2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Swapped Engine, Car Won't Start!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they finally got it started! Supposedly it was two connectors that were the same, swapped them and it fired up. Someone had suggested the TB and Cam sensor plugs could be mixed up, I think they were the two that were.

Before I got there today, it was firing right up and running good. When I got there it would start then choke and die. I tried swapping the plug for the SCIP sensor, with the one just to the right of the intake manifold. They were the same connector and close to eachother, so I though they could have been mixed up. Well the car started right up and idled great. I then had my buddy come down with his stock SS. After looking over his connections, I saw I didn't need to swap them connectors. I went in and put them back to the way they should be. The car fired right up!?!

So as it stands now, the car fires right up and idles perfect. They were closing for the day, so I didn't get to test drive. He is going to keep it until Monday, test drive and go over everything.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I will post the outcome Monday.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:48 PM

Awesome, I'm glad I could help
Old 03-08-2019, 01:41 AM

06 cobalt no crank no fuel after motor swap

I did a motor swap in my 06 cobalt lt 5speed , and when I turn the key on dash lights up and give the car life. When I go to crank it it does absolutely nothing. And there is no fuel pump power either... but if I jump the starter it will crank over?? What's the issue I should look for.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:58 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Scott
I did a motor swap in my 06 cobalt lt 5speed , and when I turn the key on dash lights up and give the car life. When I go to crank it it does absolutely nothing. And there is no fuel pump power either... but if I jump the starter it will crank over?? What's the issue I should look for.
Are all the lights on the dash turning on or just a couple? I can't remember what the dash does when you need to do a security relearn but the lock icon is either on steady or blinks. If that's not it I would say your most likely culprit is in either the fuse/relay box or a bad ground.. If you jump the starter directly it will always crank over as long as the engine is free to rotate.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sunburst_SS
yes, I'm a tech. at a chevrolet cadillac dealership...... the security relean isn't needed, that's pretty much for your theft deterrent in your ignition system and all that. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I'll try and help you out
I have an 08 cobalt with a 2010 engine and transmission. Car has some cranking starting hesitation but always starts eventually. Would my car need relearned or reset in some way to sync it