Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

Easiest Way To DIY Paint Wheels..??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easiest Way To DIY Paint Wheels..??

Hey guys,

So I think I'm gonna buy this local set of Saab-BBS 16's for winter wheels. They're silver now and seem to be pretty clean, BUT I want them to be a low-gloss black. I plan on eventually going and getting them professionally sand-blasted and powder-coated when I go to replace the tires, but for any remnants of winter, I want them to be black still, seeing as how the tires still have a little snow tread on them. I traded my old wheels for a set of SS s/c 18's with Rosso's and found out a few weeks ago why they're "summer only". lol. Having all of that said, what would be the best way about doing this yourself for now, until I get them re-treaded and professionally done then? Should I just clean them really well and spray them with spray-paint / wheel-paint? Or use something else? Or go over them with something to rough them up a little THEN spray them? I want to find the best way to help out myself THEN, but still now too. If I spray them now, I figure that when they sand-blast them that it'll strip it all off anyway. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks guys!

Same style wheel: