2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

All You Need to Know About Different Tunes

Old 04-14-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom.g
I think most Trifecta guys are running a 21-22PSi tune. Keep in mind this tune puts you around ~300WHP ~325WTQ, Vince's tune at 21-22PSi is the same boost as GMS1 however it does make more power as it is a better tune which is custom tailored to the car.

I wouldn't go over 22-23PSi personally unless you plan on doing a clutch as our stock one really starts to slip at that point but that's just me I know some guys are pushing more power and using the stock clutch and they aren't having any big issues.
This is good to know cuz I want a Trifecta stealth tune too. I was thinking around 24psi max. I've already got the GMS1, CIA DP, and a KN with airbox mod. I want a noticieable amount of power increase but not too much to start breaking stuff.... and of course the tires have to hold or it's all worthless!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:10 PM

I think most Trifecta guys are running a 21-22PSi tune. Keep in mind this tune puts you around ~300WHP ~325WTQ, Vince's tune at 21-22PSi is the same boost as GMS1 however it does make more power as it is a better tune which is custom tailored to the car.

I wouldn't go over 22-23PSi personally unless you plan on doing a clutch as our stock one really starts to slip at that point but that's just me I know some guys are pushing more power and using the stock clutch and they aren't having any big issues.
No big issues, but if I'm not careful I slip. But this is T2's tune.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:22 PM

With the new boost tables Vince has out, clutch slippage isn't really an issue. He has developed a way to have full boost come in later in the rpm range to allow for: 1. Linear/continual boost through the powerband. 2. Reduce, if not eliminate, clutch slippage. It's really a nice feature! With this you can keep the stock clutch alive for a lot longer than other tunes available.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM

i am at 24 psi and no issues so far.

i have the older tune with the older boost tables, and I had no clutch issues with the stocker, I just upgraded for piece of mind.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 PM

yeah, ill stay stock clutch till i have hard pipes and bigger ic.. does this vince guy do all the tunes for cobalts at trifecta? or do i have to specifically ask for him to do mine?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by CatchMeIFyouCAN
yeah, ill stay stock clutch till i have hard pipes and bigger ic.. does this vince guy do all the tunes for cobalts at trifecta? or do i have to specifically ask for him to do mine?
Vince is the owner of Trifecta and he writes all of the tunes himself.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 PM

what site.. this one.. http://www.trifectaperformance.com/cobalt.aspx

or this one

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/order/default.aspx

well i just ordered from trifecta.. hopefully this thing helps out alot!

Last edited by CatchMeIFyouCAN; 04-14-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 PM

what site.. this one.. http://www.trifectaperformance.com/cobalt.aspx

or this one

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/order/default.aspx

well i just ordered from trifecta.. hopefully this thing helps out alot!
You can order through either of those, or you can go through a Trifecta dealer http://www.trifectaperformance.com/dealers.aspx
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by nelson
With the new boost tables Vince has out, clutch slippage isn't really an issue. He has developed a way to have full boost come in later in the rpm range to allow for: 1. Linear/continual boost through the powerband. 2. Reduce, if not eliminate, clutch slippage. It's really a nice feature! With this you can keep the stock clutch alive for a lot longer than other tunes available.
Good call, is he using these new boost tables on all his new tunes?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Tech II will not find the new Trifecta stealth tunes, doesn't matter if your in cruise control on or not, or if you have it set up TC on or off. If they were to send the ECM in to GM they may be able to find it though.
Scanning via Tech2 with the current methods used will show that it is a stock programmed ECU.

