08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Story of a ZZP Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check it out.. a zzp nutswinger that didnt read through posts... And no i didnt come into this thread talking **** about zzp or matt... I stated the clutchrod does cause failures. And then Matt came in whining.... And then he stired.more ****. So read next time.[/B]
Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
james, it's funny how every single thread involving zzp you badmouth them in one way or another. must just be a coincidence huh?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
[First thing is he does own a lnf. and I never said it was a lnf. you have some quick assumptions there guy.. second off All I did was.log him and get.rid of his kr by taking timing out and making trims.correct.. third, Justin has a lsj (does it matter lol) and it was a.zzp clutch....Justin smith to be exact.....
On eric hunts Meth kit ( he himself said you guys did somthing to the controler snd messed it up) ... Anyways matt, you want me to come to this so called.zzp meet thing. But yet you just wanna argue, not a good start there buddy..
Honestly ...QUOTE=Matt M;6394569]1. Eric Hunt does not own an LNF.
2. Eric's meth pump was hooked up backwards when his car arrived here. Yes, the install was messed up, but not here. We found the issue and corrected it. He emailed us a while later and said-
Hey Tim last night I was driving the car and I'm assuming the meth kept spraying into the block because the car was running a 10.0 a/f while driving I pulled into a parking lot to see what had happened and the car idled and shut off. I went to go look in the back to see if there was something wrong and there was the pump kept running even with the car off. I had to have it towed home i don't know what to do.
We did not sell him the meth kit, or install it, but somehow you find it reasonable to say that zzp is at fault for that part failure.
3. I doubt that this Justin guy has an LNF, either.
4. If his disk stuck to the plate, it sounds to me like he runs a South Bend clutch, not a ZZP clutch. We don't run the same disk, for that very reason.

Anything else? You failed to provide anything to back up your statements, as usual.
Yes, it does matter if he has an LNF or not because we were in a debate about LNF tuning and you claimed that you fix all of my LNF tunes. I called bs and said I doubt that you have fixed a single LNF tune that I did. To this day, you have provided exactly zero evidence to support your claim. Then when I bring it up again, you talk about a guy that owns an LSJ that you had to take out some timing because his meth kit failed. If that is your best evidence of fixing all these Matt M LNF tunes, then can you not see how ridiculous you sound?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor

Check it out.. a zzp nutswinger that didnt read through posts... And no i didnt come into this thread talking **** about zzp or matt... I stated the clutchrod does cause failures. And then Matt came in whining.... And then he stired.more ****. So read next time.[/B]
I came in whining? Or I came in and pointed out that if you adjust the clutch rod way too long that you could cause a failure?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

Matt, you serisouly have issues. I was talking about the rod and.clutches.... And then you asked which tune did I fix or what ever. you never asked for it to be a lnf lol...... So why would I say a lnf? I said the most recent.. and I have fixed a few of Ure lnf tunes.. me saying the persons. Name isn't gonna.do anything but make you say oh whatever thats false that's false. It's ok... I never said the tunes looked bad but they needed revised and needed a few things to be taken out of the tune. Lol. So quit getting all fancy pancy..
Old 03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Matt if you want to argue pm me. Im getting tired.of your b.s in every thread.... If it werent for you always having.to argue with everyone. There would be a few threads.still open and not locked..

I was pointing out that ure clutch rod caused failures and you said yeah if you adjust it to fsr out. Then I said why habe a adjustable rod when you can't adjust it ... It seems like its a defect that zzp should fic or try. Because peoples master cylinders are infact going bad because of the rods.... Make the rods only adjustable.to one point. Then you dont have to worry then.
Originally Posted by Matt M
I came in whining? Or I came in and pointed out that if you adjust the clutch rod way too long that you could cause a failure?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:40 PM

Both of you please understand that no matter what the subject is you 2 will always AGREE to DISAGREE on hardware, tuning etc. Stop being cancer's to this forum. Just go about tuning and using hardware that you feel is best.

The title of this thread reads " Story of a zzp engine swap" lets get back to it.

Stamina.....any updates?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor

Matt, you serisouly have issues. I was talking about the rod and.clutches.... And then you asked which tune did I fix or what ever. you never asked for it to be a lnf lol...... So why would I say a lnf? I said the most recent.. and I have fixed a few of Ure lnf tunes.. me saying the persons. Name isn't gonna.do anything but make you say oh whatever thats false that's false. It's ok... I never said the tunes looked bad but they needed revised and needed a few things to be taken out of the tune. Lol. So quit getting all fancy pancy..
Let me try to explain this to you. I stated that when you mentioned fixing all kinds of my LNF tunes, that you could not prove yourself, and that therefore, this clutch situation is probably the same. It appears that I was correct.

Now you are saying that you fixed a few of my LNF tunes, but you don't want to name any names. If you can not come up with even one single name, then I will dismiss your statement as bs.

We do not have a record of a Justin Smith purchasing a clutch from us. If you have his contact info, please forward it to me. If this in fact did happen to a zzp clutch, then we somehow received and shipped the wrong disk. If that is the case, then we will send him a new disk, or reimburse him for the trouble. If you can not provide any information that leads to this being considered a legitimate case, then I will dismiss your claim as bs.

Do you see a pattern here? All you have to do is back up something that you claim and I will eat my words. Or you can move on to the next thing to talk about and nothing can ever get done about all of these supposed issues that you see happening all over the place.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

Matt if you want to argue pm me. Im getting tired.of your b.s in every thread.... If it werent for you always having.to argue with everyone. There would be a few threads.still open and not locked..

