Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hmmmm
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eaaaaasy guys. Good grief.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
well, there is that, and something about the OP was odd too, i mean, how many brake pads can you go through in a year?

you'd have to be using them on a track... something don't seem right.
You've never met my friend Jim appearantly. Drive's a guy's Z06 ONCE and sets the pads aflame.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome to the site, i would go with powerslots and EBC pads! and i believe you can get the either at turbotechracing.com or crateenginedepot.com.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by blackjack hotrods
And I dont see any pics of lambo's bumble bee......??
it's in his photo garage
Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 PM

BMWs are great (handle well, brake well, good power) but the negative camber sucks!!!!!!! Be prepared to buy some new sneakers.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by reebabez
ok i love both imperial and laser, sorry zen, you got some in the shade there, shoulda kept lookin. (and gimme a break i AM a girl....) would've taken either. got stuck with silver, but stays lookin amazinn!!
as for the pin up girl comment lambo. i may be in the car or around it, but not putting up pics washin my car in a bikini or white t-shirt. HAHAHA!! sorry boys, this is not my space-just kiddin. i think i've appointed lambo as my body guard here...lol. should i mention i'm a black belt too?-oh, that's for another forum.
i dont think i got too much work done today... yous are funny i like funny.

as for the brakes...i might go up that ALLEY (ok that was wayyy corny, go ahead, make fun for that)-seems what i'm lookin for...

and i love your bumble bee lambo!! how come not everyone has a lot of pics of their cars?
sweet...now i'm a body guard huh...well i do security and i am a former marine...hmm makes sense..i'll take ya up on that...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
I have an E46 M3, Jet black with black leather, 6 spd, 19's, in dash nav, you know basicly loaded. I picked it up with 20,000 original miles and its a 2003, paid $15,000 + my Cobalt SS sedan in trade for her. Only mods so far are a Dinan flash thats netted me a 12.8 at 111mph in the 1/4 mile. The highest I've had it so far was 175. Heres a pic, lemme know what you think of her, one BMW owner to another.

shes beautiful!! look wonderful in the sun... as far as bimmer beemer i have trouble spelling things that sound the same...and dont really know too much about BMW bikes but a heck of a lot about the cars...the greatest thing about working here for 9 years is the super super discount i get AND every 4 months or so, they take us on a a track to drive all the cars...and these are base cars either!! they're loaded!! and beautiful and we beat the crap outta them...sooo much fun!!!

I have an E46 M3, Jet black with black leather, 6 spd, 19's, in dash nav, you know basicly loaded. I picked it up with 20,000 original miles and its a 2003, paid $15,000 + my Cobalt SS sedan in trade for her. Only mods so far are a Dinan flash thats netted me a 12.8 at 111mph in the 1/4 mile. The highest I've had it so far was 175. Heres a pic, lemme know what you think of her, one BMW owner to another.

As I said, its not a mistake as MOST NON-OWNERS DON'T KNOW WHAT A BIMMER IS!

Shes a manager not a salesperson.

I never said it was did I? I don't belive so. I'M the one wit the M3, not her.

And again way to go making a newbie feel welcome! GREAT JOB!
i can take the heat!! i'm a selling manager, but you're right, i knew a little more as a salesperson, now i don't get to be oh-so-tight with the car and deal with a lot of bull. i was given an m3 demo in '04 i got to keep it a month, and it was sold out from under me!!! and remember i have to KNOW all the details for ALL THE MODELS so sometimes it's a lot to remember or easy to mix up a little...

yeah, so she claims.

but, why have a 335i on an M3 forum?

now, if it was a BMW forum, or a 3 series one, sure... but again, one of their forum posters wouldn't make that mistake with out 3443454345 flames.
and i'm not on that forum im in this one!!! the forum for BMW is MY JOB, i get to talk about them enough all day

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
Ah a fellow NY'er, i'm out in Queens. you need any work done or access to parts, just hit me up. It's what I do lol.
i just might take you up on that...

no, you're right, that's what happened.

