08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Story of a ZZP Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't swing on zzp's nuts. I just don't like you, the way you speak or the way you carry yourself.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 40rty
Both of you please understand that no matter what the subject is you 2 will always AGREE to DISAGREE on hardware, tuning etc. Stop being cancer's to this forum. Just go about tuning and using hardware that you feel is best.

The title of this thread reads " Story of a zzp engine swap" lets get back to it.

Stamina.....any updates?
I actually do! Took a quick Spring Break trip down to the Mexican proving grounds to collect some data.

Had a weird run-in with a sportbike with four headlights last night. I was merging onto the Mexican highway, saw him cruising along a bit behind me on the highway and I just hit it. I got a head start, he saw me and hit it, and quickly caught up to me... and then it's like the bike hit a brick wall, like we both ended up hitting the governors or something because we were at a stalemate after that. We ended up pretty much neck and neck, with his front wheel at the front of my passenger door. Maybe he was just messing with me once he caught up. lol No idea what kind of bike has four headlights. After we let off, he wouldn't let me catch back up to him to give him the thumbs up, like he was pissed off or something. lol

I've noticed something similar with other run-ins with bikes. They'll tear you up with their power to weight advantage until you get up there in speed and then the car seems to have the advantage.

Got a Mach 1 kill tonight in Mexico. Got a vid of that.

Before we left Mexico and crossed back over the border, we also did an overall acceleration test. It didn't feel as quick with an added person in there, but we got that on vid too.

In other news:

No oil consumption or coolant levels changing.

Catch can should be going on tomorrow.

I'm still battling the dang Evap system. It does this rich spike and then when correcting for it swings so lean that it goes to like 17 or even 18AFR. It randomly does this when just cruising in vacuum and it did this on the last engine too. I've gone through like 5 evap solenoids and 2 vent solenoids over the years troubleshooting it. My only other guess is that somewhere in the system there's a leak or something. I'd think that it would set a code though since it does a sensitive test of the system and gas tank though. Maybe it's the recent change in the weather, with things heating up and possibly causing more vapors in the tank. It could also be due to it sloshing around in there with my recent road tests and not having an opportunity to purge due to not being in vacuum as much recently. No idea.

Last edited by Stamina; 03-14-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
I backed up everything... (QUIT SWINGING ON THERE NUTS) and once you stop sucking there ***** youll see why alot of people hate them or cant stand them...............Always shipping incorrect product, always taking to long to ship, and the attitude and customer service most get. (some get great but most do not)
sorry but your wrong here. i ordered my dp at 1:00pm, i got an email with a tracking number saying it was already on a truck at 3:00pm. usually **** takes 2 business weeks to get here, it took 1 for my dp.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

Hahaha you dont swing on there nut.. ure right, your prob holding them in Ure hand playing with them. I dont like you either your a joke........ Stfu .......
Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
I don't swing on zzp's nuts. I just don't like you, the way you speak or the way you carry yourself.

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 03-15-2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: because dum****
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Banned

There a few of you.. anyways im not wrong. In fact I am saying facts.......[/B]
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
sorry but your wrong here. i ordered my dp at 1:00pm, i got an email with a tracking number saying it was already on a truck at 3:00pm. usually **** takes 2 business weeks to get here, it took 1 for my dp.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love how "Justin" Smith had a zzp clutch that failed became "Josh" Smith that ended up not having a ZZP clutch then he magically went back to having a zzp clutch that failed. Pretty consistent story . Anybody else lately notice ccss3 becoming the new Zach06, oh wait zach actually drove his car when he raced it
Old 03-15-2012, 02:06 AM

Please reframe from entertaining chevycss. I asked for you to just stop and continue on subject and you continued to throw gas on the fire. Not sure if you all noticed but Stamina poated an update, any comments?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:46 AM

Matt, you serisouly have issues. I was talking about the rod and.clutches.... And then you asked which tune did I fix or what ever. you never asked for it to be a lnf lol...... So why would I say a lnf? I said the most recent.. and I have fixed a few of Ure lnf tunes.. me saying the persons. Name isn't gonna.do anything but make you say oh whatever thats false that's false. It's ok... I never said the tunes looked bad but they needed revised and needed a few things to be taken out of the tune. Lol. So quit getting all fancy pancy..
Personal friend of Eric Hunts myself and know everything about his car and what goes on with it.

His meth kit was actually installed by Nick at BYT. He drove it for months and according to him his tank stayed at the same level for that period of time. He then went to zzp for his engine install and zzp found the error and fixed it. I am just putting in my two cents about the install since zzp really had nothing to do with it.

