Evo IX MR vs SRT-4 Different Race

Lancer Evo IX MR-- Exhaust, tune, MBC, drop-in vs. Spec-V with 75 shot and not sure what else.*Note: Guy in Sentra said he could beat any Evo there.

I have a bunch that aren't uploaded. The point is that a lot of people talk ****, but a lot of the time it's just crappy drivers or improperly setup cars.

In my cars current form, I'll take a stock 5.7 or 6.0l GTO easily in any straight line race. And it ony has a couple mods. While at the same time I could easily take a GTO in any other competition that involves cars and racing (road course, off road, slalom, auto-x, skidpad, braking, etc).

GTO is still a nice car, but it trumps an Evo and STi in very, very few things.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

Street start is a magazine statistic for all you magazine racers.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

all i know is that slow sho ran a 13.0 stock and then a 12.5 with catback and tires LMAO jesus thats ridiculous , if he tuned it and put longtubes hed hit 11's for under 2,000 and it would be pretty much STOCK
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
Wow... so the GTO owners (who, by the way, usually call us Cobalt owners "ricers") are now claiming that they prefer to "roll race" instead of go from a dig? Real racing is roll racing now? I want your official "roll racing" timeslips please. Until you show me roll racing timeslips for both an STi and a GTO, I refuse to believe that your GTO runs... wait... what does it run in a roll race? How do you measure... ahh nevermind.

LOL. Seriously. LOL.
Yep. The GTO guys over here pretty much established themselves as roll ricers!!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
hmmmm i thought this thread was questioning why all the cobalt gto thread get closed not gto is faster than everything
Didn't you know? The GTO is faster than everything. I've even heard that Lance Armstrong refuses to race them, and Chuck Norris backed down from a fight with a GTO.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 AM

all i know is that slow sho ran a 13.0 stock and then a 12.5 with catback and tires LMAO jesus thats ridiculous , if he tuned it and put longtubes hed hit 11's for under 2,000 and it would be pretty much STOCK
Stock means as it came from the factory...that is basically a full bolt on car if u add an intake/tb to that. And for what the gto headers cost u could get a whole turbo back, boost controller, intake and tune for an evo and run 11s all day long. Prob even have some leftover money for meth or a larger intercooler in there as well.

There are other cars that deliver the same performance for equal or less money invested...just the method in how they deliver the performance and the other benefits they provide are different.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 AM

doubt your going to drop 5 tenths from headers alone, the tire is what helped his times out that much
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 AM

I HATE racing from rolls, everyone I try to race wants to go from rolls though??? Hell I launched on my friends' wrx the other night and kept right with him out of the hole then walked right by like it was nothing....hes got a Cobb stage II or something, I dunno.....He launched like he should have though, but I got a real nice hook too so....who knows....thats one race out of a million
Old 08-29-2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
I HATE racing from rolls, everyone I try to race wants to go from rolls though??? Hell I launched on my friends' wrx the other night and kept right with him out of the hole then walked right by like it was nothing....hes got a Cobb stage II or something, I dunno.....He launched like he should have though, but I got a real nice hook too so....who knows....thats one race out of a million
I doubt he was launching right. If your best 60' is a 2.2x from your sig and u kept up with him he isnt launching right at all. Subbies are 1.8xx in reg wrx form and 1.6xx-1.7xx in sti trim.

stage 2 cobbs arent that quick iirc...esp with the 2.0L motor
Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned

What the hell don't some of you butthurt folks understand?

I don't have a attitude about my GTO and neither does the other GTO owners here.

The **** started when a few SS/SC people claimed they killed a GTO with simple mods making maybe 270whp. We knew that was BS and we called it.

Now the AWD crew wants to join in a say a STi or EVO will do this and that better.

So how are we ******** for simply saying wake the **** up your dreaming?

Seriously though ricers whack off to the STi and EVO but we american car guys just laugh.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by codyss
What the hell don't some of you butthurt folks understand?

I don't have a attitude about my GTO and neither does the other GTO owners here.

The **** started when a few SS/SC people claimed they killed a GTO with simple mods making maybe 270whp. We knew that was BS and we called it.

