2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

A Sad Sad Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Sad Sad Story

OK this story is a horror story and i really hope none of you have to go threw this. So a month ago my car started to make this knocking noise. Soon as i heard it i called the dealership which is champion Chevy in Hanover pa. They said that they didn't have an appointment till Friday. I told them that was fine but should i drop it off and get a loaner they asked if the check engine light came on and i told them no because it didn't. They said you should be fine just take it easy. I said OK. I then took it in there Friday they said they would call me and let me know" and they never call you till you call them" So i called them three hours later they said I needed to come in and get a loaner car they would need to keep my car that my timing belt guide bolt had broken and that that caused some damage to my cylinder head. Which is what had caused my engine to make that noise i said OK but how long do they think it would be they said a week that they had to order a part and it would take a day or two to fix. They also had to replace the timing belt and i thought they had said the manifold as well.But they had those other parts in stock. So one week goes by and they stuck me in a standard no power anything cobalt which is OK but it gets old when you have to do highway driving. So I had called to get a status they said they were still waiting to get this part in but it should be in soon. So another week goes by still not hearing anything from them called them again same story but this time they said it should be in on the 27th of July. I was like OK but i thought well at least i know it is coming in on that date so then i call on the 27th and they said gm had taken that date back that my cylinder head was on national back order and they didn't have this part anywhere in the world. Now i have a 2006 2.0 supercharged cobalt. And All i need in the head not an engine or anything just the head. So at that i hung up with them and called the complaint line and told them about my problem she then called the help desk and told me already what i knew. So i told her well i think i should at least get one months car payment for this since they had my car for a month already and still no date as to when the part will come in. Also i am moving at the end of this month so i need my car. I told her if they are not going to be able to get the part by the end of this week that i wanted a either a whole new engine for my car or a new car from them or my money back to get my own new car. She then tells me that she will email the district maintenance manager and he will see if it is fit to get any of the things i have requested. Has anyone else had this problem? I would like some input if you think at all that i am being unfair or if they are feeding my a line of crap. I would like to get a list of people that have had this issue or have had something similar with there car happen. And what i can do about it ? I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

Ben
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't help ya out, but I wish ya the best & hope it gets better!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude i thought someone died or somethin, cmon man way to misleading of a title
Old 08-02-2007, 03:31 PM

i had a rental for 5 months when my tranny blew waiting for a new one and finally they just ended up ordering all the parts seperate and building me. That was fun.........
Old 08-02-2007, 03:49 PM

spaces between paragraphs saves lives
Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM

I had the same problem with my car only it was the clutch. My dealership had my car for a month and i was getting tired of their excuses. They kept saying the part wasnt in stock, i needed a new clutch and pressure plate. I told them to call saturn and ask if they had any clutches/PP in stock and they ignored me. So after about 4 weeks my mom calls and says, my son is not paying on the car til its fixed and if it isnt fixed by the end of the week, it was a tuesday at the time, that she was calling the BBB. Needless to say the dealership called GM and GM said to call the Saturn department because Saturn has their own number and doesnt want to be considered part of GM and viola Saturn of Monroeville had 3 clutch and pressure plates in stock. If the stupid f**ks would have listened to me they would had my car for a month. Which in the end GM ended up reimbursing me a car payment for the month that the dealership had my car.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moza13-
dude i thought someone died or somethin, cmon man way to misleading of a title
But its in the 2.0 performance section
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude my head gasket was on "National Back Order" Then they had one in about 2 days later. lol Just hand in there.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 PM

A few days after we got the goat, the TPS went and they had the car for over a month because the part wasn't available from Australia yet.

GM made the monthly payment that month though.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:08 PM

I had the same problem you had but it was a year ago when I first got the car. the engine would make a clicking sound on decel of engine revs from 2100 to idle. They had to do the same repairs you claimed, but luck for me they were out of all cars but suv's and I got a suburban for 2 weeks! =) I too even called the gm reps up and complained that the car was a lemon but that was at 8k when the car had oil leaks from the top half of the motor and smelled awwful if you got anywere near highway speeds.

so in conclusion....
I doubt them doing anything special but fixing your car when they get the parts
Old 08-02-2007, 08:40 PM

took me 2 weeks to get my clutch replaced ******* sad
Old 08-02-2007, 09:38 PM

and then my teddy bear was throw in the fire...the end.

lol...seriously that sucks, i'm sure they will do something for ya to help you out.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:47 PM

well, lets see, my balt is pretty much one huge lemon. i blew the clutch, that was 1 week. I had blown the clutch because of a manufacture mistake. Because of that, I had syncro wear. That was 2 weeks. Was in an accident, and that was over a month. Syncro wear 2 more times because the dealership totally blows, both times was 2 weeks. And now, I have another worn clutch. I'm not bringing it back. I'm just throwing a stage 2 in the bitch and calling it a day. Sooo...w/e. Hope that helps.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by SCcobaltSS
Dude my head gasket was on "National Back Order" Then they had one in about 2 days later. lol Just hand in there.
mine was also on back order and had it in two days.LOL
Old 08-03-2007, 07:12 AM

ok so an update on the story so yesterday i got a call from the eastern repair manager and he told me they called the manufacture of the cylinder head and they said they would have it in by tomorrow I also mentioned your stories and apparently he is very familiar with our site. And said that a "performance car" such as ours takes longer then most general cars that gm owns to get parts in for. I just blew that answer off. It just amazes me how i had to go that far to get one part. I would hate to see how hard it is to get anything else for my car. I just don't understand a basic part to a car and they don't have one in stock kind of sad and not saying to much for gm.