2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Forge Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only install so far is the k&n I was looking at the forge buy aside from sound is there any real performance gain?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:47 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
I just read this and I was saying to myself that sounds exactly like blowing a charge pipe off.... but it looks like he answered his own problem,
Old 05-26-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by RyanJM
Only install so far is the k&n I was looking at the forge buy aside from sound is there any real performance gain?
no performance, just longevity. I think the sound is slightly different with the forge... I could imagine it sounds the same with a stock airbox but there is a slight change in pitch at WOT and let off compared to stock. Its not a night and day sound difference but its slightly different.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:20 AM

you know I think Ronn has the right idea... the Forge is a really nicely built piece.. but besides that, I dont really think its doing anything for you extra special... I really dont think its going to provide you any ultra performance gains in any way, but it is metal over hard plastic, and it does feel and look like a better piece over the stock piece, so I think I probably paid for just a different whooshing sound, the upagraded materials cost, and that may be all.. but I agree I'm not knocking it either because some serious time and effort went into making it. so I plan on using it for awhile but I will be carrying my stock piece around and a tool bag just in case I ever wanna change it back.

Now I'm not one to complain but if you ask me, I am not sure why Forge decided to go with a 90* bend in the vacumn line... its not a HUGE deal, but it does make orientation of the vacumn line a bit trickier with such little space to work with and adds a bend in any air flow...

but anyway... we move on...catted DP and exhaust here I come and Im done!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by MajorCB
you know I think Ronn has the right idea... the Forge is a really nicely built piece.. but besides that, I dont really think its doing anything for you extra special... I really dont think its going to provide you any ultra performance gains in any way, but it is metal over hard plastic, and it does feel and look like a better piece over the stock piece, so I think I probably paid for just a different whooshing sound, the upagraded materials cost, and that may be all.. but I agree I'm not knocking it either because some serious time and effort went into making it. so I plan on using it for awhile but I will be carrying my stock piece around and a tool bag just in case I ever wanna change it back.

Now I'm not one to complain but if you ask me, I am not sure why Forge decided to go with a 90* bend in the vacumn line... its not a HUGE deal, but it does make orientation of the vacumn line a bit trickier with such little space to work with and adds a bend in any air flow...

but anyway... we move on...catted DP and exhaust here I come and Im done!
thaat 90* angle thing is new, it wasnt always like that. I got the previous version that was a straight tube and not an angle. Apparently the angle was there because the Intake tube apparently rubbed the vac line.... I dunno, not a prob for me.

With an intake there is a different woosh noise.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
thaat 90* angle thing is new, it wasnt always like that. I got the previous version that was a straight tube and not an angle. Apparently the angle was there because the Intake tube apparently rubbed the vac line.... I dunno, not a prob for me.

With an intake there is a different woosh noise.
Hey Cuda, where you from in Md. ... I grew up there... Bel Air, Towson, Jarrestville