2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

zzp lnf dp is awesome on stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zzp lnf dp is awesome on stock exhaust

so during black friday i bought my lnf 3" zzp catless dp, with 02 bung welded in for wideband for 177 shipped.
such a great price.
it sounds great and my boost hits a lot better than it did before.
all in all, the car is a lot faster.
here is a cold start.
thanks zzp for quick ship, and a really high quality product.

these are all videos taken from my iphone3g, so sorry if the quality isn't amazing.
works for me though

i've been thinking about doing a muffler delete but i kind of like it how it is.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Awesome!

Sounds great I ordered a Catless DP on black friday aswell can't wait for it to get here (stupid customs).

If you did the install yourself could you please confirm that the O2 Sensor requires a 22mm wrench? Also what size are the bolts holding the downpipe to the turbo (15mm?)? And how many extensions did you use to get at the one that's hard to reach? Also did you have any troubles re-using the stock gaskets on both ends?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM

looks like this was a hot item, got mine too with my stock cat back and love it, might go for a bit lougder though

but ya its a cake install all i needed was a 6 in extension universal joint, 15mm deep, and think i used a 7/8 wrench for the 02, to get the hard bolt on the top of the 3 bolt flange, just released the turbo side first and pulled it down
Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM

does zzp make a dp for the 2.2?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:19 PM

thats a steal you got, i bout a used hahn dp for 190 for my lnf
Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM

I got mine during the same sale. Sounds great with the muffler delete also. I didnt use a wratchet for anything but to tighten back the upper bolt on the rear section where it connects to the rest of the exhaust. I have flex head ratcheting wrenches stubbies and regular size. if you all dont have a set I highly suggest them as they pretty much are all I use anymore unless trying to break big tq.
Josh
Old 12-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is mine that I got from ZZP a week or so ago. I will be installing it when I head home to New York for the Holidays in a about a week. I had one question and I know its totally noob...but I wanna get it right. I got there downpipe with the O2 bung wheled on for my Wideband and they said that since I'm not tuned to delete rear O2 codes I should get another one. Now my question is...which one is for which? I labled them in the pic. Can someone help me out?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:38 PM

I think you could just get one of the o2 sensor extensions off ebay and run the one you have now with out a cose as it does the same thing
Josh
Old 12-09-2009, 02:54 PM

"B" is for your stock O2 sensor.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by austinss
"B" is for your stock O2 sensor.
thank you. I appreciate the help...I can't wait to put this in
Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by tom.g
Awesome!

Sounds great I ordered a Catless DP on black friday aswell can't wait for it to get here (stupid customs).

If you did the install yourself could you please confirm that the O2 Sensor requires a 22mm wrench? Also what size are the bolts holding the downpipe to the turbo (15mm?)? And how many extensions did you use to get at the one that's hard to reach? Also did you have any troubles re-using the stock gaskets on both ends?
ah sorry to hear that.
yes sir, the bolts holding the downpipe to catback and 02 housing are 15 mm.
for the 02 sensor i used a wrench but i don't remember what size i'm sorry maybe someone else can chime in here and let you know.
i barely have 1k miles on my car so the gasket that was holding the dp to catback was there, but there is no gasket from 02 housing to top of dp. hope that helps

Originally Posted by DiZZ
looks like this was a hot item, got mine too with my stock cat back and love it, might go for a bit lougder though

but ya its a cake install all i needed was a 6 in extension universal joint, 15mm deep, and think i used a 7/8 wrench for the 02, to get the hard bolt on the top of the 3 bolt flange, just released the turbo side first and pulled it down
this.

good info

Originally Posted by souchak2112
does zzp make a dp for the 2.2?
they do just check on here
http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...cts.php?id=155

Originally Posted by Chinelli3589
Here is mine that I got from ZZP a week or so ago. I will be installing it when I head home to New York for the Holidays in a about a week. I had one question and I know its totally noob...but I wanna get it right. I got there downpipe with the O2 bung wheled on for my Wideband and they said that since I'm not tuned to delete rear O2 codes I should get another one. Now my question is...which one is for which? I labled them in the pic. Can someone help me out?

either one will work, but if you use the top one (closest to flex pipe) it shouldn't throw a code. thats why its designed like that.
I didn't get that to save money, just got the wideband bung and put my 02 sensor in there.
still haven't throw a code.