Eric was also tuned at zzp and just purchased hptuners so he could get updated again once he returned home. Anyone would need a retune or update when traveling multiple states over. Would assume it would skew things just a little. The kid never speaks the truth and even lies to his own friends about whats done to his car etc and is kind of clueless when it comes to cars.

As for this build i cant wait to see what numbers it has and what kind of times he puts down at the track
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
I can't wait to go to the zzp invitational. Sounds like its going to be a blast you sure you guys arent going to have an octagon arena?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Hahaha you dont swing on there nut.. ure right, your prob holding them in Ure hand playing with them. I dont like you either your a joke........ Stfu .......
i'm a joke? i don't pretend to be nothing i'm not mr. 2 hour clutch job without dropping the subframe.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stamina
I actually do! Took a quick Spring Break trip down to the Mexican proving grounds to collect some data.

Had a weird run-in with a sportbike with four headlights last night. I was merging onto the Mexican highway, saw him cruising along a bit behind me on the highway and I just hit it. I got a head start, he saw me and hit it, and quickly caught up to me... and then it's like the bike hit a brick wall, like we both ended up hitting the governors or something because we were at a stalemate after that. We ended up pretty much neck and neck, with his front wheel at the front of my passenger door. Maybe he was just messing with me once he caught up. lol No idea what kind of bike has four headlights. After we let off, he wouldn't let me catch back up to him to give him the thumbs up, like he was pissed off or something. lol

I've noticed something similar with other run-ins with bikes. They'll tear you up with their power to weight advantage until you get up there in speed and then the car seems to have the advantage.

Got a Mach 1 kill tonight in Mexico. Got a vid of that.

Before we left Mexico and crossed back over the border, we also did an overall acceleration test. It didn't feel as quick with an added person in there, but we got that on vid too.

In other news:

No oil consumption or coolant levels changing.

Catch can should be going on tomorrow.

I'm still battling the dang Evap system. It does this rich spike and then when correcting for it swings so lean that it goes to like 17 or even 18AFR. It randomly does this when just cruising in vacuum and it did this on the last engine too. I've gone through like 5 evap solenoids and 2 vent solenoids over the years troubleshooting it. My only other guess is that somewhere in the system there's a leak or something. I'd think that it would set a code though since it does a sensitive test of the system and gas tank though. Maybe it's the recent change in the weather, with things heating up and possibly causing more vapors in the tank. It could also be due to it sloshing around in there with my recent road tests and not having an opportunity to purge due to not being in vacuum as much recently. No idea.
Cap the purge solenoid off and just let the tank vent to atmosphere (put a breather filter on the vent line if you want). Just leave the solenoid plugged in. If the issue has anything to do with the purge system, which I think it does based off what you said, it will solve the issue once and for all.

Last edited by Terminator2; 03-15-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBolt66
Love how "Justin" Smith had a zzp clutch that failed became "Josh" Smith that ended up not having a ZZP clutch then he magically went back to having a zzp clutch that failed. Pretty consistent story . Anybody else lately notice ccss3 becoming the new Zach06, oh wait zach actually drove his car when he raced it
good ole ballzacktuner

And damn good connection there man. Stories out the ass from both with no backup
Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by ULWizSS
Personal friend of Eric Hunts myself and know everything about his car and what goes on with it.

His meth kit was actually installed by Nick at BYT. He drove it for months and according to him his tank stayed at the same level for that period of time. He then went to zzp for his engine install and zzp found the error and fixed it. I am just putting in my two cents about the install since zzp really had nothing to do with it.

Eric was also tuned at zzp and just purchased hptuners so he could get updated again once he returned home. Anyone would need a retune or update when traveling multiple states over. Would assume it would skew things just a little. The kid never speaks the truth and even lies to his own friends about whats done to his car etc and is kind of clueless when it comes to cars.

As for this build i cant wait to see what numbers it has and what kind of times he puts down at the track
And the cat is out of the bag. HAHAHHAAAHAAAHAHAAHA this just made my day
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I backed up everything... (QUIT SWINGING ON THERE NUTS) and once you stop sucking there ***** youll see why alot of people hate them or cant stand them...............Always shipping incorrect product, always taking to long to ship, and the attitude and customer service most get. (some get great but most do not)

Matt asked for proof on a clutch (josh smith which in fact i took out because he had it installed at zzp and showed me the reciepts and was raped out the ass on costs..... I replaced the clutch because it was seized together. ) matt asked for proof on tunes, most recent chris, josh smith, ect.

and lnf tunes they were canned (shipped ecms) i revised them because of course trims, but also because it had speratic boost, and were throwing codes for the trims being off. (Was that zzps fault? no)

So anyways back to topic...
Holy crap, you are back at this, again? You provided proof? You stated that you fix all these Matt M LNF tunes, so when I asked you to name one person, you talked about a guy with an LSJ who's meth kit(not from zzp) stopped working, so you had to dial his timing back and adjust the fuel. Your words- "( he himself said you guys did somthing to the controler snd messed it up)" Customer's words in response- "No I told him a wire must have gotten messed up and it happens I wouldn't blame you guys for something like that." (Remember, we did not install his Meth kit.)