They may, however, discover the tune by accidentally hitting the cruise button. The TC button is less likely to be hit/used during road testing. Despite the tune not being able to be seen via Tech2, I'd advise flashing to stock before it's in the shop regardless. I got a call from my dealer once with them scratching their heads, telling me that the Hahn IC I had on the car was getting me a 60+HP increase. (They accidentally activated the tune with the cruise control button while road testing it on the highway and saw the crazy-good numbers on the RPD HP/torque screen. lol)

If the ECU is sent in, it will show an error when read, and the ECU may be considered bad or broken.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:33 PM

Good call, is he using these new boost tables on all his new tunes?
As far as I know, yes. I'll double check with him next time I talk to him, but I'm almost 100% positive this feature is the new standard in his tunes.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:55 PM

so i was installing my trifecta tune.. and it stopped right in the middle of the progress bar.. and now my car doesnt work.. wont start.. service lights are on.. man this sucks.. any ideaS?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so i was installing my trifecta tune.. and it stopped right in the middle of the progress bar.. and now my car doesnt work.. wont start.. service lights are on.. man this sucks.. any ideaS?
Send an email to Vince, he usually responds pretty quick.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 PM

sub'd fo sho
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 PM

Yes, flash it again. Vince's software has a built-in recovery feature that will detect a failed/incomplete flash and will restart the flash from the beginning. After the flash, good as new.

Start flashing it like normal. A message will pop up saying something to the effect of "Your ECU is bricked. Want me to restore it for you?" (my words of course ). You say yes/continue, and you're on your way.

Being Trifecta Dealers, both Pyros777 and I have done this to our own vehicles first to insure it's safe to use on our customer's vehicles.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 AM

Cool hmm

Originally Posted by Stamina
Yes, flash it again. Vince's software has a built-in recovery feature that will detect a failed/incomplete flash and will restart the flash from the beginning. After the flash, good as new.

Start flashing it like normal. A message will pop up saying something to the effect of "Your ECU is bricked. Want me to restore it for you?" (my words of course ). You say yes/continue, and you're on your way.

Being Trifecta Dealers, both Pyros777 and I have done this to our own vehicles first to insure it's safe to use on our customer's vehicles.

yeah, it ended up needing re-soldered in the black box where green, white and silver wires attach.. they all came off..and wasnt getting connection through box to programmer.. but now the car hits WOT and goes into limp mode.. idk this is a pain in my A$$ and wondering if the car will ever be the same..
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 AM

You shouldn't be using a mbc on a trifecta tune. Th ecu can in theroy be able to control boost up to 60psi. Remove the mbc and let the ecu work.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 PM

So in theory, simple bolt ons suck as drop in filter/mod box, catless downpipe, exhaust will yield slightly better results in the dyno? Stock tune obviously.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by leoaa777
So in theory, simple bolt ons suck as drop in filter/mod box, catless downpipe, exhaust will yield slightly better results in the dyno? Stock tune obviously.
Yes normally there willl be some gains but no where near what is normally claimed by the companies. For example, Injen claims 15 whp gain with their chargepipe on the stock tune. Gains are closer to 4-6 whp normally not 15 whp.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 AM

^^ I don't know what the hell they were smoking when they posted that.

Just like HAHN states 30whp from their intake
Old 05-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC
^^ I don't know what the hell they were smoking when they posted that.

Just like HAHN states 30whp from their intake
Maybe that's with their PPC tune??? Or they used their butt dynos??

Either way...you want to get a tune of some type to really make the car come alive because for the most part simple bolt ons are useless..
Old 05-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman

Either way...you want to get a aftermarket tune of some type to really make the car come alive because for the most part simple bolt ons are useless..
Fixed

This needs to be engrained in to peoples heads.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Fixed

This needs to be engrained in to peoples heads.
Lol...ANY tune will wake the car up...it's just depends on how "awake" the person wants their car...For example: I wanted mine to be running on 3 Five Hour Energy Shots and 2 12 packs of Monsters...so I got HPTuners.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol...ANY tune will wake the car up...it's just depends on how "awake" the person wants their car...For example: I wanted mine to be running on 3 Five Hour Energy Shots and 2 12 packs of Monsters...so I got HPTuners.
Hell yea!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 PM

.......or Trifecta

And if you want it to be running on a couple coffees you get GMS1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All You Need to Know About Different Tunes