Now the AWD crew wants to join in a say a STi or EVO will do this and that better.

So how are we ******** for simply saying wake the **** up your dreaming?

Seriously though ricers whack off to the STi and EVO but we american car guys just laugh.
Its not bs...I trapped 109 while only dynoing 265whp...last I checked that is a damned good race for a stock ls2 and will beat a stock ls1

Your ******** because u refuse to accept the car (sti/evo) is equal in straight line and superior everywhere else. You also refuse to believe about the cobalt when its true as well.

The above attitude that gto>all and nothing can touch it is the problem
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 AM

na that was some guy on ls1GTO , i need to get a video camera , its like everytime i have 300 dollars to buy one i just think to myself , if i save this and 300 more my GTO will be way faster
I was gonna say DAMN man that things fast enough...but...I don't think thats possible is it?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by djt81185
Its not bs...I trapped 109 while only dynoing 265whp...last I checked that is a damned good race for a stock ls2 and will beat a stock ls1

Your ******** because u refuse to accept the car (sti/evo) is equal in straight line and superior everywhere else. You also refuse to believe about the cobalt when its true as well.

The above attitude that gto>all and nothing can touch it is the problem

Sorry but 265whp isn't going to touch a LS2 and thats not my opinion it's fact.

By the way I don't care what you trapped at because it was most likely attached to a 14.3 ET with a 2.4 sixty foot.

And Sti's and EVO's aren't just as fast nor superior everywhere else. They are AWD go carts so obviously they will corner and stop a little better. Who gives a **** are you going to bring up 60-0mph or skidpad stats now?

Both cars are just a nice big band-aid for drivers who suck.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM

By the way I don't care what you trapped at because it was most likely attached to a 14.3 ET with a 2.4 sixty foot.

And Sti's and EVO's aren't just as fast nor superior everywhere else. They are AWD go carts so obviously they will corner and stop a little better. Who gives a **** are you going to bring up 60-0mph or skidpad stats now?

It was a 14.0 w/ a 2.3 (busted 1-2 synchro)...yet Wsfrazier got a 13.4@108 2.2xx and dynoed 10 less hp then me...same dyno same day. Trust me your "facts" are wrong. My car is 800lb lighter too lol.

Tell me where a gto is superior to an sti/evo (other then trap speed/top end) and ill admit defeat on that fact. Corner or stop a lil better...try ALOT lol...damn land yacht owners

Not to mention atleast the evo/sti rear wing is functional...yours isnt
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 AM

^^^ So you're the typical RWD > * kinda of guy? No one is going to bring up stopping stats... but I will gladly bring up auto-x. Or is that not considered "real" racing by you roll racers?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

265 WHP probably wont pull a GTO , well a 6.0 , it will probably pull the 5.7
Old 08-29-2007, 10:48 AM

i can confim that WSFrazier, who is ~265whp cobalt, was a damn close race against my stock 6.0

you guys need to be realistic
Old 08-29-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by djt81185
Its not bs...I trapped 109 while only dynoing 265whp..
a wonderful trap speed at that power level...

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
^^^ So you're the typical RWD > * kinda of guy? No one is going to bring up stopping stats...
Ok....

I am sure if we raced from a dig that you would stop much sooner then me...

but figure, you'd be slowing down/braking at around 100mph where I would be breaking at 140mph or so, as i'd be way off in the distance..

you would stop sooner..

see, i can admit it...

Last edited by LittleMT; 08-29-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by LittleMT
a wonderful trap speed at that power level...

Ok....

I am sure if we raced from a dig that you would stop much sooner then me...

but figure, you'd be slowing down/braking at around 100mph where I would be breaking at 140mph or so, as i'd be way off in the distance..

you would stop sooner..

see, i can admit it...
I think thats a compliment

I think the braking arguement would be based on a stock gto vs the modded cobalt as described...not your srt which i think your using for your braking reference
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 PM

NO FAIR!!!!

My big ol chubby and heavy GTO needs some space to slow all that weight down!

Quick Reply: Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?