personally, i call BS on her. whole thing reeks of troll to me.
call 718-759-5940. Life Quality BMW in BK...find out for yourself. but i'm here for my SS. jeez one mispelling, and missing one day caused a rukus. and JACK thanks, it's cute how you defended me a day while i was out lets not argue, this was fun before that. if you read my first question, i'm here for help because i'm not claiming to be a genius. granted i do know a lot about cars, especially the ones i love, especially mine. but honestly, i see people all day long, and a lot of "men" think they know more than i do, it's like they test me. SO I'M USED TO IT...most of the time i end up embarassing them, others i'm wrong. but i never claimed to be perfect. but i must be doin somethin right if they payin me the big bucks. and i'll tell you one thing, it's not cuz i sit here and look pretty, any BMW owner, or one lookin for one, just like you mentioned before, wants their salesperson to know what they are talkin about, and i didn't train for 9 years (they dont ever stop..) to sit there with a blank look on my face... so please lets leave this and have some laughs. at my expense it's fine with me too

Last edited by reebabez; 04-30-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM

I LOVEEEE CARS!!! YOU SHOULD, SO I CAN SELL YOU ONE!! HAHA-JUST KIDDIN. n i'm sicilian, so i don't take "no" well.

yea, maybe slotted and drilled, but a good point was made...i will go through them faster...but this is the thing. i go through them fast because of the way i drive and i need to stop FAST sometimes, at least once a day i break 100 and that's at least too...i don't drive, i try and show every wussy who thinks he has a car that my lil 2.4L can cream his @$$.

-as for the pictures...they'll be coming. promise. only been here less than a day!!

imperial blue...this was my dream, but i waited 8 weeks for my beemer, wasn't waitin 8 weeks for this baby... nice car!!
If you need to stop fast, I would recommend removing the fuse for the ABS. Anti-lock breaks suck if you need to stop fast.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:51 AM

well, there is that, and something about the OP was odd too, i mean, how many brake pads can you go through in a year?

you'd have to be using them on a track... something don't seem right.
can i exaggerate, can i misspell, can i joke or inquire? when did this become anylitical (and i dont think i spelled THAT right either) i got mine in july '06 and went through 2 pairs with 16,161 (clocked today) i always think i'm on a track...do you know how much stop and go there is to do in brooklyn? but i think i'm in a race from light to light, cuz i'm always in a rush, and that's a lot of heavy braking. even on the belt parkway (look up the traffic daily), there are always a lot of cars on the road so if you're racing you come up behind a lot of people doing 40, and have to brake and downshift A LOT!!

now can i please stop explaining myself...those of you who want to help and have fun, great. for the others you are more than welcome to do investigations, and hopefully, when i finish all the work i plan on doing...hope to have a good race someday.

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Maybe, maybe not. The only thing I could see is that in one post she had and SS/SC and in another she had a 2.4. That and in doing the math, she's worked with BMW since she was 15.
yes i just turned 16 when i worked for bmw. i started as a receptionist. 2 years later they put me in pre-owned sales, then new and jumped to asst. manager. i posted the phone number for anyone that has an itch to finish being inspector gadget

who sent me a privete message? i can't view it.. anyone who wants... my email is siciliana_maria@hotmail.com
my work email is only for serious buyers.

Last edited by reebabez; 04-30-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 AM

ppl take things a lil literally sometimes...expecially in here....it happens....jus raise a pimp hand to em an they'll shut up..lol
Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM

WOW you really did come back! And look guys a work #, guess she's NOT full of BS after all.

Oh and thank you. You need to get some of your cars up too.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 AM

o yea... my bumble bee is the black one with yellow stripes...6 picture down and in a few others as well..it sticks out https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/pictures-videos-64/1st-annual-cobalts%40cabelas-meet-04-27-08-a-109090/
Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM

as you can tell i'm a tough chick and can handle it i drive a BOY"S CAR!!!

and i'm a highlighted blonde, so i got brains...just need a little help so i can get even more of a laugh when i brutually beat the crap out of someone in a race and roll down my dark tinted windows and see the face of a shocked man that can only laugh and say "oh ****" cuz he got whipped by a chick. I LOVE IT!!
so true all the females here drive Mustangs *GAG*

Originally Posted by blackjack hotrods
And she may not know that the SC is a 2.0 as opposed to the SS/NA 2.4. I know a lot of people who wrongly assume that the SC is the biggest of the 3 motors.
not only is the SC not the biggest .. its the smallest

Last edited by nuttzzy; 04-30-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 AM

HAHAHA- HERE's the fun i missed!! pimp hand!! hahahahaha. yea the pics will come. it just stoped raining and with my 60-70 hr weeks i just need a half day to clean it up, at least halfway nice. i can't wait to put the pics up!! as for girls and mustangs. mustang used to me a man's car, then the chicks saw fast and the furious one too many times and think it's cute, but still can't drive for the life of them, now a stang which was once wonderful became, you know...a bitch car, and it sucks for the boys that have one, had one already, and really love 'em...

yay i'm back!!