I was pointing out that ure clutch rod caused failures and you said yeah if you adjust it to fsr out. Then I said why habe a adjustable rod when you can't adjust it ... It seems like its a defect that zzp should fic or try. Because peoples master cylinders are infact going bad because of the rods.... Make the rods only adjustable.to one point. Then you dont have to worry then.
Seriously? The extra threads are needed for strength inside the ends. Do you adjust your tie rods out way too far and then complain about how your tires are toed in way too much? Then make a post asking why adjustable tie rods are offered if you can't adjust them all the way out? Sorry, but I am really baffled by how you don't get that. Do you turn your boost controller up too high and then say, "Why does it adjust so high if you aren't supposed to run it there?"
Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 40rty
Both of you please understand that no matter what the subject is you 2 will always AGREE to DISAGREE on hardware, tuning etc. Stop being cancer's to this forum. Just go about tuning and using hardware that you feel is best.

The title of this thread reads " Story of a zzp engine swap" lets get back to it.

Stamina.....any updates?
Sorry, but until James backs up at least one thing that he claims against zzp, I will not stop. Soon, people will notice the pattern. He comes up with stories of fixing huge amounts of issues that he can not even back up as actually existing when he is called out.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quit crying and pm me if you wanna cHat any longer.. all ure doing is starting bs..... i already told u to pm me..
Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Seriously? The extra treads are needed for strength inside the ends. Do you adjust your tie rods out way too far and then complain about how your tires are toed in way too much? Then make a post asking why adjustable tie rods are offered if you can't adjust them all the way out? Sorry, but I am really baffled by how you don't get that. Do you turn your boost controller up too high and then say, "Why does it adjust so high if you aren't supposed to run it there?"
I have to agree.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

Matt .. I'm tired of your crap. Infact I have fixed some problems of Ure if you wanna talk about them pm me.. because I have stated facts and I have the owners of the cars to back it up.. and that josh smith doesn't have Ure clutch. But imagine that zzp dmfails to send the correct part. That's not the first
Old 03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor

Quit crying and pm me if you wanna cHat any longer.. all ure doing is starting bs..... i already told u to pm me..
Really, just one! Come up with the name of 1 LNF tune of mine that you had to fix, OR come up with this Justin Smith's contact info so I can find out if he had a ZZP clutch or a South Bend clutch. Prove me wrong one time, and I will look like a dumb ass... ...or say that you are done arguing about this and move on to complain about a different zzp part tomorrow. It's your choice.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM

Matt! What you say to ChevyCSS will go in one ear and out the other and vice versa, be the professional one and turn the cheek. You have on others that have nothing good to say no matter what you say......sooooooo please lets just stay on subject with Stamina's car
Former Vendor

Matt .. I'm tired of your crap. Infact I have fixed some problems of Ure if you wanna talk about them pm me.. because I have stated facts and I have the owners of the cars to back it up.. and that josh smith doesn't have Ure clutch. But imagine that zzp dmfails to send the correct part. That's not the first
Ok, case closed then. Justin(Josh) Smith in fact does not have a zzp clutch, after all. Thanks for admitting that. I appreciate it, and I will move on now.
QUEEF-NUGGETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can not believe this thread is still open
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned

Done like i said pm me.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done like i said pm me.
Funny how you want to bad mouth with no evidence in public then demand that he defend himself against your claims in pm's. If I owned a company that someone wanted to keep bad mouthing to one of my biggest customer bases you can be sure that I would defend myself in public and call you out in public, and no pm's.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The rod worked perfect for me. In fact I was able to adjust it a bit shorter than stock to get the exact pedal height I wanted
Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The adjustable clutch rod pushes the master cylinder piston farther then it should since it raises the peddle up. And it causes the piston failure.
Hmmm The adjustable rod at its shortest length is shorter than the stock rod. This gives you a starting point after you have bleed the throw out. I took mine in until it wasnt loose and then adjusted it. Notice I said after you are done bleeding the TOB. The rod works good but you need to bleed before you make it longer
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mongorat427
The rod works good but you need to bleed before you make it longer

Sorry.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

I haven't posted because I said keep it to pms so we don't clutter ops thread up....... Not because I don't have proof lol.. ( like it matters what I say. Because zzp is always right) .... Hahaha I think I just laughed..
Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm too JDM for you

James you don't back up a single word you say.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned

I backed up everything... (QUIT SWINGING ON THERE NUTS) and once you stop sucking there ***** youll see why alot of people hate them or cant stand them...............Always shipping incorrect product, always taking to long to ship, and the attitude and customer service most get. (some get great but most do not)

Matt asked for proof on a clutch (josh smith which in fact i took out because he had it installed at zzp and showed me the reciepts and was raped out the ass on costs..... I replaced the clutch because it was seized together. ) matt asked for proof on tunes, most recent chris, josh smith, ect.

and lnf tunes they were canned (shipped ecms) i revised them because of course trims, but also because it had speratic boost, and were throwing codes for the trims being off. (Was that zzps fault? no)

So anyways back to topic...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned

Oh yeah on the clutch rod, the one i replaced which is also josh smiths, i had to replace his master cylinder because of it (zzp installed it) also on the receipt. I get what is said about the air in the line. but there was no air in any of the ones ive done which are 3-4!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Story of a ZZP Engine Swap