2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Really need help me vs dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take ur car and drive it to a dealership and have them fix it because u dont seem to be getting anywhere
Old 11-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Take ur car and drive it to a dealership and have them fix it because u dont seem to be getting anywhere
I would, but I do not have any stock parts to put back on the car because I bought the car with the mods already installed. So I can't afford to take it to them and have them fix it then say "well since you voided your warranty that will be *insert outrageous price here*". If I knew it would be a cheap fix then for sure I would take it in, but until them I am going to keep trying to fix it with the help of CSS net members .

Good idea, just can't fit into my college budget.

Thanks, Dustin
Old 11-27-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by 08baltSS
I would, but I do not have any stock parts to put back on the car because I bought the car with the mods already installed. So I can't afford to take it to them and have them fix it then say "well since you voided your warranty that will be *insert outrageous price here*". If I knew it would be a cheap fix then for sure I would take it in, but until them I am going to keep trying to fix it with the help of CSS net members .

Good idea, just can't fit into my college budget.

Thanks, Dustin
Your college budget should have been a 89 honda civic. Unexpected cost's and repairs comes with buying a modded/new car.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by m33pm33p
Your college budget should have been a 89 honda civic. Unexpected cost's and repairs comes with buying a modded/new car.
Oh heck no lol, I work hard for what I have, I'd do anything to keep from having to drive a not nice car. These troubles just came at the wrong time, tuition is due next month so I can't waste extra money on having the dealership fix something that is probably going to be something I can fix myself for much cheaper.

Thanks though,
Dustin
Old 11-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by m33pm33p
My DD is a '91 Civic hatchback.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Alright guys, as of now I have decided to take my car to the local chevrolet dealership, Paul Stine, and have them check out my oil leak and flash my car back to stock. They said it would be $75 to flash the car to stock tune and if the oil leak isn't covered by my power-train warranty then it would probably be a $30-$35 diagnostic fee. The prices seem reasonable to me, just wondering what you guys think. Oh and I didn't forget to check the spark plugs, I just haven't had time this week since the semester is almost over, oh and I need a need evap purge solenoid again . Oh well, still love the car just need to get these problems fixed up so I can enjoy it more!

Thanks as always guys, any comments or suggestions are always appreciated!
Dustin
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM

UPDATE:
Hey guys!,
Just got back from the dealer and my oil leak is getting fixed under warranty, THANK GOD! Turns out it was the rear main seal that was leaking so they ordered the parts and will get them sometime next week so ill probably bring it in next friday for them to fix it. Also, I did get the car tuned back to stock by the dealership for $75, which seems fair enough to me. The tune was not the issue though with the wacky fuel trims and A/F ratio so my next step is going to be replacing the spark plugs(I will post pictures of the old ones up here when I do it) and see if that helps things out. The plugs will come in tomorrow since none were in stock at advanced auto and HOPEFULLY I can find time to put them in on Sunday cause I'm busy tomorrow.
Just wanted to let you guys know what is going on and wondering if you have any new suggestions yet.
Oh and the dealership, Paul Stine, in selinsgrove, PA is awesome! +1 rep for them because I had all of my mods still on the car (SRI, IC, charge pipes, exhaust, downpipe, and tuned) and they didn't have a single complaint about any of it! I was thrilled with their service!
Thanks again,
Dustin
Old 12-18-2012, 02:06 PM

Well I got my car back again today, they fixed the oil leak last week, but I took it back yesterday to look into my motor issues and check out another leak. Turned out that the leak was just fluid from when they bled the clutch that they didnt wipe off so they cleaned that up and the codes they found were P0451, P2195, P0302, P0303, P0301, P0300, P0137, P0507, and P0101. They then cleared the codes and took it for a test drive and the ones that came back were P2096, P0101, and P2177. Their recommendation was that the oil from the K&N Sri was messing up the MAF ( though they did note that they did not see any build up or film on the MAF) and to switch back to the factory intake. Also, they noted that my down pipe was cat less which they don't care, but they said that is what is causing the o2 sensor code ( it does have an angled o2 bung though). New Intake quote was $297 so I opted out, but I did order a new MAF this morning so I should get it put on tomorrow before I go to work. Any ideas to other solutions?