Then you said that Justin Smith had a zzp clutch that failed. Your words- "....Justin smith to be exact..... " So i look it up and we never sold a clutch to a Justin Smith, so you changed it to Josh Smith, but later said that it wasn't our clutch. Then today, it is back to him having a zzp clutch.

Then after all this, you state that you "proved everything." I can't even argue about that anymore because you are so far from reasonable that there is not much to say. It's like if I asked you how much you wanted for your car and you said $1.2 million. There would be no point in bargaining with you at that point. That's pretty much how I feel when you argue with no concern for reality.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh yeah on the clutch rod, the one i replaced which is also josh smiths, i had to replace his master cylinder because of it (zzp installed it) also on the receipt. I get what is said about the air in the line. but there was no air in any of the ones ive done which are 3-4!!!!!!
ZZP installed what? You already admitted to adjusting the clutch rod which caused the master cylinder to fail. You can't go back and change your story. Quit trying to blame zzp because you mis-adjusted someone's clutch rod.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
ZZP installed what? You already admitted to adjusting the clutch rod which caused the master cylinder to fail. You can't go back and change your story. Quit trying to blame zzp because you mis-adjusted someone's clutch rod.
Just ignore him Matt the guy is obviously trying to push your buttons, he is not worth it lets take this fight to PM's or to a mod so this thread does not get
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Matt hes a troll and the new Zach06. Pretty soon dudes name with all the issues will be John Smith
Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

Never once said 2 hrs .. lol get it right if your gonna argue lol.[/B]
Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
i'm a joke? i don't pretend to be nothing i'm not mr. 2 hour clutch job without dropping the subframe.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Banned

Lol.. ne[/I]ver said he didnt have a zzp clutxh shitbrick did....... Josh smith in fact did..... I accidentally typed Justin. Woopdy ******* doo....

About this sack bullshit. That's funny....... cuz I'm not.... Lol ... Stfu kiddie..
Originally Posted by BlueBolt66
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Banned

I don't know if he lied or not. All i know is he was told by zzp to do what I said earlier. (Which is what he told me)
Originally Posted by BartSS
And the cat is out of the bag. HAHAHHAAAHAAAHAHAAHA this just made my day
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 AM

I don't know if he lied or not. All i know is he was told by zzp to do what I said earlier. (Which is what he told me)
To me its whatever man im not you or ZZP. I read this for the while bored at work
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Banned

Matt this is what you do. Turn word around. Holy ****.. I never said he didnt have your clutch, i said I replaced it with a ky clutch. ******* read..and its funny cuz when i argue with you I feel like im arguing. With a 4year old that was told to eat there spinach.....
Holy crap, you are back at this, again? You provided proof? You stated that you fix all these Matt M LNF tunes, so when I asked you to name one person, you talked about a guy with an LSJ who's meth kit(not from zzp) stopped working, so you had to dial his timing back and adjust the fuel. Your words- "( he himself said you guys did somthing to the controler snd messed it up)" Customer's words in response- "No I told him a wire must have gotten messed up and it happens I wouldn't blame you guys for something like that." (Remember, we did not install his Meth kit.)

Then you said that Justin Smith had a zzp clutch that failed. Your words- "....Justin smith to be exact..... " So i look it up and we never sold a clutch to a Justin Smith, so you changed it to Josh Smith, but later said that it wasn't our clutch. Then today, it is back to him having a zzp clutch.

Then after all this, you state that you "proved everything." I can't even argue about that anymore because you are so far from reasonable that there is not much to say. It's like if I asked you how much you wanted for your car and you said $1.2 million. There would be no point in bargaining with you at that point. That's pretty much how I feel when you argue with no concern for reality.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Matt this is what you do. Turn word around. Holy ****.. I never said he didnt have your clutch, i said I replaced it with a ky clutch. ******* read..and its funny cuz when i argue with you I feel like im arguing. With a 4year old that was told to eat there spinach.....
hard to read when you can't ******* type.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Banned

Matt you really are somthing else. I never said I adjusted it. i said its srupid that it can be adjusted enough to caused damage. It should be made bullet proof. But of course, its just another zzp product failure. its ok.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

Well then keep you stupid accusation to ureself.
Originally Posted by BartSS
To me its whatever man im not you or ZZP. I read this for the while bored at work

Quick Reply: Story of a ZZP Engine Swap