ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

ZZP's 4t45e

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That!!!..would be sick! haha.Need a roomie lmao jk.Well just like the past,I'm always here to help out whichever way you go with it.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundraboarder666
FYI I was told by ZZP that it would handle 400WHP just fine too...

Except the guys that actually build them know that there's no way they could do that...

Little messed up huh?
You just interchanged whp and ft lbs as if it's the same thing. Honestly, I would recommend that you don't buy our transmission. It sounds like you are pointing out how you are getting screwed before anyone at zzp actually wronged you in any way. If you feel that way, I would rather not sell a transmission to you. It's not worth making a couple hundred bucks with so little to gain and so much to lose.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Former Vendor

FWIW, as Shane pointed out, Ryan is running a ZZP trans. Furthermore, Bates doesn't build transmissions.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
You just interchanged whp and ft lbs as if it's the same thing. Honestly, I would recommend that you don't buy our transmission. It sounds like you are pointing out how you are getting screwed before anyone at zzp actually wronged you in any way. If you feel that way, I would rather not sell a transmission to you. It's not worth making a couple hundred bucks with so little to gain and so much to lose.
woah woah woah there guy...

I talked to Shane about this. And he's the one who said the transmission could handle 400WHP without a problem. I never anywhere said that they they were the same thing.

I didn't notice that he even said that... I didn't understand what he meant by that, but reading it now makes sense. Now I will say that when I called and talked to whomever it was that I talked to he said that it was not one that you guys had built, he told me specifically that you guys sent it to bates to be built and that your 4t65's weren't as strong... So might want to make sure that everyone working at ZZP is on the same page with that one.. Otherwise I wouldn't make **** up and post it on here for no reason.. lol

And I would consider myself to be wronged when I'm told that a transmission will work for my setup and goals when I contact the people who actually build them and they say otherwise... That just sounds like a money hungry company that doesn't seem to be concerned about their customers...
Old 07-23-2012, 05:00 PM

haha.
owned
Old 07-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Posting before reading...

haha
Owned
Old 07-23-2012, 05:07 PM

Posting before reading...

haha
Owned
I read, I still posted.

haha
owned
Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 PM

Lolz for coming into a situation and understanding nothing then.

haha
Old 07-23-2012, 05:19 PM

muthafkn derp! beat that suhckas
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well lets hear what the limitations of the trans are.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem alright at 10psi. No slip. No funny business. I toyed with 14psi for a little bit and it SEEMED fine. Sure as hell wouldn't feel comfortable keeping it at that level though lol
Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im on 13 lbs with the M62 (i know thats not comparable to you) and it works great and i beat the **** out of it
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by nhanson
Well lets hear what the limitations of the trans are.
Would be great to know. In for answers. NEED MOAR POWA
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Stock 4t45e here...
runs fine after 3yrs @ 18,000 miles...

Brake boosting 10psi @ 3,000rpm off the line.
Spiking 25psi of boost.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:14 PM

My stocker is 2 years into m62 boost, gonna be doing the zzp 4t45 with a ep lsd next spring knowing it is far tougher than stock but not made of kryptonite. Gonna be a nice addition to mah zzp forged block!

Should handle anything an m62 or tvs can dish out with meth but no nitrous, right zzp?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Tyler....the 65 swap i think is the best (mechanically) option for you. Financially....sell the car, or find a manual to swap motor into, but Monica back to stock and sell.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ryan and Steve sprinkled their windmill cookies on to my transmission. currently putting down more torque than most people dream to have as a horsepower number. holding just fine after two different builds.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM

Bleh... Kinda sucks though. I really wish a built 4t45e was the way to go, but if I want to go fast gotta pay to play. Maybe one day IDK what I'm gonna do in the mean time though.. Let's hope my parents move out and buy another house and they give me this one lol
I see no reason why you couldn't go to an F35 which you know will handle the power better than the 4t45. You could use the wiring harness out of a base model manual cobalt and reflash the pcm as a manual trans.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
Ryan and Steve sprinkled their windmill cookies on to my transmission. currently putting down more torque than most people dream to have as a horsepower number. holding just fine after two different builds.
How much torque did you put down? 525wtq, 550wtq...?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
I see no reason why you couldn't go to an F35 which you know will handle the power better than the 4t45. You could use the wiring harness out of a base model manual cobalt and reflash the pcm as a manual trans.
will the f35 even bolt to a 2.2? his car is a base model.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor

woah woah woah there guy...