Thanks guys,
Dustin
Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 08baltSS
Well I got my car back again today, they fixed the oil leak last week, but I took it back yesterday to look into my motor issues and check out another leak. Turned out that the leak was just fluid from when they bled the clutch that they didnt wipe off so they cleaned that up and the codes they found were P0451, P2195, P0302, P0303, P0301, P0300, P0137, P0507, and P0101. They then cleared the codes and took it for a test drive and the ones that came back were P2096, P0101, and P2177. Their recommendation was that the oil from the K&N Sri was messing up the MAF ( though they did note that they did not see any build up or film on the MAF) and to switch back to the factory intake. Also, they noted that my down pipe was cat less which they don't care, but they said that is what is causing the o2 sensor code ( it does have an angled o2 bung though). New Intake quote was $297 so I opted out, but I did order a new MAF this morning so I should get it put on tomorrow before I go to work. Any ideas to other solutions?
Thanks guys,
Dustin
I'd check you BPV to see if it's working correctly. Make sure your DP gaskets are in the correct positions.

Man this stuff sucks, so hard to pinpoint.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
I'd check you BPV to see if it's working correctly. Make sure your DP gaskets are in the correct positions.

Man this stuff sucks, so hard to pinpoint.
Not sure really how to check the BPV, but if it helps any A lot of times when I am decelerating I hear many faint "blow offs" (kinda the same sound as when you get up to about 0 psi then let off the gas just makes a very subtle whisper). These are normally spaced about .5 seconds apart and continue until I either accelerate again or come to a stop oh and this is while the car is still in gear decelerating say from 3.5k rpms to 1k rpms in 3rd or something of that nature(not really gear dependent).

Also, I picked up my new MAF sensor and installed it then cleared my codes and fuel trims(using my interceptor gauge) and took it for a ride, but there is no change in the way the car runs and the P0101 code still occurs.

I have new plugs, just haven't had time to change them out.

Thanks again,
Dustin.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM

bump for more ideas
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Yep in most case the Dealer will say the parts you have on the car is causing the prob!, There gonna point there fingers at that to get out fixing you car under warranty! bc I ran into the same prob a few times. Mine has a rattle in the steering at any speed and I can feel it in the steering wheel while driving, it was eatting up the driverside tire and pulling to the left. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the tire thats causing it to do that I said not ****!. now it is bc the tire is wore out and they said then that I have springs on it and it made the car lower thats why its out of alignment. So they did an alignment and the car still does the same thing!. So now I have new tires and gonna take it back for another alignment and show them that its not the tires now. it a 09 SS sedan. any help on the rattle anybody? has anyone had this prob?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cobra2255
Yep in most case the Dealer will say the parts you have on the car is causing the prob!, There gonna point there fingers at that to get out fixing you car under warranty! bc I ran into the same prob a few times. Mine has a rattle in the steering at any speed and I can feel it in the steering wheel while driving, it was eatting up the driverside tire and pulling to the left. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the tire thats causing it to do that I said not ****!. now it is bc the tire is wore out and they said then that I have springs on it and it made the car lower thats why its out of alignment. So they did an alignment and the car still does the same thing!. So now I have new tires and gonna take it back for another alignment and show them that its not the tires now. it a 09 SS sedan. any help on the rattle anybody? has anyone had this prob?
Well my dealer has actually been very helpful up to this point so I am satisfied with their service. They didn't sell me the car, but they are still doing plenty of work for me. As for your steering rattle, I believe I saw somewhere on here about a warranty out about steering column problems.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 PM

late night bump just incase there are anymore ideas out there
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Just replaced the spark plugs, gaped to .035 and still runs exactly the same, made no difference. Oh and in case it matters, yes I did use stock AC DELCO plugs. I'm probably going to change out the O2 sensors next since that was the other code the car was coming up with.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Dustin.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Hey guys, car has been running great for about month now after I replaced the map sensors, o2 sensors, and the intake for a factory one! Only problem I am having now is my fuel trims LTFT are ranging between 6-12. A friend and I jacked up the car and got underneath and on top of the motor while doing a boost leak test and we found a few leaks 3 or 4. We used the soapy water and sprayed down everything and fixed all the leaks that we found. Unfortunately it didn't fix my trims at all so I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!,
Dustin
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM

pre-work bump for ideas on what could be skewing my fuel trims