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
If you need to stop fast, I would recommend removing the fuse for the ABS. Anti-lock breaks suck if you need to stop fast.
yea, i know, but in that part i'm a girl. i feel like one day i'll need them, you have no idea the tight squeezes i get myself i, specially when i'm racing...

lambo, we go to training for BMW in PA a lot...too bad i can't bring my chevy for those...haha.

Last edited by reebabez; 04-30-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 10:33 AM

aww...yea that sux...well u kno bout the GM ECOtec even down in Englishtown NJ this weekend right?..May 4th...its guna be awesome
Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 AM

no...i don't think i'll make it!! too soon notice!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM

such a shame..lol...i am definitely going....teh DRIFT events are gunna be sweeet....you decide wat brakes an rotors you wanna get yet?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM

I just looked though the entire thread. People can be jerks to test a new member like that. Someone called BS and a troll, wow, how imature. Anyways, I won't let that ruin my day because I hope to pick up my new truck today. 17 years old and still running strong, 1991 GMC Syclone. I'll post up some pics if I pick it up. After a tune I'm hoping to throw down 500+awhp.

Speaking of pics, where are the pics of the sweet silver SS?!?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 AM

as for pics... i'm either washing my baby this sunday or next tuesday, those are the only days i might have time to think, but it's not getting a full detail. dont have time for that yet... it's really disgusting cuz it rained for a week and the green stuff from the trees is all over it and spots and eewww.

i got the stock brakes and rotors for now, but i was thinking of EBC ceramic red stuff. and brake planet.com slotted and drilled rotors silver zinc coated...not so sure on the rotors though.... pretty set on the pads though... thumbs up or down?

i'll put one up and then once i get it nice and clean...which we all know takes a good whole day... i'll take plenty. maybe i'll throw one or two pics of my 335, even though this isn't bimmerfest.com

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I just looked though the entire thread. People can be jerks to test a new member like that. Someone called BS and a troll, wow, how imature. Anyways, I won't let that ruin my day because I hope to pick up my new truck today. 17 years old and still running strong, 1991 GMC Syclone. I'll post up some pics if I pick it up. After a tune I'm hoping to throw down 500+awhp.

can't wait to see it!!

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS

when i got back and read it all, i was like "are they serious?" but anyway, all of you are funny. i don't take anything personal, if i did i wouldn't have survived my living this long. it's totally fine with me for all of you to play and make jokes, even at my expense, but let's not be too serious about it. this is a forum, not an in-person meeting.

and especially since at some meet or another, you may run into one another, make sure you know what your talking about and NEVER assume or under-estimate anyone. remember, you never know "what's under the hood" but you can all feel free to throw one or two at me.

i'd rather prove that i'm not that "mustang chick" but i am still a "chick" so cut me a little slack and let me learn. that's is why i joined, for all of your advice and help

Last edited by reebabez; 04-30-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 11:54 AM

Get someone to video tape oyu washing your car.. a chick washing her own bad ass ride is HOT.....
Old 04-30-2008, 11:54 AM

the pads are good i hear but they are only great when you warm them up because Red Stuff EBC pads are for track racing..tho the Green Stuff pads are more suitable for daily driving....i've never heard of those rotors...i'd stick with either EBC, Baer, Brembo, or powerslot rotors
Old 04-30-2008, 12:04 PM

Its kinda funny how this thread went from somebody asking an opinion to video taping oneself washing thier car..... wtf!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 PM

What happened to our PICs or ban policy!?
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by LamboW9
the pads are good i hear but they are only great when you warm them up because Red Stuff EBC pads are for track racing..tho the Green Stuff pads are more suitable for daily driving....i've never heard of those rotors...i'd stick with either EBC, Baer, Brembo, or powerslot rotors
EBC Reds can pull double duty, and they're not that difficult to warm up. A couple long, slow stops before asking them to do a full pedal-to-the-floor stop works wonders. Same thing with the Hawk HPS, they work great as street or track pads, just do 1-2 slow stops before really pushing them. Once you get up into the Ferodos and more race-only pads THEN you've really got to put some work into warming them up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chick needs Advice