I talked to Shane about this. And he's the one who said the transmission could handle 400WHP without a problem. I never anywhere said that they they were the same thing.

I didn't notice that he even said that... I didn't understand what he meant by that, but reading it now makes sense. Now I will say that when I called and talked to whomever it was that I talked to he said that it was not one that you guys had built, he told me specifically that you guys sent it to bates to be built and that your 4t65's weren't as strong... So might want to make sure that everyone working at ZZP is on the same page with that one.. Otherwise I wouldn't make **** up and post it on here for no reason.. lol

And I would consider myself to be wronged when I'm told that a transmission will work for my setup and goals when I contact the people who actually build them and they say otherwise... That just sounds like a money hungry company that doesn't seem to be concerned about their customers...
We once bought a GM Racing transmission from Bates and used it for parts. None of those parts are or ever were in Ryan's car. We also ran a GM Racing trans from Marty Ladwig in Ryan's car at first and the pump shaft snapped in half in short order and destroyed the pump. Right now he's running a full ZZP trans. The GM Racing trans pretty much ended up being a core for a custom trans that we plan to test out.

You clearly said that Certified states that it won't hold 400 ft lbs. You also say that ZZP said it will handle 400 whp. Then you keep pointing this out like we are contradciting what the builder says. Go back and read it if you don't believe me. We have pushed over 400whp on our 2.4 and we have another customer pushing over 400whp in his 2.4 Saturn. Both have held up fine.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM

So 400WHP yes, 400FT/LBS no?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 AM

I think I'm going to run this in my go cart.Will it support 400 in/lbs? lol I are funny lol
Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 AM

Sub I want more info about ZZP's tranny
Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by evofire
Tyler....the 65 swap i think is the best (mechanically) option for you. Financially....sell the car, or find a manual to swap motor into, but Monica back to stock and sell.
Mechanically I agree.
Financially, turn the bitch down to 8PSI and drive the damn thing. I can get a used 4t45e for $125.
lol
But that's never the fun route.

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
f35 no worky, I'm a L61.

Originally Posted by evofire
will the f35 even bolt to a 2.2? his car is a base model.
See above^ lol

We once bought a GM Racing transmission from Bates and used it for parts. None of those parts are or ever were in Ryan's car. We also ran a GM Racing trans from Marty Ladwig in Ryan's car at first and the pump shaft snapped in half in short order and destroyed the pump. Right now he's running a full ZZP trans. The GM Racing trans pretty much ended up being a core for a custom trans that we plan to test out.

You clearly said that Certified states that it won't hold 400 ft lbs. You also say that ZZP said it will handle 400 whp. Then you keep pointing this out like we are contradciting what the builder says. Go back and read it if you don't believe me. We have pushed over 400whp on our 2.4 and we have another customer pushing over 400whp in his 2.4 Saturn. Both have held up fine.
Yeah I was just relaying the information I was given. Sorry it was wrong.

I understand what you're getting at. But I never said they were one in the same. I mean, I could call the builder up and ask him tomorrow if you like and solve this little WHP WTQ situation. At this point I would find a little pointless. What's the point of having a car with 300WTQ and 400WHP? All I was meaning by that is that it really isn't the best option for me. And I'm pretty sure I told shane my last dyno numbers so he knows that my WHP and WTQ wouldn't be far off.

Either way I was told by Shane the 4t45e transmission would hold 400WTQ when I asked him... So..... yeah... I have the conversation right here in my email if you would like me to forward that to you Or post it up in here to show you. SO yes, that would be contradicting what the builder says. (BTW I'm not try to rip on Shane at all, he's been good and has been trying to help me, most likely uninformed on a thing or two.)

The whole reason I posted this thread up was to look for other people running this transmission ZZP has built, so if you could inform me a little more on their builds, numbers, and all that jazz that would be great.

Originally Posted by OttawaMark
So 400WHP yes, 400FT/LBS no?
I'm assuming that's what he's trying to imply.

Quick Reply: ZZP's 4t45e