2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

looking for input (Heat Shield)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for input (Heat Shield)

Well I was driving yesterday with a friend that was logging with hp tuner and he noticed my IAT's were around 109-114 crusing. The outside temp was about 91-92 Farenheit give or take. He asked if I had the little rubber material type heat shield that connects to the grill and stretches down toward the bottom of the car, that blocks heat from getting to the intake. He was adamant that this little piece of rubber would drop IAT's significantly. What are you're thoughts? I do not have one though, I believe its due to a recent wreck and it was lost in the body work proccess. What is the part number for this part?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by RednBlack
Well I was driving yesterday with a friend that was logging with hp tuner and he noticed my IAT's were around 109-114 crusing. The outside temp was about 91-92 Farenheit give or take. He asked if I had the little rubber material type heat shield that connects to the grill and stretches down toward the bottom of the car, that blocks heat from getting to the intake. He was adamant that this little piece of rubber would drop IAT's significantly. What are you're thoughts? I do not have one though, I believe its due to a recent wreck and it was lost in the body work proccess. What is the part number for this part?
i always thought that little piece of rubber was to help prevent any water from getting to the air filter. the stock air box has that snorkle that extends up to the headlight, and without that little piece of rubber i would imagine a good amount of water would be able to enter through the grill opening and into the stock air box.

heat rises so i wouldnt imagine the intakes air filter soaking up any hot air without that little piece of rubber installed since the air filter is so close to the bottom of the spash guard.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Staged07SS
i always thought that little piece of rubber was to help prevent any water from getting to the air filter. the stock air box has that snorkle that extends up to the headlight, and without that little piece of rubber i would imagine a good amount of water would be able to enter through the grill opening and into the stock air box.

heat rises so i wouldnt imagine the intakes air filter soaking up any hot air without that little piece of rubber installed since the air filter is so close to the bottom of the spash guard.
appreciate the answer anyone know the part number for this part?