08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Coupe or sedan...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^

My girlfriend, Wife now. She was the same way when I bought my cavalier coupe. She was so mad when I got it she didn't even want to ride in it lol. After she got over it she loved it we had some good times in it until it got totaled :-( So with here thoughts in minde I bought my sedan this time. She loves it even though she was upset the cavalier was no more and the car is red (Sport tint coat red). I feel like there is just as much stuff to do if not more with the Sedan. One thing I wish they would come out with is a nicer set of LED tail lights all the ones out there I have seen are unattractive IMO.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by crashher0
Hey guys, Im new here as of today however I am in OP's boat. 23yo, not married, no kids, and looking for a fast fun practical car I started looking at the cobalt SS/TC mainly because I got a decent job right after college and could afford them. I test drove both sedan and coupe. Coming from a honda prelude to my current camaro z28 I was originally attracted to the coupe.

I began looking on autotrader and found a sedan within reasonable driving distance and a coupe near it. Went and test drove both and can honestly say I liked the sedan way more.
I dont know why but when I took off in the coupe I felt tunnel vision kick in almost instantly. Felt like there were a bunch of blind spots. I also didnt like the slide in effect of the 2 door entry. With my camaro (im 6'1") i have to throw a leg in and fall into the seat and had to do the same with the coupe. The sedan i could actually get into with no problems which chased away my fear of lowering the car.

Just signed the papers this week and im going to pick up the sedan saturday
I joined the site today because of this.

Sorry if I did something wrong. (also first post)
Greetings and Welcome!

We are ecstatic to hear that you decided to get the Cobalt sedan. If you have any questions about your vehicle don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FearOfSilence
I feel like there is just as much stuff to do if not more with the Sedan.
The way I look at it is its exactly the same as the coupe (+60lbs) plus you have easier access to the back seat and you have the sleeper effect on everyone. Its like having extra cargo space or a place to crash if you party to hard
Old 06-21-2013, 11:53 AM

^^^

I love having access to the back seat. First time the wife and I went food shopping we bought stuff in bulk and ran out of place to put stuff in the trunk. So I said well its got to go in the back seat opened the door and tossed the stuff in, no pain no fuss. The sleeper effect is awesome. I want to get an exhaust for this car but I want to keep the thing quiet for that reason, so thinking maybe I will incorporate some kind of butterfly valve to command open when I want the performance. Still thoughts in progress.