Last edited by ei3dag3; 12-09-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2009, 04:52 PM

B is for stock O2
A is for wideband

B is the only one I have on mine. It is shaped like that so that it will not be exposed to as much oxygen to throw a cat failure code.

A is a straight bung so that it gets straight readings

Oops. I had this window open for a while and I didn't see the responses

Last edited by RossGo; 12-09-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 PM

What is needed for a completely stock cobalt for this dp? I don't completely understand the purpose of the "A" hole for the wide-band. The "B" one makes sense for the stock o2, in that way to not let so much exhaust rush past it. I had a zzp dp on my last cobalt ss/sc i bought it with it already installed though. To tell you the truth, i want to get another zzp dp but i am cautious due to the problems i had with the last one. I would get CEL all the time, and i assume my cousin who is quite knowledgeable with cars knew what to order to make it work right. My DP also eventually wore out of the flex tubing and fell down to where i had no dp hooked up. Was ridiculously loud and had to go and get it re-welded for reattachment. I think the dp busted off due to me bottoming out at one point in time and slowly wore off, so I don't think it was ZZP's build quality at all. I want to get one of these just i cant stand CEL's, have you had anything show up since install?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stephenishere
What is needed for a completely stock cobalt for this dp? I don't completely understand the purpose of the "A" hole for the wide-band. The "B" one makes sense for the stock o2, in that way to not let so much exhaust rush past it. I had a zzp dp on my last cobalt ss/sc i bought it with it already installed though. To tell you the truth, i want to get another zzp dp but i am cautious due to the problems i had with the last one. I would get CEL all the time, and i assume my cousin who is quite knowledgeable with cars knew what to order to make it work right. My DP also eventually wore out of the flex tubing and fell down to where i had no dp hooked up. Was ridiculously loud and had to go and get it re-welded for reattachment. I think the dp busted off due to me bottoming out at one point in time and slowly wore off, so I don't think it was ZZP's build quality at all. I want to get one of these just i cant stand CEL's, have you had anything show up since install?
nothing is needed, it just gets rid of the 2 cats that are a major restriction.
if you want to see gains though you'll need a tune or the ecm will do a computer relearn and put you back at the stock tq/hp.

the a hole is for those that do not have rpd, and don't automatically have a wideband in that screen. look up aem wideband uego, its mainly for tuning purposes so you know if you're running a lean or rich fuel mixture. safety....basically.
the purpose of the b one is so that not as much exhaust hits it, and it doesn't set off a code for no cat.
its really not that loud, its muffled because there is a turbo. it honestly sounds like sex.

i don't even have the b spot on mine, look at the first pic, i only have the bung for the wideband. i haven't thrown a code and usually it hits in a day. i also do not have it deleted, however i do have a tune. but with the b spot on that dp you'll for sure not get a cel.
theres lots of other people around that have it and have no codes.
ottp also has this option so does clear image auto, and they have no codes either.
they all are pretty much same, and look and sound pretty close...i mean its the same engine and turbo just no cat.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 AM

Thanks for all the help

If I were to order a dp from them do i just need to order the regular 199 priced one. The o2 bung is the A slot for wide band, but is that angled hole for b already on the 199 no cat/no o2 one? or is that the options for off road w/ o2 for another 40 bucks on top of it?

Also what is the spun metal cat for +130$ option do?

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...1016&catid=155
Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 AM

the one priced at 199 needs yopu to order it with the 40 dollar o2 extender. One person on is saying he has not seen a code but others have without this. The cat is just that a high flow version of whats there form the factory
The wideband o2 sensor port is not required unless you hook up a external wideband I am not sure why you would do that as Our car already has one you just need a way to read it (dash hawk ext)
good luck I have the zzp dp with the extender for the 02 no codes easy ass install sounds ok for a little 4cyl.
Josh
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor

DAMN, a steal at $180 shipped!! Enjoy